BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly I said it the way several United supporters friends want their team to play by playing high press and on the front foot. Clearly you didn't read that bit.

If I was appoint United manager then I would play the best way to bring results even if that meant Ronaldo and Fernandes didn't play or had to drop for certain games.

Well, actually, you said this:

I have mention how several United supporters friends want them to play. 

Which makes no sense at all. 

On 20/11/2021 at 15:10, DeeCee said:

Burnley losing at home, Watford missed a retaken pen v Man ure

Sadly for you that isn't how it finished - it was also a great game, Palace have an excellent attack, luck for us they can't defend quite as well. Still bottom three though and a few results really didn't go how we would hope (Norwich, Watford, Villa) and we have what I'd imagine will be a rejuvinated Spurs up next Sunday. The relegation battle continues - as it likely will most of the season.

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Everyone keeps saying "Roanldo has saved them many times, imagine where they'd be without him" 

I think as good a player as he is, he was a bad signing from a footballing point of view. Ole had a way he wanted to play and Ronaldo doesn't fit into that. But Ronaldo has to  start every game and therefore you either have to play a player in a system that doesn't work for him or change the way you want to play. 

The arrival of Ronaldo probably upset the apple cart a little bit, imagine what cavani and sancho were thinking. Then there's the sulking after the first bad result which got magnified by the media and instantly there was a bad atmosphere around Ole . 

Did he? I have never seen signs of a style of play.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Sadly for you that isn't how it finished - it was also a great game, Palace have an excellent attack, luck for us they can't defend quite as well. Still bottom three though and a few results really didn't go how we would hope (Norwich, Watford, Villa) and we have what I'd imagine will be a rejuvinated Spurs up next Sunday. The relegation battle continues - as it likely will most of the season.

Curious to know what your expectations are this year in terms of beating the drop? Sounds like a couple of pretty good performances in the last handful of games, and a point away at Chelsea which showed the signs of a team ready to beat the drop. At the same time, still in the bottom three, smallish squad, vultures circling over a couple of key players and you'd expect a couple of the teams down there with you to improve over the season (Newcastle at least will spend a few quid). My money would be on Dyche just seeing you over the line, but not as confident as I would've been in previous years.

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Curious to know what your expectations are this year in terms of beating the drop? Sounds like a couple of pretty good performances in the last handful of games, and a point away at Chelsea which showed the signs of a team ready to beat the drop. At the same time, still in the bottom three, smallish squad, vultures circling over a couple of key players and you'd expect a couple of the teams down there with you to improve over the season (Newcastle at least will spend a few quid). My money would be on Dyche just seeing you over the line, but not as confident as I would've been in previous years.

I don't know about expectations, hope perhaps? We've played well last few games and showed we can get results - then again so have other teams. Dyche is a key factor and with him in charge we have a figting chance. I suspect all from Brentford down will be around the bottom three all season with Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Leeds or Brentford most like to be relegated. 3 of our next 6 games are against Newcastle, Watford and Villa and could prove decisive - we've also got Everton at home in that run so thats another possible. Newcastle's issues are defensively and we know from experience that is not Howe's strong point. Interested to see what Smith can do at Norwich but it feels to me they have the weakest squad in the league. Not sure on Bielsa & Leeds. Brentford look light and I can see them continuing to drop. 

So in summary - I really can't call it, we need to avoid getting cut adrift though which could happen quite quickly. I always look to see who are the three that will be weaker than us - right now that looks like being Norwich, Newcastle and ... and that is my worry, are we better than at least those 2 plus one of Leeds/Villa/Watford/Brentford.

• Like 3

On 21/11/2021 at 10:55, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well I thought that also but the daily papers were full of the City- Ronaldo talk.

Despite what Chaddy says he was going to City until Fergie stepped in and got United to sign him.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sir-alex-ferguson-ronaldo-transfer-21545506

United players falling over themselves today to admit it was their fault Ole got the sack.

Is there any more nauseating sight  than highly paid professionals who have just got their manager the sack by failing to perform over an extended period queuing up to self flagellate in the media once it's too late.

Do it on the bleeding pitch then! 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Everyone keeps saying "Roanldo has saved them many times, imagine where they'd be without him" 

I think as good a player as he is, he was a bad signing from a footballing point of view. Ole had a way he wanted to play and Ronaldo doesn't fit into that. But Ronaldo has to  start every game and therefore you either have to play a player in a system that doesn't work for him or change the way you want to play. 

