BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

10 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

That's a flippant answer and completely out of context. The bigger discussion is about the money involved in the game and the rewards for those clubs. Just look at the majority of teams fielded nowadays. Cup competitions, and even European competitions, may as well be scrapped when the leagues are worth so much money!

I would scrap all Group games within the UEFA competitions and nations league plus most international friendlies

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Are they less entitled to an opinion because they are from a different country?

I totally disagree with it but I am not sure that it warrants the "get back to your own country" style comments.

Sorry, I think it does.

It may sound harsh but it's nothing to do with them being "foreign" I'd say the same about an English manager making similar comments. Basically they're quite willing  to accept the vast rewards on offer for fulfilling a specific set of commitments, then as soon as they get here they want to have their cake and eat it by playing less games for the same money.

The problem isn't "the League Cup" it's the amount of money on offer. Hypothetically if new sponsors came in and offered more money for competing in and winning the domestic Cups than the Champions League they'd soon stop complaining about the League Cup and be moaning about having to play too many games in the Champions League.

The managers of the top 6 Clubs need to realise the game isn't all about them.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The problem isn't "the League Cup" it's the amount of money on offer. Hypothetically if new sponsors came in and offered more money for competing in and winning the domestic Cups than the Champions League they'd soon stop complaining about the League Cup and be moaning about having to play too many games in the Champions League.

if winning the league cup got you a champions league place then they wouldn't be moaning and complaining about it

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, I think it does.

It may sound harsh but it's nothing to do with them being "foreign" I'd say the same about an English manager making similar comments. Basically they're quite willing  to accept the vast rewards on offer for fulfilling a specific set of commitments, then as soon as they get here they want to have their cake and eat it by playing less games for the same money.

The managers of the top 6 Clubs need to realise the game isn't all about them.

I agree that the Cup games shouldn't be removed and I also do like a Boxing Day fixture, although I would suggest that the general festive schedule is illogial.

My point was specific to the idea that they should go back to their country if they don't like it, as if their nationality gives them less of a right to an opinion. It shouldn't/doesn't and as you said in your quoted post, you'd think the same about an English manager. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was specific to the idea that they should go back to their country if they don't like it, as if their nationality gives them less of a right to an opinion. It shouldn't/doesn't and as you said in your quoted post, you'd think the same about an English manager. 

Any PL or football manager should get on with their job and stop complaining about the football structure of our game regardless of nationality and respect that is our structure is. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree that the Cup games shouldn't be removed and I also do like a Boxing Day fixture, although I would suggest that the general festive schedule is illogial.

Would you support getting rid of Champions League/Europa games group games and make it a proper knockout tournment like pre 90's plus get rid of nations league and pointless International football games?

Manchester United have been woeful tonight and not sure their players are suited to Rangnick's tactics but it will take time I guess 

Why would Manchester United be without David Da Gea?

Think Newcastle deserve to win this game tonight and I think Howe has got them playing well and fighting for the club. Add 4 or 5 quality players in January and I think they will deffo stay up. 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any PL or football manager should get on with their job and stop complaining about the football structure of our game regardless of nationality and respect that is our structure is. 

Would you support getting rid of Champions League/Europa games group games and make it a proper knockout tournment like pre 90's plus get rid of nations league and pointless International football games?

I think the European Group Stages are often entertaining so I dont think that I would want them to be removed, the Champions League in general works well as it is. The Nations League was created as an alternative to friendlies so I do think it has been successful considering its objectives. I do think that the footballing schedule is too busy but I am unsure exactly what could be amended, although England playing teams like San Marino every year and battering them 10 nil does nothing for noone.

But my point was calling out your ridiculous notion that foreign managers dont have the right to give their opinions and question the structure and logisitics of their teams schedule simply based on their nationality, and that they should simply go back to their own country if they choose to do so. Rangnick, Tuchel, Guardiola and Klopp have has much right to give their opinion as say Howe, Dyche, Gerrard and Potter ie nationality is totally irrelevant. And if they have no right to question it, surely it is hypocritical to then go on and start suggesting your own amended calendar!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Manchester United have been woeful tonight and not sure their players are suited to Rangnick's tactics but it will take time I guess 

Why would Manchester United be without David Da Gea?

