BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

15 minutes ago, booth said:

Do you think Collins is likely to stay if you go down?

It will depend on the offers/his contract I imagine. I've only seen him a couple of times in the flesh but he looks like the real deal so I'd imagine in a year or two, relegated or not, he'll move to a bigger team - assuming he carries on as he has so far.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

If . Don't you mean when ?

On a long enough timeline most teams will go down however when our turn will come is hard to say. This season certainly looks as close as we have since the second promotion though.

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Based on last night, I couldn't see any Burnley players being attractive to other PL teams. That Cornet fella is supposed to be something, but he was anonymous last night. Tarkowski would probably be appealing I guess.

Burnley's strength is physicality, discipline and organisation, rather than individual flair or brilliance. 

Nick Pope would be one to be chased after 

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bye bye rafa🙂

I watched some of the Merseyside derby. 

The Everton fans were quite comical. Whenever a ball went into the crowd they kept it, as if it would help. Scores also left after Liverpool's second went in. Not long after that Everton made it 2-1 and were in it for a while.

I've never understood leaving a game early. Even if your team is getting hammered.

On 04/12/2021 at 17:06, booth said:

Bottom of the league Newcastle's first win of the season.

muttley-dog-laughing.gif.c26fa05d03aeaefb9f5c5af944ab0412.gif

On 04/12/2021 at 21:19, booth said:

They do now, he limped off injured.

Been licking my wounds for a few days after that - it's beginning to look a lot like relegation...

Whilst there are still plenty of points to go for we can't expect to perform like that against those teams around us and survive. What is the use of a point at Chelsea if you then lose against bottom of the league? Unless Dyche can rediscover that ability to get results against those around us in the next week or so it is a grim looking second half/two thirds of the season coming.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Been licking my wounds for a few days after that - it's beginning to look a lot like relegation...

Whilst there are still plenty of points to go for we can't expect to perform like that against those teams around us and survive. What is the use of a point at Chelsea if you then lose against bottom of the league? Unless Dyche can rediscover that ability to get results against those around us in the next week or so it is a grim looking second half/two thirds of the season coming.

That’s what usually keeps teams up - beating the teams around them, especially at home. Along with the odd totally unexpected win or draw against one of the big teams. The fat lady isn’t singing yet but the orchestra are tuning up their instruments.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Always a chance of staying up with Dyche and with January bringing new signings, I've always said he's one of those lucky managers that come along now and again. Dyche will probably get them back up in any case.

If I were you my worry would be if they sacked him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I'd still give you a very decent chance of staying up in a scrap if there's not much in it with a couple of months left to go. It does look possible that you could get cut adrift if you're not careful though, that Watford game in particular looks absolutely massive now.

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Do you expect any investment in January from the owners to be made available to Dyche? if so where do you need to strength the squad? 

Do the owners have a plan for relegation if it happens? 

Do you know or think Dyche has a clause in his contract to walk away if you go down? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you expect any investment in January from the owners to be made available to Dyche? if so where do you need to strength the squad? 

Do the owners have a plan for relegation if it happens? 

Do you know or think Dyche has a clause in his contract to walk away if you go down? 

I’m not aware of any clause but there is no suggestion the club would want rid - but new owners, who knows?

As for money, it would be good if we could sign someone. More creativity in the middle and a striker who can score. I doubt we will get either though, our budgets are still tight.

45 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

’m not aware of any clause but there is no suggestion the club would want rid - but new owners, who knows?

It would be interesting what the new/current owners would do if relegation did happen. I wonder if they have the finances or knowledge of what would be needed if you did go down. Do they have a plan if you was to get relegate?

45 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As for money, it would be good if we could sign someone. More creativity in the middle and a striker who can score. I doubt we will get either though, our budgets are still tight.

why are budgets still tight? 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It would be interesting what the new/current owners would do if relegation did happen. I wonder if they have the finances or knowledge of what would be needed if you did go down. Do they have a plan if you was to get relegate?

why are budgets still tight? 

There is a sense they understand - but whether they can walk the walk who knows. Hopefully their research has told them Dyche is our best chance of bouncing back - assuming he’s willing to stay.

Budgets are tight because we are the poorest club in the league - and poorer than quite a few in the Championship. Even your owners are far wealthier than us/ours if they decided to splash their cash. It’s a reality that will never change for us at this level - indeed the gap is likely to get wider more so than narrower.

19 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

There is a sense they understand - but whether they can walk the walk who knows. Hopefully their research has told them Dyche is our best chance of bouncing back - assuming he’s willing to stay.

Thats will be a big question to answer is whether Dyche stays if you go down 

Also what plan your current owners have for the championship and the financial impact it will have on the club and them. 

19 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Budgets are tight because we are the poorest club in the league - and poorer than quite a few in the Championship. Even your owners are far wealthier than us/ours if they decided to splash their cash. It’s a reality that will never change for us at this level - indeed the gap is likely to get wider more so than narrower.

Surely with new ownership you expect them to invest some money themselves in the club?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats will be a big question to answer is whether Dyche stays if you go down 

Also what plan your current owners have for the championship and the financial impact it will have on the club and them. 

Surely with new ownership you expect them to invest some money themselves in the club?

They don’t have money - not real money in. The sense of Abramovich, the Saudi’s - even the Venky’s.

Wealthy beyond my wildest dreams but not in football terms. They are VC’s so will have a risk appetite and may borrow more to bolster in January and try to stay up - though I’m not convinced desperate buys in January are always such a good thing.

Of course clubs like Newcastle may now look to try and take our players to weaken us, suggestions they are after Mee as well as Tarky for example. Could be an interesting January however we have a real chance of putting 9-12 points in the board before the window opens. Of course it won’t happen but we do have 4 eminently winnable games (Watford, Villa, Everton and Leeds) . Of course the way Covid is going games could be off or teams could be playing depleted squads so who knows.

I do know that after Leeds at the start of the year we have Leicester, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool in a row so we really need to win at least 3 of the next 5 and get a draw if we want any chance of staying up. It really doesn’t seem likely but football is a funny game. Scab a point Sunday against West Ham, beat Watford and maybe we build some confidence. Ahh as footie fan it really is the hope that kills you.

• Like 2