BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I very much doubt that those players "would be nothing" without Lampard.

Would they have got the same opportunities as under Lampard and Embargo they had in a Conte was there for Example?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Lampard out of the running for the Norwich job 

Surprised by that tbh. 

36 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Norwich could do worse than to go for Dyche IMO and vice versa.

He'd give it a good shot at keeping them up, but if they did go down, he's a good bet to bring them back up.

For him, a bigger club, a bigger fan base, cash to spend and the opportunity to show he's not a one trick pony.

Interesting points you make here. 

Would Dyche had the same amount of control as he currently has at Burnley at Norwich? not sure he would. 

Losing the discussion, so just shut it down with he wouldn't come here anyway. That's not the point, nor was it the discussion. Most would have him here a heartbeat no matter who he managed.

Ironically, you were behind Coyle just like any other manager. But Dyche you would not have over TM....bonkers.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3

• Backroom

Really strange that they sacked Farke, after a win, without having a replacement lined up. Surely the whole reason you remove a manager before the international break is because you have somebody ready to take advantage of that time to come in and get to know the club, players, etc?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would Dyche had the same amount of control as he currently has at Burnley at Norwich? not sure he would. 

Who knows, Chaddy? For a club in Norwich's position though, they're crying out for someone who can keep them in the PL. Dyche would be perfect for that, even for just 2 or 3 years should they then decide they want better. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche isn't coming here in a month of Sundays at all. Dyche is at the biggest club he will manage imo. 

Already said who I want replace Mowbray. 

Not so sure about that , there's trouble at mill at Everton ...

Actually Norwich is quite handy from Northampton , trouble is they are already down ...

Will Dyche want another relegation on his CV ?

16 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Who knows, Chaddy? For a club in Norwich's position though, they're crying out for someone who can keep them in the PL. Dyche would be perfect for that, even for just 2 or 3 years should they then decide they want better. 

Looks like Dean Smith is going there as head coach and Shakespeare as number 2 according to the Athletic online. 

Smith needs to get Billy Gilmour into that team and playing in his correct role. Him and Normann in centre midfield with Cantwell in the 10 role is the way I would play. 

12 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Not so sure about that , there's trouble at mill at Everton ...

Actually Norwich is quite handy from Northampton , trouble is they are already down ...

Will Dyche want another relegation on his CV ?

Not sure on the Everton situation but given the injuries problems there guess you got to give Benitez the season. 

Dean Smith for Norwich.....presumably looking to next season and coming straight back to the Prem

Good manager with a good record at our level. In a normal world another that would have been a shoe-in at Ewood instead of the present incumbent. 

• Like 3

Strange one really.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with Smith. Did OK with Brentford but they've progressed much more since he left them and Frank took over.

Got Villa promoted but with that squad they had to go up. Since spent vast sums of money, narrowly survived the first season, good season last year and now that Grealish has gone sinking rapidly this.

Not sure what Norwich are looking for. Smith doesn't come with the Allardyce survival expert reputation, they are highly likely to be relegated this year and if they were to go back into the Championship I'd rather have Farke in charge than Smith.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Strange one really.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with Smith. Did OK with Brentford but they've progressed much more since he left them and Frank took over.

Got Villa promoted but with that squad they had to go up. Since spent vast sums of money, narrowly survived the first season, good season last year and now that Grealish has gone sinking rapidly this.

Not sure what Norwich are looking for. Smith doesn't come with the Allardyce survival expert reputation, they are highly likely to be relegated this year and if they were to go back into the Championship I'd rather have Farke in charge than Smith.

very experience head coach and thats what Norwich want and need, Farke isn't good enough in the PL and it was right decision to get rid of him. 

Smith did a very good job at Brentford and Villa, 

Allardyce's days of managing clubs has gone nowadays. After retired from football after leaving Palace is where he should have stay and not gone back into management in my opinion. 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very experience head coach and thats what Norwich want and need, Farke isn't good enough in the PL and it was right decision to get rid of him. 

Allardyce's days of managing clubs has gone nowadays. After retired from football after leaving Palace is where he should have stay and not gone back into management in my opinion. 

If Norwich go down though - which they likely will - Farke would be a better choice to get them back up rather than Smith.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is he? I mean he has a decent level of experience, mainly in the lower leagues. His PL or top end Championship experience is just in the last 3 years, before that he spent most of his career either in the lower divisions with Walsall or mid-table with Brentford. He did ok at Brentford whilst selling his best players but after he left Frank got them to the play-offs and then to promotion, which Smith couldn't manage.

I think he's ok but no more than that. He doesn't strike me as a promotion expert like a Bruce or Warnock and he doesn't strike me as a survival expert like Allardyce, Hodgson or Pulis.

He certainly has popularity among the media but I suspect that is down to his reputation for playing nice football and being a nice bloke.

As others have said - if Norwich had one eye on a promotion push next season then Farke would be the man for that. If they are desperate to survive this season in the PL there are other options out there with better track records than Smith.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Seems a downgrade to me. Farke knows how to get promoted. Smith doesnt.

So they are hoping this guy can keep them up - they could have got better for that.

Yeah, let's pick the guy who's lost 5 in a row with a better squad 😅

• Like 1

On 15/11/2021 at 16:38, JHRover said:

Is he? I mean he has a decent level of experience, mainly in the lower leagues. His PL or top end Championship experience is just in the last 3 years, before that he spent most of his career either in the lower divisions with Walsall or mid-table with Brentford. He did ok at Brentford whilst selling his best players but after he left Frank got them to the play-offs and then to promotion, which Smith couldn't manage.

Well we have to agree to disagree on Smith. He is someone I like and would have been one of my top choices to replace Mowbray if he available. 

I think he's ok but no more than that. He doesn't strike me as a promotion expert like a Bruce or Warnock and he doesn't strike me as a survival expert like Allardyce, Hodgson or Pulis.

Pulis? Really. Yesterday man, tactics are well behind what is needed. 

Hodgson could have been a decent shout but does he want back in football at his age now. 

Bruce doesn't want back in football after his Newcastle experience supposedly. Posted links on this in PL thread. 

Allardyce is yesterday man again. 

As others have said - if Norwich had one eye on a promotion push next season then Farke would be the man for that. If they are desperate to survive this season in the PL there are other options out there with better track records than Smith.

Think Norwich need a fresh approach now after things have stale under Farke imo.