Think Newcastle deserve to win this game tonight and I think Howe has got them playing well and fighting for the club. Add 4 or 5 quality players in January and I think they will deffo stay up. 

The quality of the PL is just dire below the top 5/6 teams in all honesty. A lot of money being tossed around with little to show for it.

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the European Group Stages are often entertaining so I dont think that I would want them to be removed, the Champions League in general works well as it is.

The Champions League is all about money for the clubs involved and nothing more. Its time it went back to being only league champions in the Champions league, then UEFA cup and then cup's winners cup. Do you ever see them or watch it when it was like that? 

but I am unsure exactly what could be amended,

I have named you several things. I will list them again. Scrap All UEFA club competitions group stages and make them knock out competitions, get rid of Nations league and pointless international games, 

The Nations League was created as an alternative to friendlies so I do think it has been successful considering its objectives

Another pointless tournament to be honest. Not needed. Just reduced the games

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But my point was calling out your ridiculous notion that foreign managers dont have the right to give their opinions and question the structure and logisitics of their teams schedule simply based on their nationality, and that they should simply go back to their own country if they choose to do so. Rangnick, Tuchel, Guardiola and Klopp have has much right to give their opinion as say Howe, Dyche, Gerrard and Potter ie nationality is totally irrelevant. And if they have no right to question it, surely it is hypocritical to then go on and start suggesting your own amended calendar!

I find it ridiculous the way you always defend them over these comments. The point is that these managers have chosen to manage in this country and they SHOULD respect our footballing structure. Just like If I was managing in Germany or Spain I would totally respect their footballing structure and when ask those of questions I would said I am here to win matches and coach my team, and I totally respect their footballing structure here 

Also I find it funny when these football amangers like Klopp or Tuchel complain about the amount of games they don't suggest cutting the number Europe matches or get rid of international games. Wonder why they don't? money?

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

The quality of the PL is just dire below the top 5/6 teams in all honesty. A lot of money being tossed around with little to show for it.

I think you are totally wrong there. Plenty of quality in clubs below top 6 clubs. Newcastle outplayed Manchester United tonight. But how much have United spent on those players and wages spent. 

Ronaldo and Fernandes attitude tonight was pathetic and sulking like babies.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Champions League is all about money for the clubs involved and nothing more. Its time it went back to being only league champions in the Champions league, then UEFA cup and then cup's winners cup. Do you ever see them or watch it when it was like that? 

I have named you several things. I will list them again. Scrap All UEFA club competitions group stages and make them knock out competitions, get rid of Nations league and pointless international games, 

Another pointless tournament to be honest. Not needed. Just reduced the games

I find it ridiculous the way you always defend them over these comments. The point is that these managers have chosen to manage in this country and they SHOULD respect our footballing structure. Just like If I was managing in Germany or Spain I would totally respect their footballing structure and when ask those of questions I would said I am here to win matches and coach my team, and I totally respect their footballing structure here 

Also I find it funny when these football amangers like Klopp or Tuchel complain about the amount of games they don't suggest cutting the number Europe matches or get rid of international games. Wonder why they don't? money?

I disagree with them but I don't dismiss their right to an opinion purely down to their nationality.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you are totally wrong there. Plenty of quality in clubs below top 6 clubs. Newcastle outplayed Manchester United tonight. But how much have United spent on those players and wages spent. 

The poor attitude is throughout the team, and was long before Ronaldo joined. Rashford and Sancho are as lazy as anyone.

• Backroom

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle have won 1 (one) match in 19 and are 2 points from safety. Burnley also with a single win from 15 games and also only 2 points from safety. Norwich have lost 12/18 and are only 3 points from safety (technically 4 if you take GD into account, but still). A David Moyes managed West Ham are one of the best teams in the division.  Manchester United are supposedly having one of their worst ever seasons but are only a point off 5th. Brighton have won 5/17 and are 9th. Arsenal somehow 4th despite a horrific start to the season and a total rookie in charge. But then Man United finished 2nd last season with Solksjaer in charge, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is it a sign of a good quality competition if teams can finish in the Champions League places with rookie managers?

