BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

I do think that is too easy to get fixated with how much the best footballers earn and go down the "they should get on with it on that money" but it means that there is a bit of tunnel vision being used.

I don't get what benefit playing 2 games within 48 hours has to anyone and I think people are justified to question it. It puts the players at risk of injury and for entertainment purposes, isn't it better to space the games out to allow reasonable time to rest and recuperate to see the best players more often?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I do think that is too easy to get fixated with how much the best footballers earn and go down the "they should get on with it on that money" but it means that there is a bit of tunnel vision being used.

I don't get what benefit playing 2 games within 48 hours has to anyone and I think people are justified to question it. It puts the players at risk of injury and for entertainment purposes, isn't it better to space the games out to allow reasonable time to rest and recuperate to see the best players more often?

the games come thick and fast at Christmas because they chose to sell a packet of games over Christmas to amazon to earn  more money

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Newcastle/Everton off tomorrow

Two of their best players in Wilson and ASM pick up knocks and surprise surprise, they have a covid outbreak.

"Can we please postpone the game till we've spent 100 odd million on new signings guv?"

This is getting ridiculous now, teams are clearly abusing the system.

They either need to do a complete circuit breaker stop to all football or put some hard rules in place to stop clubs manipulating things in their favour (which every club will do given the chance).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Newcastle/Everton off tomorrow

And so the Geordie top two main players get injuries and then suddenly their next game gets postponed...absolute bollox is this,some teams are clearly abusing the covid excuse!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silas said:

Two of their best players in Wilson and ASM pick up knocks and surprise surprise, they have a covid outbreak.

"Can we please postpone the game till we've spent 100 odd million on new signings guv?"

This is getting ridiculous now, teams are clearly abusing the system.

They either need to do a complete circuit breaker stop to all football or put some hard rules in place to stop clubs manipulating things in their favour (which every club will do given the chance).

Get an FA member of staff or someone independent to go in and do the tests at each club. Letting the PL clubs do it themselves leaves it open to abuse 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very enjoyable game between Leicester and Liverpool. 

Very good game. One team looked like they'd played 48 hours ago and one team looked like they'd had a decent break. I hope someone makes this point to Jurgen Klopp when he moans about the fixture list. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

It’s a farce this, again a team with a couple of big injuries in the first team suddenly have a game off, just so happens to be a team who will likely spend big in a weeks time so will have a totally different squad available for the new fixture

• Like 1

The guidance is far too vague to start with. It says they should only use u23 players with 'appropriate experience'. Who the hell is judging the levels of experience required?

Newcastle without ASM and Wilson would be pretty dire, much like Everton without DCL and Richarlison would have been vs Burnley. 

It's quite simple, you don't field a team you forfeit 3 points. See how many cry off with covid then....

• Like 7

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Get an FA member of staff or someone independent to go in and do the tests at each club. Letting the PL clubs do it themselves leaves it open to abuse 

Lot of manpower and money to sort though.

Just change the rules for rest of season. Double squads to 50, include all the u23's etc. If you don't field a team it's a 3-0 loss. Same rule for everyone. 

People scream it's unfair if a club has a covid outbreak, but it's also the same for injuries. 

It's unfair on us to lose Dack for 2 years, Liverpool Van Dyke a year etc

But you've just got to play the cards your dealt sometimes. 

The top 2 divisions could definitely cope with that format. League 1 and 2 I'm not so sure.

37 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

It's would have to be PL member of staff. The FA have nothing to do with the Premier League..

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Very good game. One team looked like they'd played 48 hours ago and one team looked like they'd had a decent break. I hope someone makes this point to Jurgen Klopp when he moans about the fixture list. 

I wish the premier league would ask Klopp at the beginning of the season when he would like to play so we don't have to listen to him moaning all season

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Don't usually agree with Adrian Durham but caught a bit of talksport in my drive home earlier. They were talking about fixture congestion and all the players and managers who complain about it. The gist of his point was, I see where they're coming from but next season why not take a sizeable pay cut and then knock back the extra money from the broadcasters? 

Have to say he's got a point. BT and Sky pay handsomely for those fixtures and the players are happy to negotiate huge contracts against those broadcasting deals but then complain about fulfilling the fixtures. 

Also last time I checked they have 25 man squads. No one is forcing managers to play the same 11 when games are only 48 hours apart. 

Nail on head.

This was basically my point last night about PL managers which was wrongly perceived to be an attack on foreign managers. As it happens they tend to be the most vociferous about the fixture list as they hail from Countries with smaller Leagues though.

They just don't get it. They are so handsomely rewarded because in this Country they're expected to fulfill a certain schedule. If they're prepared to do that, best of luck to them they've earned every penny.

If they aren't, fair enough but take the corresponding drop in salary. Wonder if they'd be quite as vociferous then?

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nail on head.

This was basically my point last night about PL managers which was wrongly perceived to be an attack on foreign managers. As it happens they tend to be the most vociferous about the fixture list as they hail from Countries with smaller Leagues though.

They just don't get it. They are so handsomely rewarded because in this Country they're expected to fulfill a certain schedule. If they're prepared to do that, best of luck to them they've earned every penny.

If they aren't, fair enough but take the corresponding drop in salary. Wonder if they'd be quite as vociferous then?

