BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Simeone leave Atletico Madrid or Allegri leave Juventus for United? 

I think Pochettino is the obvious choice for United for Solskjaer at the end of the season. 

I fully understand the size of United thanks roversfan99 

No I don't think Solskjaer is a poor manager at all. One of the reasons he moved to back 3 was how easy Liverpool ripped them apart in that game. 

Sancho was signed cos he wanted to 4-2-3-1 formation but things and circumstances changed. Plus Ronaldo only came available from Juventus after he asked to leave days before he moved to Old Trafford

Bielsa? give over. Hardly pulling up trees at Leeds and you clearly don't understand the Manchester United Leeds United rivalry either. 

well since I mention 2 names not just Kahn but of Beckenbauer who was Bayern for a short term and national manager for 6 years. But you choose to overlook him tho. Kahn is a Bayern legend and in a very important role in the club but it doesn't effected Bayern at all. If anything they have young talent manager in Nagelsmann who doesn't look affect by working for one of the world biggest clubs or having Kahn or Beckenbauer around the club. 

You dont think that Solskjaer is a poor manager? Wow! Everytime they play a good team they get swatted away and cant even compete, which considering their squad and the money spent is not good enough.

Because even compared to those 2 clubs, United are I would suggest quite possibly bigger, certainly more wealthy. Solskjaer hasnt been able to get a consistent tune out of a number of expensively assembled players but other managers will surely fancy a bit of that.

Not sure why Pochettino has quite the reputation that

Bielsa was a bit of a throwaway suggestion but I dont think hed be able to turn United down. Leeds are not in the same ball park as United and have an unholy amount of injuries but he has done such a good job there, it was purely as a short term suggestion assuming that the various European managers wouldnt join yet of which there is no evidence and in my own absence of a serious in depth knowledge of potential other candidates across the world.

Solskjaer is an inept loser but im sure wed agree that wed like them to "continue to struggle!

Nagelsmann is a top manager but the situation isnt the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You dont think that Solskjaer is a poor manager? Wow! Everytime they play a good team they get swatted away and cant even compete, which considering their squad and the money spent is not good enough

Man City and Liverpool battered United and they deserved to win but instead of looking at Solskjaer why not look at the players and their performances?

The 3 defeats they have recently one key player have missed that in Varane. 

Also i wouldn't have signed Ronaldo at all either. Wasn't the player they need at all. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because even compared to those 2 clubs, United are I would suggest quite possibly bigger, certainly more wealthy. Solskjaer hasnt been able to get a consistent tune out of a number of expensively assembled players but other managers will surely fancy a bit of that.

I wouldn't say United are bigger than Juventus at all. 

Give Solskjaer with this squad and see where they finish. They finished second last season. 

Not sure why Pochettino has quite the reputation that

Did an excellent job at Spurs, Southampton and Espanyol and how he transformed his club fortunes and the football he played there was impressive

Nagelsmann is a top manager but the situation isnt the same. 

2 massive German and Bayern legends at the club and have/are running the club is very similar

Solskjaer is an inept loser but im sure wed agree that wed like them to "continue to struggle!

Manchester United winning or losing doesn't affect me at all. Clear its affect you alot

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Man City and Liverpool battered United and they deserved to win but instead of looking at Solskjaer why not look at the players and their performances?

What an incredibly naive and ignorant way to remove any responsibility towards a manager. I presume when we lost 7 nil and Mowbray was understandably on the chopping block that you just solely blamed the players for that too?

They despite more than long enough in the job are so reliant on individual brilliance to win them games because they are far from well drilled or disciplined. With the players they have and the money spent they should at least be competitive with the other big teams but they arent.

You look at Chelsea, Abramovic again made a strong decision to bring in a top class manager and he has Chelsea playing a specific style and is getting the best from them in much less time. If you dont think that a good manager could get much more from an underperforming set of talented players then we clearly dont watch the same sport.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What an incredibly naive and ignorant way to remove any responsibility towards a manager. I presume when we lost 7 nil and Mowbray was understandably on the chopping block that you just solely blamed the players for that too?

I blame both actually for such a pathetic performance and I wanted an apology for that performance from Mowbray, players and the club.

So you want to not blame the players for any performance at all then whether its good and bad. Ok I remember that for next time then then its all down to the manager/head coach

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You look at Chelsea, Abramovic again made a strong decision to bring in a top class manager and he has Chelsea playing a specific style and is getting the best from them in much less time. If you dont think that a good manager could get much more from an underperforming set of talented players then we clearly dont watch the same sport.

Marina Granovskaia was the mastermind behind the move for Thomas Tuchel I believe 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

They despite more than long enough in the job are so reliant on individual brilliance to win them games because they are far from well drilled or disciplined. With the players they have and the money spent they should at least be competitive with the other big teams but they arent.

Absolutely correct.

Excluding Solskjaer, I will add that they also won't win anything until they get a high calibre central midfield player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've looked and it's the manager who's not good enough

Also i wouldn't have signed Ronaldo at all either. Wasn't the player they need at all. 

He's their best player and been a huge success since he returned 

I wouldn't say United are bigger than Juventus at all. 

You wouldn't but the stock market value of Juventus is about $1.1bn and Manchester United $2.7bn

Guess which is right?

You don't half post some ill-formed tripe

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He's their best player and been a huge success since he returned 

It's a position that didn't need a signing but a quality defense midfielder was. 

