BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

Have to say I'm a perfect example of why this bundle doesn't work for me. No interest in a 1230 kiçk off against QPR to accommodate sky añd no interest in going in the darwen end sparsely populated we have tickets for the 3pm kick off with Millwall

• Like 2

Its a strange one with me as i can't make the millwall game but i can make the QPR

I very nearly didn't buy a ticket for QPR though as i didn't like the thought of paying £20 for 1 game when i could've got 2 for £25

I came round in the end though and bought it....but rovers should have just done cheap tickets for both

Edited by levi
  • Like 1

Historically the bundle idea never really works. £15 quid for adults everywhere in ground £3 consesions for the Bournemouth and Blackpool games. If Waggott wanted to be a bit shady to our Dorset friends for unsettling Rothwell could even charge them £25. Put them in upper tier. No sales in upper tier of Blackburn end so doesn't have to be reciprocal price for home fans.

Regarding sales for a playoff final, as a gesture free or very heavily subsidised coach travel would really help. 

• Like 4

I feel that what is generally forgotten, we are a football club first and foremost, BLACKBURN ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB. (yeh stating the bleeding obvious, I know, but perhaps forgotten in management thought processes!)

Whilst it's all very well and good trying various income streams aside of football, admirable in fact, they should focus first and foremost on supporters. Present, wavering and potential customers and once all has been done to maximise that, then look to other areas of revenue and NOT before.

Why this concept has not been grasped, god only knows! Perhaps it comes from the school of thought of appointing Owen Coyle as manager, it defies logic and understanding.

Communication and foresight is also dire.....proper engagement a must!

I'm frustrated, still determined and.....we're still third in the table!

COYB!!!

4 hours ago, 4000 HOLES said:

It's not difficult to count ticket sales in the e ticket part of the website if you know the capacity of each section. As of about an hour ago we had sold 634 in the Darwen end and 10840 in total in all the home ends. 

2 thousand walk ups plus Millwall plus any they might bus in for the BBE upper.

Might hit 13.5k 

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

2 thousand walk ups plus Millwall plus any they might bus in for the BBE upper.

Might hit 13.5k 

No one is being bussed in tomorrow.  The Ewood Express is, I believe, next running for the QPR game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

It would have been better at Xmas to have simply put tickets on sale in the 3 home stands for all remaining games right through to Bournemouth at the end of the season all at £20 a head.

Then push, promote, advertise the hell out of it.

I've never understood this obsession with leaving it until 3 weeks before a game before announcing prices and starting sales. I get it for the away club in terms of setting their allocation and sending them their tickets and them having a sales period but at home at Ewood we know we can work on the Riverside, JW and BBE and try and get them filled.

It's so simple that the only explanation for not doing that is either gross incompetence or deliberate sabotage. 

Neither is acceptable. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It's so simple that the only explanation for not doing that is either gross incompetence or deliberate sabotage. 

Neither is acceptable. 

Sabotage, really?

No idea why the club have overcomplicated it and pushed out a bundle instead of a significantly reduced priced one off game. 700-800 fans would be far better placed filling the gaps elsewhere in the stadium rather than alone in the Darwen End.

On the other hand, regardless of the bundle, adult tickets are £20, The game is at 3pm, we’re top 6 and it’s not televised. It’s clearly down to more than just the price.

Yes, the club could/should be doing more but the brutal truth is that we just don’t have the fanbase to get more than 13-14k home fans at Ewood these days (unless it’s a promotion party piss up on a bank holiday with massively reduced tickets). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No arguments there, with only 8k ST holders, you just aren’t getting more than said 13k/14k for standard games, even when sitting 3rd.

And that would be 10/11k if the team was in 12th-17th.

This isn’t aimed at you MB, I don’t understand the obsession with having everything on sale months before - I mean I can’t empathise because I’ve had an ST for nearly 30 years, but why is 9 days not enough time before a game to buy a ticket?

It would be 10k otherwise yes, as we were seeing for weekend games pre Sheff Utd and the charge up the table, so that’s why I’m not particularly vexed with the crowds this season, they have improved markedly in recent months, but obviously from such a low base they still don’t exactly look anything to write home about. 

For me it is all about next season and ensuring that those that have re-acquainted themselves with Ewood over the last three months are firmly back in the tent whatever division we end up in.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

And that would be 10/11k if the team was in 12th-17th.

This isn’t aimed at you MB, I don’t understand the obsession with having everything on sale months before - I mean I can’t empathise because I’ve had an ST for nearly 30 years, but why is 9 days not enough time before a game to buy a ticket?

Speaking of which Bolton (mid table League One) have just announced they have passed 4000 season ticket sales for next year. Adult prices start at £219 under their early bird scheme.

Generally speaking in life the larger the sales window the more people are likely to buy. Limit to a short window and people might not be able or willing to find the cash.

I'm sure people will be along to tell me Waggott is right for leaving season tickets until June when everyone is off on holiday spending their money elsewhere but Bolton prove there is merit in getting them on sale now.

Why wait until we've potentially missed promotion and have another underwhelming summer? Is it not better to get peoples cash now whilst they are enjoying it?

Today there may be 5000 home non season ticket holders in attendance. I'd like those people to get season tickets. 

• Like 2

Would it make a difference here? Impossible to say. I suppose.

However, the question to ask is why do the vast majority of clubs have STs on sale way before we usually get round to it well into the the close season if there was no benefit to those clubs?

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Speaking of which Bolton (mid table League One) have just announced they have passed 4000 season ticket sales for next year. Adult prices start at £219 under their early bird scheme.

Generally speaking in life the larger the sales window the more people are likely to buy. Limit to a short window and people might not be able or willing to find the cash.

I'm sure people will be along to tell me Waggott is right for leaving season tickets until June when everyone is off on holiday spending their money elsewhere but Bolton prove there is merit in getting them on sale now.

Why wait until we've potentially missed promotion and have another underwhelming summer? Is it not better to get peoples cash now whilst they are enjoying it?

Today there may be 5000 home non season ticket holders in attendance. I'd like those people to get season tickets. 

Give over. Your constant mission to slag off Rovers is making you miss the bleeding obvious. If Bolton need to be selling 4000 Season Tickets by the middle of February, their cash flow is utterly f*cked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Give over. Your constant mission to slag off Rovers is making you miss the bleeding obvious. If Bolton need to be selling 4000 Season Tickets by the middle of February, their cash flow is utterly f*cked.

Not sure ours would be that much better if we are being honest.