BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

7 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

4 games in 10 days at the end of a long season is just stupid for a tournament most people including the players don't care about.

I think the likes of bowen do. These are important games going into a world cup. The last chance for players to impress Southgate.  There's probably only a few places up for grabs but with potential injuries the likes of bowen Justin etc have a chance to stake a claim.  I enjoy watching England whether it's a friendly or a competitive game 

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I think the likes of bowen do. These are important games going into a world cup. The last chance for players to impress Southgate.  There's probably only a few places up for grabs but with potential injuries the likes of bowen Justin etc have a chance to stake a claim.  I enjoy watching England whether it's a friendly or a competitive game 

They really showed they were up for it yesterday didn't they

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Not really but playing for your country is still a big thing

It should be,i just think there's no need for the Nations league this year.With a winter world cup next season is longer than usual so it would have been better to give the players an extended break,instead we get more games.

• Like 1

Delighted that Wales have qualified. I can't remember them being in the WC all those years ago, I was only 6 and we probably didn't have a TV then anyway.

It will spice up the group and I'll save up my anti Wales stuff until then.

Hennessey and Davies were superb. Both teams played to the limit and in a surprisingly good spirit considering the games importance. Well done to both, a good viewing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

It should be,i just think there's no need for the Nations league this year.With a winter world cup next season is longer than usual so it would have been better to give the players an extended break,instead we get more games.

££££££££££, no other reason.

To play 4 competitive games at the end of a long season is greed at its finest.

Players are disposable serfs, well paid ones but serfs nonetheless.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I the Ukrainians should have had a pen in the first half. You see those incidents were a player kicks another player coming up from behind them given all the time by British refs.

I thought it was going to be given on a VAR.

I don't like it where the player sneaks from behind to initiate the contact to buy a penalty and it's time that type of incident was treated for what it is .. cheating.

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Wales were very lucky that and Ukraine are not that good 

I would rather have Wales in our group than Ukraine or Scotland for that matter.

Tonight both teams missed very good chances and more 'body on the line' saves and clearances than good luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought it was going to be given on a VAR.

I don't like it where the player sneaks from behind to initiate the contact to buy a penalty and it's time that type of incident was treated for what it is .. cheating.

I also thought the free kick Wales scored from should have gone the other way. James kicked the Ukrainian guys foot, not the other way around. He likes a dive that James.

• Like 3

On 02/09/2021 at 20:37, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Very scrappy game tonight. Rice and Phillips in the same midfield = dull football. Mount not in the game, Sterling trying hard but no end product. No shots on target so far.

I haven't seen a worse England performance since the turnip head chants of the nineties (Graham Taylor era).

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

££££££££££, no other reason.

To play 4 competitive games at the end of a long season is greed at its finest.

Players are disposable serfs, well paid ones but serfs nonetheless.

I think these nations league fixtures are unnecessary and I think that the players should get some time off. 

As an aside, I think serf is the wrong word for the players in this instance though. I think these players live a life the rest of us can only dream of, which isn't the life of a serf.  But I don't think that takes anything away from the validity of your point in principle.

32 minutes ago, DanLad said:

I think these nations league fixtures are unnecessary and I think that the players should get some time off. 

As an aside, I think serf is the wrong word for the players in this instance though. I think these players live a life the rest of us can only dream of, which isn't the life of a serf.  But I don't think that takes anything away from the validity of your point in principle.

You are quite right and serf is a poor choice of word.

I've just seen the shenanigans of the Canadian WC  team and then read some info on the US players WC deal ..... serfs they are not.

I have no idea what WC deal England have for the players, their families and mates they met once in a nightclub etc but suspect it's good, from a players view.

Personally I'd take the Nations League every time over a friendly. Obviously nothing compared to the Euros or WC but at least competitive. We or Belgium, Spain etc might think it's a sideshow, but I am sure Hungary etc would love to win it. It's the League Cup of international football.

Quite looking forward to Germany tonight. Hopefully go in with more energy and focus than Saturday night.

• Like 2

Over a friendly perhaps but surely common sense could come into play and only the play offs could have been played now and most teams could have been sent on holiday.

The players dont seem arsed about it after a long, hard season and they aren't robots and do need to rest.

• Like 2