BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

4 hours ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

5k elsewhere around the ground.

Don't forget the thousands locked out !

Or is that Burnley ?  I'd get the two confused except Leeds sometimes nearly back up their claims, Dingles never do.

• Like 3

Huddersfield know they have a chance to reach the promised land again, probably unexpectedly, so they realise how important a big crowd (a real big crowd) can be - so their next league game? Fiver a ticket.

Yet, you will see all kinds of excuses trotted out here about how we can’t possibly do such a thing, though we have more empty seats to play with, more mothballed stands than any other club…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

It's just down to Waggot and his pre set targets for matchday income, one cheap game followed by an expensive one to balance it.  Said it a dozen times before but hes got to cover his 300k his wages are likely coming from matchday and commercial income.

The 150 million pot at the end of the rainbow or the extra revenue from play off fixtures seems a bit lost on these lot. 

If we fall away they'll be floundering around near the end of the season cutting prices and moaning they've done all they can to get over 10k home fans again.  The horse will have long bolted by then.

Lets hope not !

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Huddersfield know they have a chance to reach the promised land again, probably unexpectedly, so they realise how important a big crowd (a real big crowd) can be - so their next league game? Fiver a ticket.

Yet, you will see all kinds of excuses trotted out here about how we can’t possibly do such a thing, though we have more empty seats to play with, more mothballed stands than any other club…

No you don't, the vast majority would be in favour of such a move, if not everyone. 

The ticket deals have improved, its clear Waggott is listening, which is more than most have done over the past 10yrs under these owners. Could he do more to increase gates, yes, but its not all doom and gloom as you seem to paint Matty. 

Oh yes, the product on the pitch helps too 😁

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Doom and gloom? Got to be joking! After this half a season, I’m as happy as the proverbial clam.

Sorry, was a badly written sentence, I didn’t mean on here. As in what will emanate from the club, through leaks to Sharpe, the odd SW interview, FF minutes etc. 

Edited by Mattyblue

Only just been made aware of that on twitter. There's a lot of walk-ons for the two games who that could appeal to. They should be pushing that as widespread as possible.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Millwall at home on Saturday 19th February:

If that was priced at £15/£20 adults and £2 a kid if accompanied by a full paying adult/season ticket holder, for walk ons, what do you think the take up would be and could we perhaps get 25k on Ewood?

• Like 1

Certainly not for a standard game in February against a club who will fetch a following in the hundreds.

Get to the run in and we are still up there then it’s possible with a good ticket offer against a side who bring a decent away following… but then if it is against a side who might bring one then it will be Cat A anyway!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

It really isn’t. 

You win each game 1-0 with a long ball and you still get folk flooding back when you are top of the league and knocking on the PL door, because you know what, winning IS entertaining.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It really isn’t. 

You win each game 1-0 with a long ball and you still get folk flooding back when you are top of the league and knocking on the PL door, because you know what, winning IS entertaining.

That's clearly your opinion which I doubt isn't shared by the majority if our fanbase/fairweather fans etc..

Of course they go hand in hand.. 

Edited by damo100

Well obviously it’s my opinion, based on what I’ve seen here and everywhere else for donkeys years. 

They go hand in hand to an extent, because winning breeds confidence and the football being played will usually go up a notch. But it’s the winning that is getting the buzz, it’s the winning that got 6000+ people buying tickets over Christmas, not that they’ve heard we are knocking it about well.

This sort of thing used to happen all the time in the Premiership, I used to hate them swines keep moving our fixtures all over the place.

Just one of many things I hated about the Premiership. 

Edited by Gav

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The price of success, ay!

Oh and that West Brom move will totally feck up all those who will have been booking trains…

Bloody typical. My wife and daughter-in-law have a course on 12/2 in Cradley Heath, which was perfect for my son and I going to the Hawthorns just down the road.........

All those Sky games is probably the kiss of death to our form as well.

Edited by only2garners
Addition