BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Burnley in advanced talks with not only Orsic but also Wout Weghorst who has an excellent goal record in the Bundesliga.

It seems that Burnley are willing to go abroad following the success of the Cornet deal, and if they got those 2 they seemingly have very good calibre, Orsic really impressed me when I saw him v Spurs. Them 2, Cornet and McNeil could cause defences problems.

As much as I of course want Burnley to go down, therefore I hope if they do sign that they are failures, there would be a bit of pleasure if they came in and outperformed Wood at Newcastle.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley in advanced talks with not only Orsic but also Wout Weghorst who has an excellent goal record in the Bundesliga.

It seems that Burnley are willing to go abroad following the success of the Cornet deal, and if they got those 2 they seemingly have very good calibre, Orsic really impressed me when I saw him v Spurs. Them 2, Cornet and McNeil could cause defences problems.

As much as I of course want Burnley to go down, therefore I hope if they do sign that they are failures, there would be a bit of pleasure if they came in and outperformed Wood at Newcastle.

You’re not setting the barrier very high with Wood.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If these 2 deals come off I’d be happy, surprised but happy. I’d argue we’ve at least matched Wood and arguably improved. Orsic would addpace and skill - and Dyche ‘could’ try a different tactical set up - and of course if we survive at the expense of Wood and his new team all the better.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’re not setting the barrier very high with Wood.

Not sure how much you’ve seen of Wood the last few years but he’s got double figures each season in a team that notoriously doesn’t create a lot. He has been largely poor for a year though, a purple patch at the start of 2021 aside.

I read yesterday that the Premier League has instituted new rules for asking for games to be called off due to Covid.

"From now on, if a club applies to postpone a match on the grounds of insufficient players due to COVID-19, they must have a minimum of FOUR positive cases within their squad."

With omicron seemingly on its way out will it matter?

The Prem also said that fans won't need Covid passes to go to games anymore. Has the EFL done the same?

15 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I read yesterday that the Premier League has instituted new rules for asking for games to be called off due to Covid.

"From now on, if a club applies to postpone a match on the grounds of insufficient players due to COVID-19, they must have a minimum of FOUR positive cases within their squad."

With omicron seemingly on its way out will it matter?

The Prem also said that fans won't need Covid passes to go to games anymore. Has the EFL done the same?

If you listen carefully I think you’ll hear the sound of a stable door slamming.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

If these 2 deals come off I’d be happy, surprised but happy. I’d argue we’ve at least matched Wood and arguably improved. Orsic would addpace and skill - and Dyche ‘could’ try a different tactical set up - and of course if we survive at the expense of Wood and his new team all the better.

Not sure how much you’ve seen of Wood the last few years but he’s got double figures each season in a team that notoriously doesn’t create a lot. He has been largely poor for a year though, a purple patch at the start of 2021 aside.

Is the end of January the right time for a different tactical set up when most of your players have been used to the way Dyche has played for several years? If he does change it's going to be an interesting few months for you.

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

Is the end of January the right time for a different tactical set up when most of your players have been used to the way Dyche has played for several years? If he does change it's going to be an interesting few months for you.

I was thinking more a tweak, but I take your point. I guess we first need to actually sign the players because right now we are weaker than we were on Jan 1st. So whilst it is always exciting being linked with new players we so often seem to fail to get deals over the line.

• Like 1

Sorry, i know this is probably not the place! But I've just seen and heard the news, photos and audio footage of Mason Greenwood 😡 About as damming as it  can get! Unless in the very unlikely instance the evidence turns out to be faked, I truly hope he never steps foot on a pitch again. What an absolutely filthy disgusting boy.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

It seems incredibly unlikely that it’s been fabricated or the recording of Greenwood is fake, as I couldn’t tell you what he sounds like.

Obviously, that’s a possibility, but I’d say a very slim one indeed.

But, if you’d been accused of the things he’s been accused of, surely, you’d have denied it by now and sought to clear your name? The silence from him so far has been deafening.

• Like 5

Just now, K-Hod said:

It seems unlikely that it’s been fabricated or the recording of Greenwood is fake, as I couldn’t tell you what he sounds like.

But, if you’d been accused of the things he’s been accused of, surely, you’d have denied it by now and sought to clear your name? The silence from him so far has been deafening.

He’s been arrested already by all accounts. Entitled, disgusting little boy.

• Like 2

The sad thing is i doubt it's really a one of, so many young footballers seem to share the same horrid mentality, hopefully if anything good comes out of this it will be that it shows to other young players that this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable no matter who you are or what you do for a living (not that it should need showing!) 

You really do have to ask what goes on behind the scenes in football Accedmys that creates an environment where these stupid boys think this is remotely acceptable 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

• Backroom
56 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

... Entitled, ...

Exactly the word that came to my mind.

They think they can have whatever they want, whenever they want it.

Hopefully they'll make an example of him with a heavy sentence, send a message to the next few generations of multi millionaire teenage footballers. 

• Like 5