I suppose I'd maybe revise my statement to say the bottom five teams in particular (Leeds, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich) are dire. Everyone between Arsenal and Everton extremely average. Top three teams far ahead of everybody else.

Once again it's becoming City Vs Liverpool at the top, as it has been for the last 3/4 seasons. Exciting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I disagree with them but I don't dismiss their right to an opinion purely down to their nationality.

The poor attitude is throughout the team, and was long before Ronaldo joined. Rashford and Sancho are as lazy as anyone.

I don’t think attitude is the issue with Rashford and Sancho, it’s more ability. Tactically taken out of games, especially Rashford who relies on pace.

Hard to say that Sancho suddenly has a bad attitude, more like the EPL is a lot harder for him.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are focusing on their nationality not me. But it's time any football managers regardless of nationality should respect our footballing structure. 

Wrong..Manchester United finished second last season so couldn't have this poor attitude could they? 

Signing Ronaldo will be Mistake by them. Said it at the time. Its upset the dressing room and OGS Job

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Once again it's becoming City Vs Liverpool at the top, as it has been for the last 3/4 seasons. Exciting.

It's between 3 teams at the top which will be interesting and entertaining for the natural. 

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Newcastle have won 1 (one) match in 19 and are 2 points from safety. Burnley also with a single win from 15 games and also only 2 points from safety. Norwich have lost 12/18 and are only 3 points from safety (technically 4 if you take GD into account, but still). A David Moyes managed West Ham are one of the best teams in the division.  Manchester United are supposedly having one of their worst ever seasons but are only a point off 5th. Brighton have won 5/17 and are 9th. Arsenal somehow 4th despite a horrific start to the season and a total rookie in charge. But then Man United finished 2nd last season with Solksjaer in charge, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is it a sign of a good quality competition if teams can finish in the Champions League places with rookie managers?

I suppose I'd maybe revise my statement to say the bottom five teams in particular (Leeds, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich) are dire. Everyone between Arsenal and Everton extremely average. Top three teams far ahead of everybody else.

We will have to agree to disagree but I rather what Premier league every Week then the Champions league which I haven't watched for years now. The Champions league structure is wrong and has been since its gone this way

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's between 3 teams at the top which will be interesting and entertaining for the natural. 

We will have to agree to disagree but I rather what Premier league every Week then the Champions league which I haven't watched for years now. The Champions league structure is wrong and has been since its gone this way

I think Chelsea will eventually slip away, although right now it seems like City may run away with it, which would be a shame.

The knock out stages of the CL are very, very stale. You get the odd shock here or there when a big team is going through a crisis of sorts (in past years usually Man Utd, this year it's been Barcelona), but really the CL is only worth watching from February onwards when the knockouts start. 

Still, the CL and the PL both feel pretty soulless to me nowadays, so I have much more focus on the Championship and the lower leagues. Obviously if Rovers got promoted I'd put more focus on the Prem, but I know it wouldn't feel like it did when we were last there. 

50 minutes ago, DE. said:

I agree. From Arsenal down it is underwhelming. The bottom 6 or so are dire to watch at times. It's frightening the amount of money being blown with not a lot to show for it. It feels like the more money that is being spent, the worse some sides are getting. Everton being one example.

United have spent a ridiculous amount post Fergie, their wage bill is staggering, yet they aren't any closer to winning the league.

It's going to be interesting to see how it feels when we are back in there, because it's clearly much different now to what we remember it as.

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think Chelsea will eventually slip away, although right now it seems like City may run away with it, which would be a shame.

The knock out stages of the CL are very, very stale. You get the odd shock here or there when a big team is going through a crisis of sorts (in past years usually Man Utd, this year it's been Barcelona), but really the CL is only worth watching from February onwards when the knockouts start. 

