BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Feels like this is disproportionately impacting us but no amount a whining is going to change it - we will just have to hope our squad holds up.

Does feel like an already uphill struggle is being made much harder and the league are stacking the deck against us. Let’s hope Dyche has a few quid tk spend AND he can spend it well and turn the postponements to our advantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Feels like this is disproportionately impacting us but no amount a whining is going to change it - we will just have to hope our squad holds up.

Does feel like an already uphill struggle is being made much harder and the league are stacking the deck against us. Let’s hope Dyche has a few quid tk spend AND he can spend it well and turn the postponements to our advantage.

I just hope we pass like ships in the night.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

I just hope we pass like ships in the night.

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We're all shedding a tear Longsiders...chin up cocker!🤣

😂😂😂

we aren’t dead - yet - boys. Us surviving by the skin of our teeth whilst you miss out in play offs - well let’s just say, Carslberg don’t do football seasons but if they did 😬

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

😂😂😂

we aren’t dead - yet - boys. Us surviving by the skin of our teeth whilst you miss out in play offs - well let’s just say, Carslberg don’t do football seasons but if they did 😬

It may be hard to believe but there are some Rovers who would prefer to play Burnley in the PL and not in the Second Division.

• Like 1

There’s absolutely nothing fun about being a bottom 5 Premier League club and nothing at all will make me change my mind. It’s completely mind numbing and it doesn’t surprise me to see Longers falling out of love with it.

Making sure you pick up at least a point against rivals because the top 5 or 6 teams cannot be rivalled, simply down to finance and who’s owner is the richest - it’s not for me at all. Give me Championship or even League One footie any day ahead of a 6 nil spanking by a Russian Billionaire’s play thing that’s only involved in football so that Putin can’t kill him easily. 

• Like 3

I dont get how football can be enjoyed when progression ie promotion to the top league is seen as counter productive. Bizarre to me.

I love the idea of Rovers hosting the very best teams in the country and some of the worlds best players and hopefully competing with them, rather than games in front of less than 10k against teams like Peterborough, Barnsley, Oldham and Shrewsbury.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I was chatting to a lady who has a daughter in the same swimming class as my granddaughter and interestingly she said her husband and father-in-law, both long standing season ticket holders at Burnley will be happy to get relegated. I was initially surprised but the more I thought about it the more I could see their point. VAR, sanitised no contact football, cheating, disproportionately affected games and many more things were in my mind and no doubt theirs too. My main driver for us going up is I want us to get shut of our wretched owners and promotion is the only way in my view but that aside the Championship is far better suited to my footballing needs.

Is this a general feeling amongst Burnley fans?

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get how football can be enjoyed when progression ie promotion to the top league is seen as counter productive. Bizarre to me.

I love the idea of Rovers hosting the very best teams in the country and some of the worlds best players and hopefully competing with them, rather than games in front of less than 10k against teams like Peterborough, Barnsley, Oldham and Shrewsbury.

Agree 100%

Football has to be about striving to play at the highest level you can or there is no point and it is just a habit for fans and a well paid but mundane job for players.

In my simple terms I want back what Venkys took away, a well run club and competitive in the PL.

i watch a load of football on TV and a lot of Championship games are poor fare.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was chatting to a lady who has a daughter in the same swimming class as my granddaughter and interestingly she said her husband and father-in-law, both long standing season ticket holders at Burnley will be happy to get relegated. I was initially surprised but the more I thought about it the more I could see their point. VAR, sanitised no contact football, cheating, disproportionately affected games and many more things were in my mind and no doubt theirs too. My main driver for us going up is I want us to get shut of our wretched owners and promotion is the only way in my view but that aside the Championship is far better suited to my footballing needs.

Is this a general feeling amongst Burnley fans?

Worth noting that those factors, which I agree exist, are basically the fault of those running the PL and match officials acting under orders from above. They could all be cured but first the faults have to be admitted to by those causing them.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Does cheating only exist in the Premier League? And VAR has now overcome its teething problems and just makes for more correct decisions.

As evidenced last weekend VAR (or rather the people using it) is as bad as ever. I counted at least six major incidents last week that were clear and obvious errors by the on field referee but the VAR didn't even advise an pitch side review. And cheating is far more prevalent in the PL although it does go on in the EFL.

On 24/12/2021 at 20:58, longsiders1882 said:

Well don't you have 25 players squad? 

It will be very interesting in Burnley spend any money in January and if they do who hey go for? 

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Does cheating only exist in the Premier League? And VAR has now overcome its teething problems and just makes for more correct decisions.

VAR is crap and has no point in football. Decisions take too long and still wrong decisions still happening. 

9 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

is anyone else sick of all these foreign managers coming in and after a few weeks moaning about the fixture schedule like its a surprise to them ?  

yes and it`s not like they have a squad of 22 either,chelsea and man city stockpile players,you can`t trust any of the so called big four,they have no interest in anyone but themselves,if you give into them it`ll end up with them choosing their own schedule,they did try to join to the ill fated euro league after all

2 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

is anyone else sick of all these foreign managers coming in and after a few weeks moaning about the fixture schedule like its a surprise to them ?  

