BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

With no ST holders in there to swell the numbers from, and no discounted tickets that would attract a fan to pick there over the usual part of the ground they choose. How many are they actually expecting to suddenly rock up in the DEnd at £25 for a run of the mill game?

If there’s more than 250 I’d be amazed. Absolute amateur hour down there.

I did notice in the original article when the Blackpool tickets went on sale that they stated the Darwen End would be open to home fans, so to be fair they didn't just announce it yesterday.

It certainly wasn't clear though as it was just a throw away line at the bottom of the article.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

With no ST holders in there to swell the numbers from, and no discounted tickets that would attract a fan to pick there over the usual part of the ground they choose. How many are they actually expecting to suddenly rock up in the DEnd at £25 for a run of the mill game?

Clueless doesn't cover it !

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

250 sounds a good number for a price in order to sell 10/11k season tickets.

Ewood are you listening ?

No need to piss about changing prices every week next season, get most in in one hit please.

• Like 1

Just waiting for us to drop out of the promotion picture altogether and then they can try selling expensive season tickets to a demoralised fanbase right around the time Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan leave and they announce Mowbray's new deal then wonder why sales are poor.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Just waiting for us to drop out of the promotion picture altogether and then they can try selling expensive season tickets to a demoralised fanbase right around the time Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan leave and they announce Mowbray's new deal then wonder why sales are poor.

The thing is, the sales of season tickets will probably be about the same. So, the powers that be will not wonder about anything, in fact they will give each other a pat on the back.

Edited by rigger

On 23/03/2022 at 18:28, 1864roverite said:

Re season ticket sales for next season - I understand that the club are hoping to release details and get sales going in April.

I hope we do released them in April time and I can get its all sorted before the summer and paid for the season ticket. 

On another point, I was talking to 2 Blackpool fans at work on Thursday who told me that the Rovers tickets aren't even available to buy yet given that its only 2 weeks away. Which I thought was strange. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope we do released them in April time and I can get its all sorted before the summer and paid for the season ticket. 

On another point, I was talking to 2 Blackpool fans at work on Thursday who told me that the Rovers tickets aren't even available to buy yet given that its only 2 weeks away. Which I thought was strange. 

Release in April, in the hope people buy them, before it is announced that Mowbray is staying, and a few of our up and coming players are leaving. Maybe I am just being cynical.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Release in April, in the hope people buy them, before it is announced that Mowbray is staying, and a few of our up and coming players are leaving. Maybe I am just being cynical.

My decision to renew will not depend who is the manager seat or which players stay or not. I support the club and I will always renew my season ticket. Nothing beats being at Ewood Park on a match day for me. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My decision to renew will not depend who is the manager seat or which players stay or not. I support the club and I will always renew my season ticket. Nothing beats being at Ewood Park on a match day for me. 

What happens if you can't afford to renew? At the rate Waggott has increased prices I think a lot will be reaching that point, if they aren't already there. One of the most expensive season tickets in the league and for what? 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And my decision does depend on who is in the managers seat. We are both right in our own minds. I do not expect you to agree with me, the same as I don't agree with your thoughts. Personally I now prefer away matches, above going to Ewood.  

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

What happens if you can't afford to renew? At the rate Waggott has increased prices I think a lot will be reaching that point, if they aren't already there. One of the most expensive season tickets in the league and for what? 

Attending Rovers games and being a Rovers season ticket holder is my main social activity with my best friend now. 

For what? for supporting the club that I have support all my live and will do through the good, the bad and the ugly times. 

53 minutes ago, rigger said:

And my decision does depend on who is in the managers seat. We are both right in our own minds. I do not expect you to agree with me, the same as I don't agree with your thoughts. Personally I now prefer away matches, above going to Ewood.  

I respect your point and for you being so honest on the forum even tho I disagree. 

I like doing away games but given that I work nights makes most away games unable to do sadly. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doesn't sound strange to me. Sounds par for the course for this total basket case of a club.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rigger said:

I don't think the people making these decisions aren't smart enough to be that cynical. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Attending Rovers games and being a Rovers season ticket holder is my main social activity with my best friend now. 

For what? for supporting the club that I have support all my live and will do through the good, the bad and the ugly times. 

