BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Their downgrade in managerial expectations has been entertaining to watch 

I think Newcastle owners and management totally misjudged the situation by thinking money could get them a top manager. 

Not sure Howe is the right manager for this situation But I am very surprised how slow they have been in appointing a CEO, Sporting Director and head coach

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Howe left Burnley because his wife didn't like living "up nawf" - how's she going to cope with the delights of Wallsend? 

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

£££££££

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

are they still together?

There were a few stories at the time. One thing that was certain is he lost his mum and that was hard for him. 

As ever in football other kinds of rumours are never far from the surface - don’t know if they were true or not but he and his family never really settled up North. Maybe he’s in a different place personally now and it could work 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

There were a few stories at the time. One thing that was certain is he lost his mum and that was hard for him. 

As ever in football other kinds of rumours are never far from the surface - don’t know if they were true or not but he and his family never really settled up North. Maybe he’s in a different place personally now and it could work 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think he’s the answer to the Newcastle situation. Having said that I couldn’t tell you who is that’s likely to go there.

• Like 1

For me, Newcastle needs to done in stages. Firstly a half decent manager to keep them up, then stabilise them. No doubt they’ll then jettison that guy and throw money at some foreign manager/coach to try and elevate them to a Man City or Chelsea.

Trouble is, there are now several PL clubs owned by multi billionaires who are more than prepared to splash the cash and, as each year goes by, that number is increasing.

Chelsea, the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Aston Villa. Not sure of the wealth behind Leicester, Wolves and Everton but they could well be in the ‘billions’ bracket as well. And now Newcastle. It just needs another two or three take overs at this sort of level and there will then be around 14 clubs in the PL who will probably never be relegated because of the money behind them. The remaining 6 clubs will end up as ‘yo yo’ clubs between the PL and the Championship. The likes of Palace, Southampton, Watford etc. Virtually a closed shop.

Anyway, let’s hope it takes Newcastle years or better still goes t!ts up. Unfortunately, it won’t.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot
Mis-spelling

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Newcastle owners and management totally misjudged the situation by thinking money could get them a top manager. 

Not sure Howe is the right manager for this situation But I am very surprised how slow they have been in appointing a CEO, Sporting Director and head coach

They have literally just taken over, we are far slower to get anything done, if it happens at all and the owners are here 10 years! 

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They have literally just taken over, we are far slower to get anything done, if it happens at all and the owners are here 10 years! 

We aren't talking Rovers tho. 

I would have thought they would be talking to football experience people during the takeover

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I am talking about Newcastle not Rovers

Ya, well amazingly Rovers can come into that conversation. You said you are shocked Newcastle haven't done X and Y, I pointed out we have billionaire owners here over 10 years who still haven't done x, y and z. So I just don't get why you would be shocked about Newcastle. Granted their owners will no doubt turn out better that ours eventually. 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, well amazingly Rovers can come into that conversation. You said you are shocked Newcastle haven't done X and Y, I pointed out we have billionaire owners here over 10 years who still haven't done x, y and z. So I just don't get why you would be shocked about Newcastle. Granted their owners will no doubt turn out better that ours eventually. 

who knows how the Newcastle owners will do there. They need to stay up first. 

Given that the owners have been trying the club for ages you would have thoughts they would have people line up for key positions at the club.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows how the Newcastle owners will do there. They need to stay up first. 

Given that the owners have been trying the club for ages you would have thoughts they would have people line up for key positions at the club.

I suppose talk is cheap. It seems a few got cold feet or better options came up. At the end of the day, they are a serious relegation risk I think. Probably won't be easy to get top players either in January. They will have relegation release clauses anyway 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I suppose talk is cheap. It seems a few got cold feet or better options came up. At the end of the day, they are a serious relegation risk I think. Probably won't be easy to get top players either in January. They will have relegation release clauses anyway 

They chased the wrong managerial targets like Conte or Xavi. They need to be realistic and same in January with transfer targets, If I was Howe I would be targeting Tarwoski, Lingard, Ramsey for example

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They chased the wrong managerial targets like Conte or Xavi. They need to be realistic and same in January with transfer targets, If I was Howe I would be targeting Tarwoski, Lingard, Ramsey for example

All difficult deals still for them I think. They have a job to stay up and need a lot of players 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did they chase Conte and Xavi? They chased Emery who turned them down.

Not sure why Aaron Ramsey would join Newcastle either. They are at huge risk of going down and I cant imagine him playing in the Championship, especially if his wages would be cut in such a situation. He reportedly joined Juventus on 400k a week so money alone wont attract him.

Lingard again would be best advised to turn down any potential offer. He is far too good to play for a potential Championship club and if he sits on his contract for half a season more, he would be a very appealing free agent to teams towards the top, never mind the bottom, a West Ham return being the obvious one. And even again in the last 6 months of his deal, Burnley would be mad to sell Tarkowski to a potential relegation rival.

It could be a difficult window even with a massive budget, convincing good players to join a relegation dogfight with a big chance of Championship football next season and under an uninspiring manager.

• Like 1