Still, the CL and the PL both feel pretty soulless to me nowadays, so I have much more focus on the Championship and the lower leagues. Obviously if Rovers got promoted I'd put more focus on the Prem, but I know it wouldn't feel like it did when we were last there. 

I love watching PL football and I would love Rovers to be back in the PL. 

I haven't watched Champions league for years. Zero interested in it and don't like the format at all

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I don’t think attitude is the issue with Rashford and Sancho, it’s more ability. Tactically taken out of games, especially Rashford who relies on pace.

Hard to say that Sancho suddenly has a bad attitude, more like the EPL is a lot harder for him.

To be honest with Rashford I do think he perhaps was a little overhyped after the way in which he broke onto the scene. He has been really underwhelming for a couple of years to which the narrative was always that he was playing with injuries, but even after surgery leaving him pain free, he has been crap. He also displays terrible body language and minimal urgency like many of his team mates. Ability and attitude may both be contributing factors. Sancho looks a bit overweight and again is lethargic and seems not to be busting a gut.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are focusing on their nationality not me. But it's time any football managers regardless of nationality should respect our footballing structure. 

Wrong..Manchester United finished second last season so couldn't have this poor attitude could they? 

Signing Ronaldo will be Mistake by them. Said it at the time. Its upset the dressing room and OGS Job

Easy to pin it on Ronaldo who at least unlike the likes of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho etc has been scoring goals. But that bad attitude specifically this season is prevalent throughout a number of players.

To add context, they did finish 2nd last season but they were never close to the title and the competition was weak. Chelsea had Lampard for half of the season who was massively underachieving and Liverpool had an unprecedented injury crisis deep into the pandemic which left them regularly playing midfielders and/or kids at centre back.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be honest with Rashford I do think he perhaps was a little overhyped after the way in which he broke onto the scene. He has been really underwhelming for a couple of years to which the narrative was always that he was playing with injuries, but even after surgery leaving him pain free, he has been crap. He also displays terrible body language and minimal urgency like many of his team mates. Ability and attitude may both be contributing factors. Sancho looks a bit overweight and again is lethargic and seems not to be busting a gut.

Easy to pin it on Ronaldo who at least unlike the likes of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho etc has been scoring goals. But that bad attitude specifically this season is prevalent throughout a number of players.

To add context, they did finish 2nd last season but they were never close to the title and the competition was weak. Chelsea had Lampard for half of the season who was massively underachieving and Liverpool had an unprecedented injury crisis deep into the pandemic which left them regularly playing midfielders and/or kids at centre back.

Sancho is still 21 and new to the league so I am sure he will come good, I think the step up and not being in team/change manager etc is unsettling so we will see with him.

Rashford has been about a while, and whilst still not old, he’s similar age to Dele Alli who has gone the same way. 

I am not a believer in players not caring anymore, but maybe the hype for players like Rashford and Dele was to much to live up to. Maybe they just peaked already, and as they can’t hit that standard anymore managers and fans get on their back and it kills their confidence? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Rashford has suffered due to him being shunted out wide. I think that he is a centre forward. He looks like he is playing as an orthodox winger these days and it's not doing him any good. I've said before that if he played for Klopp's Liverpool he'd be superb.

I've not seen much of Sancho but he's hardly set the world on fire when I have seen him. He should have stayed at Dortmund as he'll not get much consistency in the current Man U set up.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That attitude has started this season and undermine one manager and looks like another one is suffering similar for it

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Changing managers during a season and injuries happens. You are just using excuses again. Klopp should have signed another centre back last summer 2020. 

Don't usually agree with Adrian Durham but caught a bit of talksport in my drive home earlier. They were talking about fixture congestion and all the players and managers who complain about it. The gist of his point was, I see where they're coming from but next season why not take a sizeable pay cut and then knock back the extra money from the broadcasters? 

Have to say he's got a point. BT and Sky pay handsomely for those fixtures and the players are happy to negotiate huge contracts against those broadcasting deals but then complain about fulfilling the fixtures. 

Also last time I checked they have 25 man squads. No one is forcing managers to play the same 11 when games are only 48 hours apart. 

• Like 2