BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

15 hours ago, roverandout said:

Having watched most of the 'big teams' recently.  We have nothing to fear. England have probably been the most impressive side.  Maybe along with France Germany.  Yes the opposition are poor but 15 goals in 2 games with a plethora of players missing, we have great options.  A year can make a big difference but we have some outstanding options.  Maybe up front could be a problem but if mason Greenwood can find his feet plus dcl to come back.  Abraham looks decent.  Perhaps toney at Brentford might offer a different option.  But when u look at our fullback options wide options and especially attacking midfield, there's very few teams that can compete.  Even our keeper options look good now with Pickford ramsdale playing well (Pickford for England mostly). Henderson gets a loan move. Pope at Burnley.  Johnstone will probably get a prem move.  Also think midfield is looking better with Rice been outstanding.  Phillips industrious.  Henderson has still got it. Bellingham looks a star. I'm very positive 

Edit forgot about centreback.  Maguire stones as dependable as ever. Tomori ghuei gomez konsa white all look good defenders.  Mings is OK. Coady looks ok

I agree with you. The years of sweating the last game of the season because a key man may get injured are gone, hopefully forever. I remember not too long ago the fits over Kerion Dyer of all people breaking his foot. Every player available at the moment could be replaced with something similar. Maybe Kane is the exception, but even then Calvert-Lewin has been impressive, and if Solskjaer either gets the boot or sorts himself out both Greenwood and Rashford can lead the line. England have talent aplenty. Southgate has a year to improve too. He can be too cautious at times. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Shows you what a difference a good coach can make. How many of the Scots players would get into the England squad never mind the team.

It's Steve Clarke. He's hardly Arrigo Sacchi. However, he has them well drilled, and you can never discount the mental aspect of playing for your country. For years it was a burden for England players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I agree with you. The years of sweating the last game of the season because a key man may get injured are gone, hopefully forever. I remember not too long ago the fits over Kerion Dyer of all people breaking his foot. Every player available at the moment could be replaced with something similar. Maybe Kane is the exception, but even then Calvert-Lewin has been impressive, and if Solskjaer either gets the boot or sorts himself out both Greenwood and Rashford can lead the line. England have talent aplenty. Southgate has a year to improve too. He can be too cautious at times. 

I don't think you can replace Kane like for like but we have the attacking talent to maybe play slightly differently and still score goals. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It's Steve Clarke. He's hardly Arrigo Sacchi. However, he has them well drilled, and you can never discount the mental aspect of playing for your country. For years it was a burden for England players.

Steve Clarke has always been a highly respected coach. Ask Gullitt, Zola, Mourinho, Kenny etc.

Also, what he did at Killie was miraculous. 

• Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
16 hours ago, roverandout said:

No tomori in England squad again.  Yet mings coady get in.  He's been one of the best defenders in seria a this season 

I'll have to take your word for it on Tomori. I don't watch Serie A. He looked like he had potential in his limited time at Chelsea. The Italian league will make him a better defender too.

The lad from Palace, Guedi, got a call up too. 

Sancho and Rashford didn't make it. Quite right too. Sancho has gone backwards. Rashford needs a new club.

Alexander-Arnold is out with an injury now. Will Southgate bring in Kyle Walker, or go with a youngster?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'll have to take your word for it on Tomori. I don't watch Serie A. He looked like he had potential in his limited time at Chelsea. The Italian league will make him a better defender too.

The lad from Palace, Guedi, got a call up too. 

Sancho and Rashford didn't make it. Quite right too. Sancho has gone backwards. Rashford needs a new club.

Alexander-Arnold is out with an injury now. Will Southgate bring in Kyle Walker, or go with a youngster?

I'm going off what Milan supporters say on YouTube plus they keep alot of clean sheets when he plays 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Feels like the season as it gets to the business end grinds to a temporary halt in favour of 2 pointless friendlies.

Not pointless. Its a big year with nations league plus a world cup. This is the only chance to experiment.  Plus teams have to play friendlies when there's competitive games going on as it affects coefficient.  

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hopefully livramento 

Good shout. 

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm going off what Milan supporters say on YouTube plus they keep alot of clean sheets when he plays 

They are top so he's doing something right.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Feels like the season as it gets to the business end grinds to a temporary halt in favour of 2 pointless friendlies.

They are pointless because England have qualified for the World Cup. I'd much rather be in this position than Scotland, Wales, Italy, and Portugal to name a few who have play off matches to attend to.

Southgate is able get his squad together, bring in a new face or two, and do some preparation for Qatar.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Not pointless. Its a big year with nations league plus a world cup. This is the only chance to experiment.  Plus teams have to play friendlies when there's competitive games going on as it affects coefficient.  

Nations League doesn't matter really. And is there much scope for experiment, basically every player has already been capped and ultimately the tournament isn't for 8 or 9 months at which point the landscape of form and fitness will have turned on its head.

Ultimately some teams have important qualifiers so I do to an extent understand the need for this international break, perhaps not right now. But it doesn't change the fact that for me and the majority, a friendly v Switzerland and one v the Ivory Coast mean nothing but an unwelcomed break from the club schedule at a key point in the season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nations League doesn't matter really. And is there much scope for experiment, basically every player has already been capped and ultimately the tournament isn't for 8 or 9 months at which point the landscape of form and fitness will have turned on its head.

Ultimately some teams have important qualifiers so I do to an extent understand the need for this international break, perhaps not right now. But it doesn't change the fact that for me and the majority, a friendly v Switzerland and one v the Ivory Coast mean nothing but an unwelcomed break from the club schedule at a key point in the season.

So when do u fit them in.  There's 2 or 3 playoffs which would either have to be played now or in April as there's nations league in June so may would be too close.  Plus in May there will be champions league final etc.  These Friendlies have to coincide with competitive games 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Seeing a Mexican wave go round Wembley is heartbreaking. Just goes to show the types attracted to England home matches these days. 

england home games are marketed at the middle class,who treat it as a day out and will spend exhorbitant amounts of money on souvenirs and food/drinks,the fa don`t want lads who turn up,sing,shout,voice their opinion and don`t spend much apart from a beer or two,wembley went so much overbudget they have to cram events in it to get back their outlay

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

england home games are marketed at the middle class,who treat it as a day out and will spend exhorbitant amounts of money on souvenirs and food/drinks,the fa don`t want lads who turn up,sing,shout,voice their opinion and don`t spend much apart from a beer or two,wembley went so much overbudget they have to cram events in it to get back their outlay

Or y'know lads who are high on cocaine who storm into the stadium without a ticket and proceed to rip the seats out of the stands...