BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

For me watching United there biggest problem is centre midfield, if they had a Kante in there they’d be miles better. Fred is atrocious, Mctominay I don’t think is a top player, Matic is on his last legs and Pogba is talented of course but his form for United compared to France is mental.

Greenwood, Fernandes and Rashford don’t do the dirty work either which leaves those average Centre mids even more exposed as well as Ronaldo not being able to press from the front. Maguire I don’t feel is a top top centre half and Varane has never convinced me either, they’ve spent so much money over the last few years and yet they are still miles off City Liverpool and Chelsea.  Also, if you think Nyambe’s final ball is poor don’t hurt your eyes by watching Aaron Wan Bissaka trying to cross one in. Ole isn’t good enough but if a new man came in tomorrow I still don’t think they’d be pulling up any trees, not with the current bunch of players anyway. 

Theyve undoubtedly not spent money perfectly (unsure how much of a say that Solskjaer has over that?) but the side is not well drilled at all, they arent well disciplined, its unclear how he wants them to play, the wide men dont track back etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What an incredibly naive and ignorant way to remove any responsibility towards a manager. I presume when we lost 7 nil and Mowbray was understandably on the chopping block that you just solely blamed the players for that too?

They despite more than long enough in the job are so reliant on individual brilliance to win them games because they are far from well drilled or disciplined. With the players they have and the money spent they should at least be competitive with the other big teams but they arent.

You look at Chelsea, Abramovic again made a strong decision to bring in a top class manager and he has Chelsea playing a specific style and is getting the best from them in much less time. If you dont think that a good manager could get much more from an underperforming set of talented players then we clearly dont watch the same sport.

I've never understood the blaming of the players arguement. Unless it's clear that the players have downed tools completely but even then I'd be looking at the manager for allowing to get to that level.

Everything from the training and preparation before games to the formation, tactics, starting 11, game plan, substitutions to the mentality, desire, will to win of the players is all stems from the manager.

It's shown time and time again that when poor managers fail, better ones come in and get more out of the same players.

OGS is a poor manager, if his next job was for a mid/lower prem team, he'd really struggle.

No point in giving him anymore time as he's no where near being a top level manager.

37 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I've never understood the blaming of the players arguement. Unless it's clear that the players have downed tools completely but even then I'd be looking at the manager for allowing to get to that level.

Everything from the training and preparation before games to the formation, tactics, starting 11, game plan, substitutions to the mentality, desire, will to win of the players is all stems from the manager.

It's shown time and time again that when poor managers fail, better ones come in and get more out of the same players.

OGS is a poor manager, if his next job was for a mid/lower prem team, he'd really struggle.

No point in giving him anymore time as he's no where near being a top level manager.

Yep. Hazard was one who did it a few years ago at Chelsea. I think that it was Mourinho's last spell. The season after he was player of the season and Chelsea won the league.

As a coach once told me football is 90% physical, 10% mental, yet the 10% controls the 90%. In a manager's case it's their job to make sure that the 10% is always focused. 

I also agree with Chaddy that despite Ronaldo's talent and goals he was a luxury signing. It's hard to argue against playing him as he scores almost every match but makes them rather unbalanced without the ball and he won't be around for long. He along with Fernandes won't defend, Rashford and Greenwood can't which leaves holes everywhere.

I've said before that Rashford should go to Liverpool. He'd be a much better player there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Yep. Hazard was one who did it a few years ago at Chelsea. I think that it was Mourinho's last spell. The season after he was player of the season and Chelsea won the league.

As a coach once told me football is 90% physical, 10% mental, yet the 10% controls the 90%. In a manager's case it's their job to make sure that the 10% is always focused

I also agree with Chaddy that despite Ronaldo's talent and goals he was a luxury signing. It's hard to argue against playing him as he scores almost every match but makes them rather unbalanced without the ball and he won't be around for long. He along with Fernandes won't defend, Rashford and Greenwood can't which leaves holes everywhere.

I've said before that Rashford should go to Liverpool. He'd be a much better player there. 

I've never heard that before, it's good though.

I think that it is easy to look at Ronaldo and his lack of pressing but as touched on it is far from just him who doesnt put a shift in and that comes down to the manager. Fernandes, Pogba and the wide men dont graft either and they all will contribute far less regularly going forward than Ronaldo.

I remember under Mourinho when he got criticised for making Rashford do the hard graft going backwards but ultimately it led to far more success than Solskjaer will achieve.

They have plenty of quality so they will win games mainly against poorer opposition through individuality but they wont compete with the teams they ought to be competing with under Solskjaer because the players dont seem to be disciplined and organised especially out of possession.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Save my club? 

Is it not your club?

By "saving" I mean it's not a bottomless pit, Venky's decision making is unfathomable and the debt is mounting year after year. If we could get a good manager in who could offset some of that debt with success then I don't care where he came from.

9 minutes ago, booth said:

Is it not your club?

I am stakeholder in the club just like other Blackburn Rovers supporters out there

But your original point was about Dyche coming here(which will never happen btw) and every Rovers Supporter would welcome it but is untrue. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am stakeholder in the club just like other Blackburn Rovers supporters out there

But your original point was about Dyche coming here(which will never happen btw) and every Rovers Supporter would welcome it but is untrue. 

If it's untrue, then our fanbase are idiots.

• Like 4

I think it's the right sort of club for him to be coming in at, I hope he hasn't switched too early. Would finishing this season and getting another trophy or two under his belt benefited him? Still when a good opportunity comes along it's hard to turn down. I really hope he is successful. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well hasn't Pep already said when he will walk away from City? 

Who said they even offer him the job given his Liverpool connections which you have ignore and overlooking this rivalry again. 

You reckon so? I might do a poll on it. 

19 hours ago, Butty said:

Save the Poll. Of course we’d all take Dyche, the guys a top manager, the job he’s done with that lot is exceptional and if he rocked up here tomorrow I wouldn’t give two shits about his Burnley connection. 

16 hours ago, booth said:

It's a case of swallow your pride to save your club.

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

If it's untrue, then our fanbase are idiots.

I could understand any fan struggling with his connections to us BUT in the English game today he’s as close as you’d get to an assured promotion and on a modest budget.

if the objection is ‘style of football’ then I’d suggest you ask any Burnley fan about the 23 undefeated season. Accepting as we must we are never going to out football Man City for 90 minutes we play some exciting football in short bursts. Still every fan has a right to their view and I hear the odd Burnley fan gripping now and then.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I could understand any fan struggling with his connections to us BUT in the English game today he’s as close as you’d get to an assured promotion and on a modest budget.

if the objection is ‘style of football’ then I’d suggest you ask any Burnley fan about the 23 undefeated season. Accepting as we must we are never going to out football Man City for 90 minutes we play some exciting football in short bursts. Still every fan has a right to their view and I hear the odd Burnley fan gripping now and then.

Hey old mate,.I'd take him in a NY minute.  Not so sexy but as a football fan I respect the way you lot play.  I could enjoy that as a fan.  Organised, hard working, 100% commitment, sone really good attacking play very direct.  I'd take him.

• Like 4