BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am stakeholder in the club just like other Blackburn Rovers supporters out there

But your original point was about Dyche coming here(which will never happen btw) and every Rovers Supporter would welcome it but is untrue. 

I agree it would be massively untrue if I’d made that point, but I didn’t.

19 hours ago, booth said:

It's a case of swallow your pride to save your club.

As longsiders said in relation to the Newcastle manager search it will also weaken Burnley. A a win win.

Rovers had that clown Coyle in charge. I'm sure that a few Rovers fans didn't want him because he used to manage Burnley but the vast majority didn't want him because he wasn't good enough, and so it was proven. 

To digress a little. I listened to the undr the cosh with Ben Marshall. His stories of Coyle loving finishing practice at training was quite funny.

• Like 1

Lampard to Norwich is a puzzler. He got the boot at Chelsea because he couldn't organise a defence. Priority number 1 at Norwich is to do exactly that. 

Gerrard to Villa is a gamble (aren't they all though?). I have no idea what he is like as a manager.

John Terry left Villa in the summer to fine tune his skills with a view to management. I wonder what his thoughts are today?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

As longsiders said in relation to the Newcastle manager search it will also weaken Burnley. A a win win.

Rovers had that clown Coyle in charge. I'm sure that a few Rovers fans didn't want him because he used to manage Burnley but the vast majority didn't want him because he wasn't good enough, and so it was proven. 

To digress a little. I listened to the undr the cosh with Ben Marshall. His stories of Coyle loving finishing practice at training was quite funny.

I didn’t want Coyle because he’d been a failure at every job he’d had since leaving the dingles. It was an unbelievable appointment that caused me to temporarily throw in the towel.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yes, because it's a stupid thing to not want a manager who (on a shoestring) got his club promoted (twice) and has since kept them up. He has a record that stands up with the likes of Allardyce for staying up.

Each fan has the opinions on different football managers so I think you need to respect different opinions

6 hours ago, rigger said:

I wonder if Rothwell will now be staying ?

I wonder if Rothwell will now be staying ?

Mention this yesterday that its strengthen our case for Rothwell to stay here 

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I could understand any fan struggling with his connections to us BUT in the English game today he’s as close as you’d get to an assured promotion and on a modest budget.

if the objection is ‘style of football’ then I’d suggest you ask any Burnley fan about the 23 undefeated season. Accepting as we must we are never going to out football Man City for 90 minutes we play some exciting football in short bursts. Still every fan has a right to their view and I hear the odd Burnley fan gripping now and then.

No manager can guarantee you promotion 

His Burnley connections are a problem, his tactics, lack of Plan B for me. 

I don't see him ever coming here as manager so all of this is pointless for me. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Each fan has the opinions on different football managers so I think you need to respect different opinions

Dyche has a plan A and every player understands it. Mowbray has a plan Z, that none of the players understand. I would take Dyche over Mowbray in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy stop pretending everything Is some sort of moral crusade. I respect everyone's right to have an opinion. That does not mean I have to respect the opinion itself.

I respect any opinion that holds up to scrutiny. An opinion that Dyche wouldn't be a suitable manager for us is not one of those opinions.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Lampard to Norwich is a puzzler. He got the boot at Chelsea because he couldn't organise a defence. Priority number 1 at Norwich is to do exactly that. 

Gerrard to Villa is a gamble (aren't they all though?). I have no idea what he is like as a manager.

John Terry left Villa in the summer to fine tune his skills with a view to management. I wonder what his thoughts are today?

Next job for Lamprd is a big one (for him) he wasn't at either Derby or Chelsea for very long and his team's have always been prone to conceding goals.

Norwich would be a risky move as I doubt he'd keep them up, would Norwich be willing to grant him the time for a promotion push if they did go down? 

Gerrard to Villa is definitely a gamble but at least managed 3 years at Rangers, winning the league and going unbeaten etc. The caveat being, it's the SPL with a Celtic team on the slide.

Even so, I suspect that Gerrard will have more success at Villa than Lampard will at Norwich (or wherever his next job is)

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Absolutely no one can guarantee it - but I’d back him with any reasonably financed club.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Dyche has a plan A and every player understands it. Mowbray has a plan Z, that none of the players understand. I would take Dyche over Mowbray in a heartbeat.

Largely true - yet in a game recently we played 3 different systems and at the moment his preferred system seems to be 4-4-1-1. But every player knows his role and they all know one of Dyches mantras- ‘maximum effort is the minimum requirement’

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Next job for Lamprd is a big one (for him) he wasn't at either Derby or Chelsea for very long and his team's have always been prone to conceding goals.

Norwich would be a risky move as I doubt he'd keep them up, would Norwich be willing to grant him the time for a promotion push if they did go down? 

Gerrard to Villa is definitely a gamble but at least managed 3 years at Rangers, winning the league and going unbeaten etc. The caveat being, it's the SPL with a Celtic team on the slide.