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You wouldn't but the stock market value of Juventus is about $1.1bn and Manchester United $2.7bn

Guess which is right?

You don't half post some ill-formed tripe

Who cares about the stock market unless you have shares in them. 

Looks focus on the football of the clubs 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Again he wouldn't be someone that I would personally choose but Brendan Rodgers would be a gigantic improvement on the inept Solskjaer and if it came to it, I'm sure that he would move as soon as possible.

I wouldn't go to United as he is likely to be Pep Guardiola's replacement in a couple of seasons a according to what I read a couple of weeks ago

Would never be appoint by United. His Liverpool connections would be problem for most United fans. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's a position that didn't need a signing but a quality defense midfielder was. 

Irrelevant. It's the manager not the players.

Any club in the world would want Ronaldo in their side

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares about the stock market unless you have shares in them. 

Looks focus on the football of the clubs 

FYI the stock market shows the value of the club...it means Manchester United is worth more than twice that of Juventus

United have higher turnover, bigger home gates  and twice as many fans around the world

By any metric, United is a MUCH BIGGER club than Juventus

WTF does "Looks focus on the football of the clubs" mean? It's not English

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't go to United as he is likely to be Pep Guardiola's replacement in a couple of seasons a according to what I read a couple of weeks ago

Would never be appoint by United. His Liverpool connections would be problem for most United fans. 

Would he really reject the United job on the off chance that he gets the City job (far from certain) when Pep has had enough? 

I think they would overlook them if it meant considerably better results. Either way, such petty reasons should not be sculpting the planning of a football club.

We have a similar situation here, Dyche is a far better manager than Mowbray and he is Burnley manager now, would most Rovers fans welcome him? I reckon so and I certainly would.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would he really reject the United job on the off chance that he gets the City job (far from certain) when Pep has had enough? 

Well hasn't Pep already said when he will walk away from City? 

Who said they even offer him the job given his Liverpool connections which you have ignore and overlooking this rivalry again. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have a similar situation here, Dyche is a far better manager than Mowbray and he is Burnley manager now, would most Rovers fans welcome him? I reckon so and I certainly would.

You reckon so? I might do a poll on it. 

13 minutes ago, Butty said:

Save the Poll. Of course we’d all take Dyche, the guys a top manager, the job he’s done with that lot is exceptional and if he rocked up here tomorrow I wouldn’t give two shits about his Burnley connection. 

Well I wouldn't as I said previously. Also know other fans who wouldn't accept him here

Edited by chaddyrovers

I've not seen enough of Man U to be sure but it did seem as if the arrival of Ronaldo coincided with the downwards form of other players like Greenwood, that were doing excellently at the start. I wonder if the stories are true and the team has shifted psychologically into more of a one-man team and suffered as a result. I was very surprised to see Ronaldo beaming after a recent late goal to save the team in Europe, I think, against Atalanta. To my mind, his happiness was a possible signal that personal plaudits might be more important than team achievement. (Perhaps, the reality of his career drawing to a close is a factor) A draw against Atalanta, whatever the circumstances, is poor form for Man U. I'm speculating, of course, and Ronaldo has helped carry Portugal effectively, so I don't doubt he can lift a team.

All that being said, Man U had problems last season, before Ronaldo, so I wouldn't pin every thing on him, especially, the long-term issues. I still go back to Man U getting rid of Ighalo and Lukaku who were effective if not elegant. I believe, Man U put aesthetics and brand image above results in getting rid of those two and now find themselves struggling to find a back up striker, given that Cavani is quite injury prone.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If United didnt have Ronaldo and his constant late goals then they really would be in the shit to be fair. 

23 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I've not seen enough of Man U to be sure but it did seem as if the arrival of Ronaldo coincided with the downwards form of other players like Greenwood, that were doing excellently at the start. I wonder if the stories are true and the team has shifted psychologically into more of a one-man team and suffered as a result. I was very surprised to see Ronaldo beaming after a recent late goal to save the team in Europe, I think, against Atalanta. To my mind, his happiness was a possible signal that personal plaudits might be more important than team achievement. (Perhaps, the reality of his career drawing to a close is a factor) A draw against Atalanta, whatever the circumstances, is poor form for Man U. I'm speculating, of course, and Ronaldo has helped carry Portugal effectively, so I don't doubt he can lift a team.

All that being said, Man U had problems last season, before Ronaldo, so I wouldn't pin every thing on him, especially, the long-term issues. I still go back to Man U getting rid of Ighalo and Lukaku who were effective if not elegant. I believe, Man U put aesthetics and brand image above results in getting rid of those two and now find themselves struggling to find a back up striker, given that Cavani is quite injury prone.

For me watching United there biggest problem is centre midfield, if they had a Kante in there they’d be miles better. Fred is atrocious, Mctominay I don’t think is a top player, Matic is on his last legs and Pogba is talented of course but his form for United compared to France is mental.

Greenwood, Fernandes and Rashford don’t do the dirty work either which leaves those average Centre mids even more exposed as well as Ronaldo not being able to press from the front. Maguire I don’t feel is a top top centre half and Varane has never convinced me either, they’ve spent so much money over the last few years and yet they are still miles off City Liverpool and Chelsea.  Also, if you think Nyambe’s final ball is poor don’t hurt your eyes by watching Aaron Wan Bissaka trying to cross one in. Ole isn’t good enough but if a new man came in tomorrow I still don’t think they’d be pulling up any trees, not with the current bunch of players anyway. 

• Like 3