But why in general are fixtures scheeuled within 48 hours of each other? Its illogical as it means that all teams either play weakened teams or risk injuries all under the guise of "tradition." Why cant those fixtures be spread out by a day or 2 extra, it benefits even the supporters who get to watch the best players avoiding injuries and/or weakened teams being played?

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's would have to be PL member of staff. The FA have nothing to do with the Premier League..

No it wouldn’t, the FA are the governing body of the English game, why do the FA suspend, charge PL players with misconduct etc, if that league has ‘nothing to do with the FA’?

Edited by Mattyblue

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But why in general are fixtures scheeuled within 48 hours of each other? Its illogical as it means that all teams either play weakened teams or risk injuries all under the guise of "tradition." Why cant those fixtures be spread out by a day or 2 extra, it benefits even the supporters who get to watch the best players avoiding injuries and/or weakened teams being played?

no they cant because they where sold as a package to amazon for more money

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The football schedule has always been like this over the Christmas and New Year. Where you played to 3 to 4 games within 10/12 days. The clubs don't reject the cash tho made from the TV deals when they are done tho? I have zero sympathy for these clubs who managers are complaining given that they how our footballing season structure is and given the size of the squad and money they have spend on them. They should be more than able to cope with a few games in a 10 days period. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The football schedule has always been like this over the Christmas and New Year. Where you played to 3 to 4 games within 10/12 days. The clubs don't reject the cash tho made from the TV deals when they are done tho? I have zero sympathy for these clubs who managers are complaining given that they how our footballing season structure is and given the size of the squad and money they have spend on them. They should be more than able to cope with a few games in a 10 days period. 

You again are not directly addressing my points. My question is, why do we have 2 games within 48 hours, who does that benefit? Playing games so close to one another is proven to put players at serious risk of muscular injury. Even for the supporters or even those watching on TV, surely it makes sense to spread them out, otherwise by the 28th you have massively changed teams, and surely we would rather watch teams play their best players and with adequate rest to witness a better spectacle?

Merely using the word "tradition" or the phrase "it has always been like this" does not mean it cannot be questioned. 

Its clear that if its keep as it is or reject it and "bugger off to your own country" if you dont like it, managers will choose the former but it doesn't need to be as black and white as that. Why not adequately space the games out, why can that not be asked/questioned?

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You again are not directly addressing my points. My question is, why do we have 2 games within 48 hours, who does that benefit? Playing games so close to one another is proven to put players at serious risk of muscular injury. Even for the supporters or even those watching on TV, surely it makes sense to spread them out, otherwise by the 28th you have massively changed teams, and surely we would rather watch teams play their best players and with adequate rest to witness a better spectacle?

it only become a problem recently when certain managers have started moaning and complaining about the festive schedule. Why has it become such a problem now given that's these teams have 25 man squad and these squad built have cost millions of pounds to assemble. Are you really telling these players can play 2 games with 3/4 days? Liverpool were awful yesterday and Leicester was superb despite playing 2 days before had. Tuchel has complain about the schedule despite the 2 days gap between playing on 26th and next game against Brentford tonight. So why doesn't he moan and complain about the schedule when its a Champions League on the Wednesday after playing a Premier League on Sunday like when they played Leicester on 20th November then played Juventus on 23rd November? or when they Newcastle on 30th October then Malmo on 2nd November? or When they Malmo on 20th October then Norwich on 23rd October? it is cos they won all these games convincedly? Now his Chelsea team are struggling with form and performances he is panic mood and trying to blame our footballing schedule?

Also the clubs CEO/owners don't moan when the TV revenue is coming in. 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its clear that if its keep as it is or reject it and "bugger off to your own country" if you dont like it, managers will choose the former but it doesn't need to be as black and white as that. Why not adequately space the games out, why can that not be asked/questioned?

suggest you look at the point about when Champions league are played 3 days after Premier League game? 

also if our footballing schedule is too far much for coaching ability and he can't cope then quit and go to a country where there is less games and winter break. 

these coaches are all very quick to take the money when offered these clubs and they are fully aware of the footballing schedule. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

it only become a problem recently when certain managers have started moaning and complaining about the festive schedule. Why has it become such a problem now given that's these teams have 25 man squad and these squad built have cost millions of pounds to assemble. Are you really telling these players can play 2 games with 3/4 days? Liverpool were awful yesterday and Leicester was superb despite playing 2 days before had. Tuchel has complain about the schedule despite the 2 days gap between playing on 26th and next game against Brentford tonight. So why doesn't he moan and complain about the schedule when its a Champions League on the Wednesday after playing a Premier League on Sunday like when they played Leicester on 20th November then played Juventus on 23rd November? it is cos they won both games convincedly? 

Also the clubs CEO/owners don't moan when the TV revenue is coming in. 

suggest you look at the point about when Champions league are played 3 days after Premier League game? 

also if our footballing schedule is too far much for coaching ability and he can't cope then quit and go to a country where there is less games and winter break. 

Some teams played on the 26th and 28th, so within 48 hours. It has been proven that playing with such little rest in between puts players at high risk of injury. I dont think it benefits anyone to have potentially increased injuries or heavily rotated squads for anyone, there should not be games within 48 hours of each other. If tradition was strong enough of an argument to never question things then we would still play on Christmas Day, a change to tradition that came well before these pesky greedy foreigners came over.

You arent addressing my point which is a common theme for you so just leave it there.