BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or y'know lads who are high on cocaine who storm into the stadium without a ticket and proceed to rip the seats out of the stands...

Childs play, but times have moved on I guess, give me the old Wembley any day of the week.

28 minutes ago, Gav said:

Childs play, but times have moved on I guess, give me the old Wembley any day of the week.

Times have indeed moved on. Harking back to the bad old days shouldn't be looked upon with misty eyes. Hooliganism was a blight on English football. It put the game back years.ย 

As far as stadiums go there is no comparison. Old Wembley was awful. The stands were too far away from the pitch, and there were awkward views all over the ground. New Wembley is, as I said the other day, a waste of money. But it is a tremendous venue.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Times have indeed moved on. Harking back to the bad old days shouldn't be looked upon with misty eyes. Hooliganism was a blight on English football. It put the game back years.ย 

It doesnโ€™t have to be about hooliganism speedie, but following England was much better 20/30yrs ago than it is now, in my opinion.ย 

ยฃ17.50 for burger and chips? ๐Ÿ˜คย 

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I asked for a pint of โ€œ Morretti โ€œ the other night in my local. I usually pay by card at the end of the night. This time I just absentmindedly put a ยฃ5 note down on the bar. The barman said โ€œ Youโ€™ll need to put another 20p there โ€œ.

ยฃ5-20 for a pint of lager !

๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช bring me a time machine and lets get back to 1990,ยฃ1.20 for a pint of slalam lager and ยฃ3 to stand on the blackburn end๐Ÿ˜€

2 hours ago, Gav said:

It doesnโ€™t have to be about hooliganism speedie, but following England was much better 20/30yrs ago than it is now, in my opinion.ย 

ยฃ17.50 for burger and chips? ๐Ÿ˜คย 

Fair enough, but your "child's play" line intimated that the old days were better because there was more violence.

You've said that you followed England far and wide, and I'm sure it was superb, but you can't compare your experiences to what occurs today. We all look at life through our own lens. Times change. Good memories will always be there. Lads watching England today will be saying the same thing as you in 2050.

I remember the old Blackburn End toilets. They were a disgrace. Nobody can say with a clear mind that they were better than what Ewood offers now, even in a rapidly deteriorating stadium. Yet, people reminisce about them and the absolute state of them is diminished.ย 

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I asked for a pint of โ€œ Morretti โ€œ the other night in my local. I usually pay by card at the end of the night. This time I just absentmindedly put a ยฃ5 note down on the bar. The barman said โ€œ Youโ€™ll need to put another 20p there โ€œ.

ยฃ5-20 for a pint of lager !

Me and a mate went for a pint after a run the other day, when the lad behind the bar read out the total for the round, my mate commented "blimey dom, we've ran all the way to london"

• Like 5

On 27/03/2022 at 23:12, DeeCee said:

My local country pub is Tribute ยฃ4.10,ย  brewery is only 15 miles away, San Miguel ยฃ5.15

Went in last night and it's gone up. Tribute is now ยฃ4.45 ffs. I'm going to stick to my 500,ml bottles of Bass at ยฃ1.30, buy 4 get 1 free which equates to 97p bottle (Asda).

Does intrigue me roverandout at how much of a downer you have about all things Rovers (fair enough), but are a super duper fanboy for a side that most football fans are only semi-connected to, and donโ€™t give one secondโ€™s thought to until a tournament rolls aroundโ€ฆ

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Can see 3 wins out of 3. 15 goals for 0 againstย 

Get down to the bookies and put a wedge on, youโ€™ll get Brererton-Diaz style odds for that prediction.

I remember us putting 9 past Scotland. Dougie got at least one of them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Maguire still in after having a nightmare season at United

He is very lucky to keep his spot especially as Eric Dier has played very well for Conte.ย But unlike many in previous generations he tends to play better in an England shirt. Mings had a bad season too and missed out.

TAA, Trippier, Walker, James, Justin - all right backs although with no left backs available I think Justin and Trippier will play on the left.

ย 

• Like 1