BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

6 hours ago, RoverDom said:

If Ole ain't gone in the next couple of days the FA surely need to investigate whether Liverpool have planted staff into the United executive team. 

I honestly dont think any other Premier League side would hire Ole. If he’s not gone in the morning I’ll be baffled.

In his defence until this season he's done the best job at utd since fergie left. 3rd and 2nd place in the last two seasons. Then he got given a squad which should push on and he just looked incapable of taking them to the next level and now the wheels have come off. 

7 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

In his defence until this season he's done the best job at utd since fergie left. 3rd and 2nd place in the last two seasons. Then he got given a squad which should push on and he just looked incapable of taking them to the next level and now the wheels have come off. 

He’s made some really strange signings.

• Moderation Lead

I feel a bit sorry for Solskjaer in some ways, as he’s been so painfully out of his depth this season.

But then, continuing to select Fred and McTominay and not use Van De Beek at all was baffling. Then Van De Beek scored yesterday, four minutes after coming on.

The number of red cards suggests a discipline problem, particularly Maguire yesterday (the fact it was two bookings in under ten minutes, I’ve not seen it yet).

It’s a big mess that needs to be sorted out in reality and I’ve no idea what manager they could or should go for now!

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s made some really strange signings.

Remind me? I've lost track of their comings and goings. I was under the impression he'd largely built a decent squad. Using that squad effectively (leaving van de beck and sancho out for example) is a different question mind but the 25 is good isn't it? 

8 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Remind me? I've lost track of their comings and goings. I was under the impression he'd largely built a decent squad. Using that squad effectively (leaving van de beck and sancho out for example) is a different question mind but the 25 is good isn't it? 

That’s the problem, individually lots of them are good but he hasn’t created a team.

• Like 1

Key part from that statement that Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season. 

So they are waiting for someone till the summer like Pochettino from PSG or Ten Hag from Ajax. So want an interim manager but who available. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d rather have Mowbray to be honest. Appointing Solksjaer in the first place was a really odd decision.

After the mess Manchester United was in morale wise then needed someone like him. 

But the failing to signed a top class defensive midfielder cost him and the team. Don't ever think his summer transfer plan include signing Ronaldo tbh. Also why sign Sancho and not use him until yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

After the mess Manchester United was in morale wise then needed someone like him. 

But the failing to signed a top class defensive midfielder cost him and the team. Don't ever think his summer transfer plan include signing Ronaldo tbh. Also why sign Sancho and not use him until yesterday. 

I get the impression they only signed Ronaldo to stop him going to City. They didn’t need him the way Cavani was playing.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wonder who’s next for the hot seat ? There’s no real stand out candidates that I can see. 

Well they want an interim manager for the season but I don't see a obviously choice for that. Maybe Blanc or Valverde. 

I suspect that they move a Maurico Pochettino from PSG or Ajax Erik Ten Hag

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom

Solskjaer overachieved relative to his experience and ability up until this season. Defeat in the Europa League final triggered a downward spiral he's been unable to halt. Ronaldo has provided some temporary relief but has also completely altered Solskjaer's original vision of how he wanted his team to play. He either wasn't strong enough to voice his opposition to the signing or simply never had enough power for his opinion to make a difference anyway. 

From Utd's point of view I don't think he should ever have been given the job permanently. A stronger boardroom would have ignored fan sentiment after the successful caretaker run, thanked Ole for his contribution and hired a manager that conformed to the club's vision of where they saw themselves going forward. I doubt United ever really had a clear vision, though, so appointing Ole was the easiest option 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Ole sacked. A terrible appointment. Was never going to work. Totally ill-equipped to do that job. Plus the added fact he was a club legend meant they’d drag on far too long with him which of course they duly did.

Spent over £400 Million too...can't say he wasn't backed!!😮

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194