BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s so concerned with not losing that his various formations mean the team can`t gel and get an understanding with each other,quite why you get so concerned about facing hungary at home is only a question he can answer,iv`e said it before,southgate is just a posh mowbray,terrified of attacking,positive football

His starting lineup was quite attacking to be fair. Grealish, Sterling, Kane, Foden and Mount all starting.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, AspRover said:

All these creative players and no movement for them to pick out.

Also really struggling to work out how Sancho is so far behind Saka in the pecking order. Did he run over southgates dog or something?

Probs because heโ€™s been gash for his club.

Without reading people's wiffle waffle my take is this...

ย 

For all southgate's qualities tactics and in game management ain't one of them. Grealish looked our biggest threat. Foden and him our most technical players so he takes Grealish off for saka who is only effective when he gets spaces. Henderson comes on who has zero creativity instead of bringing on another forward because you know we need a goal. Mings offers nothing apart from safety. Maguire is a huge miss as he is aggressive and brings the ball forward. Its time to can kane for a couple of matches and see what Greenwood can do. Sterling is so hot and cold and he's been mostly cold lately. Southgate has cost us 4 points in the last two games v Poland and Hungary because of his lack of and incomprehensible substitutions. Albania will be a big game next Month

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, AspRover said:

He spent two seasons wrecking the bundesliga whilst Saka was turning out for Arsenal u23s, bad start to this season sure but he was behind Saka at the Euros.ย 

I absolutely agree that heโ€™s a better player than Saka, but I think he needs to either get his act together, or be managed better at club level.

1 hour ago, AspRover said:

He spent two seasons wrecking the bundesliga whilst Saka was turning out for Arsenal u23s, bad start to this season sure but he was behind Saka at the Euros.ย 

I've never once seen sancho have a good game.ย  Haven't got a clue what the fuss is about, looks chubby and lacking ideas. Utd might be the wrong place, needs to be at a west ham to get him going.

I'd have saka anytime before him as it stands.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've never once seen sancho have a good game.ย  Haven't got a clue what the fuss is about, looks chubby and lacking ideas. Utd might be the wrong place, needs to be at a west ham to get him going.

I'd have saka anytime before him as it stands.

Hear he was incredible in Germany and tore the Bundesliga up. I've yet to see him in an England or united shirt do anything of note. I even watched him a dozen times at city and saw nothing.ย 

A lot of people won't have seen Sancho have a good game unless they watch a lot of bundesliga where he was excellent. Most of all fearless which is not replicated in an England or United shirt so far. I do think he had a good game against Ukraine in the Euros though.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the lineup but for me I will never understand the Grealish sub. For me he is one of the first names on the teamsheet for the threat he carries and Southgate is right, he needs to add goals.

Taking him off made no sense. Saka is so similar to Sterling and with Sterling poor, that was the change to make if it weren't to be Sancho.

Kane is a threat but so poor so far this season, so off his game and rightly subbed. Abraham has been ok for Roma but the squad lacked a real threat to Kanes position.

Regardless of the penalty I thought Shaw was poor for most of the night and I think Chilwell should have been given a chance to change it round.

A frustrating night and it's now much closer than it should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southside Rover said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the lineup but for me I will never understand the Grealish sub. For me he is one of the first names on the teamsheet for the threat he carries and Southgate is right, he needs to add goals.

Taking him off made no sense.

Grealish isn't properly in Southgate's get along gang I don't think.ย 

How Mings gets anywhere near the squad is amazingย 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 23:56, Sparks Rover said:

Grealish isn't properly in Southgate's get along gang I don't think.ย 

How Mings gets anywhere near the squad is amazingย 

southgate loves his two holding midfielders,mavericks types like grealish certainly don`t appeal to him,he disrupts the machineย  and more than likely he can`t find a way to get the best out of him,kalvin phillips(the premierships corry evans)he gets picked despite not actually doing anything and john stones,he`s not played a first team game all season,are shocking inclusions

• Like 1

the mighty albania scaring southgate witless!!!!!,call me old school but should`nt you pick most of your best players,if you can`t find a system to accomodate them you should`nt be managing the national side,he`s got a hell of a lot of talent available to him at the moment,the best squad since 2002,terry,ferdinand,lampardย  etc,he should be using them in an attacking system

• Like 1

He tried playing all his creative players against Hungary and it left us vulnerable through the middle. Albania are a much better side than the last time we faced them. Chilwell and James will offer us plenty going forward so Iโ€™m happy with Phillips and Henderson starting. Plenty to come off the bench if neededย 

Edited by The Mighty Chaffinch