The arrival of Ronaldo probably upset the apple cart a little bit, imagine what cavani and sancho were thinking. Then there's the sulking after the first bad result which got magnified by the media and instantly there was a bad atmosphere around Ole . 

I don't watch  them every week but personally I don't think it's anything to do with Ronaldo. Solskjaer seems an all round nice bloke but isn't a very good manager to put it mildly. The players obviously had no faith whatsoever in him or his methods.

It's a miracle he's survived there as long as he has. I bet even Cardiff wouldn't take him back given the opportunity.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

United players falling over themselves today to admit it was their fault Ole got the sack.

Is there any more nauseating sight  than highly paid professionals who have just got their manager the sack by failing to perform over an extended period queuing up to self flagellate in the media once it's too late.

Do it on the bleeding pitch then! 

Couldn't agree more. What good is it to reflect now and blame themselves, when they downed tools and couldn't be bothered when it really mattered?

It always winds me up seeing players apologising on twitter and posting things like "we're desperate to put it right in the next game". Bennett was bad for it. Just bloody do it on the pitch. I'm glad there was none of the social media crap around when we had real players like Tugay, Duffer and co. We were able to enjoy it without any of the false online posts.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Couldn't agree more. What good is it to reflect now and blame themselves, when they downed tools and couldn't be bothered when it really mattered?

It always winds me up seeing players apologising on twitter and posting things like "we're desperate to put it right in the next game". Bennett was bad for it. Just bloody do it on the pitch. I'm glad there was none of the social media crap around when we had real players like Tugay, Duffer and co. We were able to enjoy it without any of the false online posts.

Great post, and to compound it all, Bennett got really precious if anyone took him to task on his performances 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Despite what Chaddy says he was going to City until Fergie stepped in and got United to sign him.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sir-alex-ferguson-ronaldo-transfer-21545506

You can’t stay as the manager of a club when you have other people signing players and expecting them to go straight into the team. I’d be really surprised if Solksjaer actually wanted to sign Ronaldo.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

L

And the best bit is that the top level players actually pay social media advisors to post that inane tripe!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

On 22/11/2021 at 20:38, SuperBrfc said:

It pisses me off when they go to the papers and say I'm so sorry for underperforming.  Bla bla. Could u imagine doing that in a real job? 

Edited by roverandout

Obviously the ultimate goal is to reach the Premier League, but is there anyone else that once we got over the euphoria of achieving that goal would feel a bit flat by it?

VAR, lifeless stadiums, over analysed, squad full of mercenary journeymen.

I think we need it for our clubs future, and I am sure if we got there it would grow on me, but I feel right now where we are is proper football and where we aspire to be (EPL) isn’t all that.

The standard of football in the Championship is poor, watching some of the best players in the world and Rovers competing against the best surely would be the biggest thrill. I have never understood why it is anything but desirable to want the best.

Im not sure why Premier League players are "mercenary journeyman" anymore than Championship players either.

VAR has become far less subject to criticism because the teething problems in the main have been ironed out and ultimately it means that decisions are invariably made correctly. How often do we bemoan the standard of referees at this level, who get no help?

I also dont get the lifeless stadiums, if anything they are bigger and more full, and our own stadium would likely be fuller.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The standard of football in the Championship is poor, watching some of the best players in the world and Rovers competing against the best surely would be the biggest thrill. I have never understood why it is anything but desirable to want the best.

Im not sure why Premier League players are "mercenary journeyman" anymore than Championship players either.

VAR has become far less subject to criticism because the teething problems in the main have been ironed out and ultimately it means that decisions are invariably made correctly. How often do we bemoan the standard of referees at this level, who get no help?

I also dont get the lifeless stadiums, if anything they are bigger and more full, and our own stadium would likely be fuller.

I completely understand all your points.

I guess personally, i enjoy seeing players like Buckley, Dolan, Nyambe etc coming through the ranks. I enjoy going places like Barnsley and Forrest over say the Emirates or Spurs new stadium.

I will never be on board with VAR. That is for a man watching on tv, paying to go to a match VAR will never be welcome for me.

As I said earlier I want us to go up and I know we need the premier league, but I think the thrill for me is the chase.

• Like 2