I am. I heard Tuchel this morning moaning and complaining about the schedule and injuries, and I thought if you don't like it or can't work with the schedule then quit and move back to Germany but you wouldn't do that cos of managing Chelsea and the wages you are on. Chelsea have a huge squad plus a good under 23's team so stop complaining and get it with it. 

Rangnick annoyed me about moaning about our 2 Cup competitions. Yet again, you know the English game and why we have them so if you don't like it don't accept the Manchester United job

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am. I heard Tuchel this morning moaning and complaining about the schedule and injuries, and I thought if you don't like it or can't work with the schedule then quit and move back to Germany but you wouldn't do that cos of managing Chelsea and the wages you are on. Chelsea have a huge squad plus a good under 23's team so stop complaining and get it with it. 

Rangnick annoyed me about moaning about our 2 Cup competitions. Yet again, you know the English game and why we have them so if you don't like it don't accept the Manchester United job

Too right chaddy. There is a reason why the Premier League is regarded as the most watchable League in the world and the broadcasters pay copious amounts to the Premier League to ensure the players are in general the best paid in the world. Part of the reason is the massive amount of televised games and a major part of that attraction is the hectic Christmas schedule. If the foreign managers don't like it they should **** off back to Europe where no doubt they'd be on half the salary.

Klopp always moans about it this time of year but Rangnick is particularly annoying.  Only been here 5 mins and Man Ure aren't even in the League Cup he wants scrapped!

If these managers were genuinely concerned about playing too many games per se them there's a way to solve the fixture congestion at a stroke - cut out all the meaningless Champions League group games and make it a knockout competition as it was when it was the European Cup. 

Of course you'll never hear any of them suggest that because they get paid too much for participating in the "Champions" League.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Too right chaddy. There is a reason why the Premier League is regarded as the most watchable League in the world and the broadcasters pay copious amounts to the Premier League to ensure the players are in general the best paid in the world. Part of the reason is the massive amount of televised games and a major part of that attraction is the hectic Christmas schedule. If the foreign managers don't like it they should **** off back to Europe where no doubt they'd be on half the salary.

Klopp always moans about it this time of year but Rangnick is particularly annoying.  Only been here 5 mins and Man Ure aren't even in the League Cup he wants scrapped!

If these managers were genuinely concerned about playing too many games per se them there's a way to solve the fixture congestion at a stroke - cut out all the meaningless Champions League group games and make it a knockout competition as it was when it was the European Cup. 

Of course you'll never hear any of them suggest that because they get paid too much for participating in the "Champions" League.

The Premier League is the best football league in the world and most enjoyable to watch. Other leagues don't have our quality and entertainment. 

I totally agree on the Champions league and if I had my way I would completely restructure it where it would be knockout football straight way so less games. Maybe go back to the pre champions league days where it only Champions of the league in that with UEFA Cup and cup winner cup back into play. The Champions League is only about money for the big European teams and UEFA governing body 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Are they less entitled to an opinion because they are from a different country?

I totally disagree with it but I am not sure that it warrants the "get back to your own country" style comments.

I wouldn't go to German football and start moaning about their footballing structure and way the competitions are structure over there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Premier League is the best football league in the world and most enjoyable to watch. Other leagues don't have our quality and entertainment. 

I totally agree on the Champions league and if I had my way I would completely restructure it where it would be knockout football straight way so less games. Maybe go back to the pre champions league days where it only Champions of the league in that with UEFA Cup and cup winner cup back into play. The Champions League is only about money for the big European teams and UEFA governing body 

I wouldn't go to German football and start moaning about their footballing structure and way the competitions are structure over there. 

If you got a job as a manager in the Bundesliga, you would be entitled to an opinion just as much as a German manager in a similar role, bizarre to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you got a job as a manager in the Bundesliga, you would be entitled to an opinion just as much as a German manager in a similar role, bizarre to suggest otherwise.

But I wouldn't comment but just get on with coaching the team. I would accept their footballing structure

1 minute ago, El Tombro said:

You were pulled up on the "go back to your own country" comment in fairness.

Clubs bring in foreign managers for no other reason than they are the best they can get. It's also worth noting how they have probably benefited the national team and the game at large. Yet they state the bleeding obvious about "our cup competitons!!!" and you they should go back because they're foreigners.

If Mowbray stated the same, which I'm pretty damned sure he agrees with on the quiet, what then?

And I stand by that comment. They know how our footballing structure is and they either get on with their job or don't accept the in the first place

7 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

I say fair play to them for stating what is on everybody already knows but dare not say. They have more testicular fortitude than those that keep quiet about it. As much as you disagree, I think the whole conversation regarding Cup competitions and their continued decline should be raised.

Lets scrap the Champions League and Europa league group stages then. Thats would saved 5 games a season. Or these pointless international breaks games. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I wouldn't comment but just get on with coaching the team. I would accept their footballing structure

And I stand by that comment. They know how our footballing structure is and they either get on with their job or don't accept the in the first place

So you can only comment on logistics around football in the country in which you were born? Got ya.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So you can only comment on logistics around football in the country in which you were born? Got ya.

I would show more respect for the country footballing structure and get on with my job of coaching the club I was in charge of 

Why didn't Tuchel and Rangnick say get rid of the Champions League group games and make it a knockout tournament like it used to be and was far more better to watch and these pointless International breaks and reduce the games played by international teams?