Even so, I suspect that Gerrard will have more success at Villa than Lampard will at Norwich (or wherever his next job is)

The one thing Steve Gerrard did do at Rangers was tighten up what was previously a very leaky defence. His coach Micheal Beale was instrumental in that as I understand it. He has also gone to Villa so it will be interesting to see how that management/coaching team gets on in the prem.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Chaddy stop pretending everything Is some sort of moral crusade. I respect everyone's right to have an opinion. That does not mean I have to respect the opinion itself.

I respect any opinion that holds up to scrutiny. An opinion that Dyche wouldn't be a suitable manager for us is not one of those opinions.

Dyche ain't coming here in a month of Sundays anyway either. 

Me and plenty of other Rovers manager wouldn't want him here. 

12 hours ago, rigger said:

No one mention Mowbray in the discuss tho apart from you Rigger. 

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I think Lampard can sort out the defence there and build on the squad there. Plus they have good owners there and proper football management structure there. 

I think he can keep them up. 

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I think Gerrard has chosen a club thats suit him. He knows the CEO from Liverpool time. Good squad there. 

He is taking his coaching staff from Rangers with him. 

• Moderation Lead

Lampard didn’t sort the defence out at Chelsea and it cost him his job in the end.

That same defence won the Champions League a few months later.

Norwich are seemingly planning to trust him with fixing a massively inferior defence that is shipping goals for fun. 
Strange old logic from Norwich tbh.

• Like 3

Gerrard to Villa I think is a decent move for him. Little chance of going down, massive scope to improve and not unrealistic expectations from fans? (May be wrong) 

Lampard to Norwhich on the other hand? Why would you put a guaranteed relegation on your CV? 

I'm not sure what they think Lampard brings to the party. An organised defence? Getting the best out of his players? Getting teams punching above their weight? All of these are needed none of these he has achieved. 

As for Gerrard, I'll be honest. I'm not yet that convinced by him. Villa is a solid/safe move for him. They won't go down and he can learn about PL management there fairly safely, but is he that good. No cups in a 2 team league, only 1 league win, albeit an impressive one, in a 2 team league. A few decent European ventures to be fair are also a credit, but it's hardly an exceptional job. Given the resources at his disposal and the state of the league, it's not that big an achievement. Also had it not been the 10th title he was stopping would it be considered less of a triumph? 

I'm not saying he will be a bad manager but I don't think he has done enough to prove to me yet that he is a good manager. A decent spell at Villa would strengthen the argument he is a good manager, but as yet I don't think that can be said. 

All of that said he has potential, he has achieved something and he has done a solid job - which is streets ahead of Lampard. 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

An organised defence? Getting the best out of his players? Getting teams punching above their weight? All of these are needed none of these he has achieved.

Is this one not a bit harsh? Qualified for the champions league with a youth team. 

There's key players of that Chelsea squad who'd be nothing without Frank, Mount and James for starters. Got Tammy banging them as well before he dropped off under the new manager 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche ain't coming here in a month of Sundays anyway either. 

Me and plenty of other Rovers manager wouldn't want him here. 

No one mention Mowbray in the discuss tho apart from you Rigger. 

But the discussion was about Dyche coming to the Rovers. For that to even be a possability the managerial possition would have to be open. Ergo Mowbray is an intrinsic part of the discussion.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

But the discussion was about Dyche coming to the Rovers. For that to even be a possability the managerial possition would have to be open. Ergo Mowbray is an intrinsic part of the discussion.

Dyche isn't coming here in a month of Sundays at all. Dyche is at the biggest club he will manage imo. 

Already said who I want replace Mowbray. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I'm not sure what they think Lampard brings to the party. An organised defence? Getting the best out of his players? Getting teams punching above their weight? All of these are needed none of these he has achieved. 

As for Gerrard, I'll be honest. I'm not yet that convinced by him. Villa is a solid/safe move for him. They won't go down and he can learn about PL management there fairly safely, but is he that good. No cups in a 2 team league, only 1 league win, albeit an impressive one, in a 2 team league. A few decent European ventures to be fair are also a credit, but it's hardly an exceptional job. Given the resources at his disposal and the state of the league, it's not that big an achievement. Also had it not been the 10th title he was stopping would it be considered less of a triumph? 

I'm not saying he will be a bad manager but I don't think he has done enough to prove to me yet that he is a good manager. A decent spell at Villa would strengthen the argument he is a good manager, but as yet I don't think that can be said. 

All of that said he has potential, he has achieved something and he has done a solid job - which is streets ahead of Lampard. 

Celtic were miles ahead for ages and he not only narrowed that gap, but he overtook them, which was no mean feat!

Granted, he’s a lot more to prove as a manage and I do think this job has probably come around a bit too soon tbh.

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Is this one not a bit harsh? Qualified for the champions league with a youth team. 

There's key players of that Chelsea squad who'd be nothing without Frank, Mount and James for starters. Got Tammy banging them as well before he dropped off under the new manager 

I very much doubt that those players "would be nothing" without Lampard.