You didn't answer my question. I appreciate that it is your main social activity. It's mine too.

But what happens if Waggott continues to increase prices by circa 15%+ each summer as he has done recently? 

My question "for what"? was more aimed at the Club than you. Why are our tickets, with the lowest demand to seats ratio in the League, and in one of the poorest areas with lowest running costs, so expensive when basic things like ground maintenance are neglected?

Why am I at risk of missing games due to postponements as a result of inadequate drainage/pitch condition?

I went to watch Accrington yesterday and in terms of foresight and generating money they are streets ahead of us. I spoke to several season ticket holders who have already bought season tickets for the 22-23 season in an early bird scheme, there was pre match entertainment in the fan zones which were well populated, all hospitality is sold out for the rest of the season in the terrific new sports bar and they were advertising a boxing event for this afternoon. It's just being creative and understanding what will bring in extra revenue and giving the fans what they want. There is a car park behind the away end and they ask for donations only to park there.

The game wasn't too good but it's eye opening to see what a small club can do but their big neighbours can't.

• Like 3

You didn't answer my question. I appreciate that it is your main social activity. It's mine too.

But what happens if Waggott continues to increase prices by circa 15%+ each summer as he has done recently? 

I said I would be renewing for next season to rigger in a previous post. 

I would still renew even if they went up by that amount. 

My question "for what"? was more aimed at the Club than you. Why are our tickets, with the lowest demand to seats ratio in the League, and in one of the poorest areas with lowest running costs, so expensive when basic things like ground maintenance are neglected?

Why am I at risk of missing games due to postponements as a result of inadequate drainage/pitch condition?

Those are questions you should be sending to Steve Waggott, Iain Slivester and Lynsey Talbot? Maybe the Rovers Fan Forum could ask those questions for you. 

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Doesn't sound strange to me. Sounds par for the course for this total basket case of a club.

Why would it be Rovers fault for Blackpool not putting tickets on sale yet?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said I would be renewing for next season to rigger in a previous post. 

I would still renew even if they went up by that amount. 

Those are questions you should be sending to Steve Waggott, Iain Slivester and Lynsey Talbot? Maybe the Rovers Fan Forum could ask those questions for you. 

Why would it be Rovers fault for Blackpool not putting tickets on sale yet?

I have no interest in what Waggott, Sylvester or Talbot have to say. I've seen and heard enough.

The game is at Ewood. Rovers set the prices and allocation. Rovers print the tickets and send them to Blackpool.

• Moderation Lead

With the cost of living increase a hot topic at the moment, I imagine attendances will continue to suffer next season if the pricing goes up a fair bit. As much as I don’t think the price should increase, my guess is that it will….

• Like 2

Waggott has already laid the groundwork for that one with his reference in the last Fans Forum to 'inflationary pressures' so I imagine he will point to the national inflation rate as justification to hike prices yet again.

Almost can't blame him really when it seems a majority of people online are still under the delusion that we are cheap and that Rovers have been effectively giving tickets away. With such rampant delusion embedded in the minds of so many with such little effort it is like taking candy from a baby.

A few have woken up to it now but a lot haven't and when they do they will simply stop going rather than kick up a fuss about it.

Just about the only thing Waggott has consistently delivered on in his time is an increase in prices across the board.

Proof will be in the pudding, he's demolished sales already and a miserable summer and further increase will only continue the trend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

With the cost of living increase a hot topic at the moment, I imagine attendances will continue to suffer next season if the pricing goes up a fair bit. As much as I don’t think the price should increase, my guess is that it will….

And I don't think the cost of living rises will be factored in by Waggott at all. Football will simply become too expensive for many and clubs like ours will need to be creative simply to keep their current season ticket holders. I spoke to a bloke at Accrington yesterday who, under their early bird scheme paid £179 for his senior ticket.

I know several Fan's Forum members and if Waggot t uses them as a yardstick he is sadly mistaken. The ones I know will go irrespective of cost as they are in a position to afford it. He needs to speak to fans who are on the bread line and ask them what it would take for them to buy tickets. I don't for one second believe he will though. The legacy of Covid will still be used as an excuse when explaining another downturn in season ticket sales.

• Like 4