BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

If a Premiership football club can’t control its players, can’t put a side together to play a Premiership match they should forfeit the match.

They go to training, eat, get tested, play football and pick up wages in excess of £100k a week, how the hell are they getting covid? 

Not giving a toss that’s how.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

If a Premiership football club can’t control its players, can’t put a side together to play a Premiership match they should forfeit the match.

They go to training, eat, get tested, play football and pick up wages in excess of £100k a week, how the hell are they getting covid? 

Yep. Should ban them from seeing their kids and their family as well. 😄

On a serious note I think the next few weeks are going to be rough for this.

Edited by Hasta

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

it`s a virus,i don`t think it hovers around deciding who to infect

• Moderation Lead

I might be wrong on this, but I’m sure the league were saying that games are called off if teams have less than 14 available players. I can understand that an outbreak at Watford would be quite damaging, but Man United must have had a hell of a lot of cases to be calling it off!

• Like 2

Called off late, Watford in the ground apparently and in the hotel last night. And this after the PL said they wouldn’t call anymore games off and denied Leicester a postponement. Just annoyed because I fancied us tonight for some bizarre reason.

All that said maybe this is the wake up call needed about just how transmissible this new variant is? I can see a two week break being called.

That penalty and second yellow in the Arsenal-West Ham game was a dreadful decision. They mentioned the follow through but there was none.

From what I've seen follow through normally refers to if a player wins the ball but, say, his studs are up and ends up catching his opponent dangerously. Here there was literally 'contact' (hate that word but fits here) after Coufal clearly took the ball. Terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Called off late, Watford in the ground apparently and in the hotel last night. And this after the PL said they wouldn’t call anymore games off and denied Leicester a postponement. Just annoyed because I fancied us tonight for some bizarre reason.

All that said maybe this is the wake up call needed about just how transmissible this new variant is? I can see a two week break being called.

This game won’t be last one to be called off I’m afraid. We’ve got a tough few weeks ahead. Surely Watford won’t be able to play at the weekend now ?

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Bet footballers are rubbing their hands. Christmas day meal with their families.  Whilst being paid 100,000 a week. Footballers should be forfeit of Christmas.  Its a day for people with real jobs

What a bizarre mindset. Does earning a high wage render spending time with your family to be less important? Its hardly as if players are using it as an excuse, they will be forced to test regularly and with the virus so rife and the rules stating that you need to isolate for 10 days if you catch it, the probablility is that as we are seeing, a number of players will have it just as im sure a number of posters on here will have it.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What a bizarre mindset. Does earning a high wage render spending time with your family to be less important? Its hardly as if players are using it as an excuse, they will be forced to test regularly and with the virus so rife and the rules stating that you need to isolate for 10 days if you catch it, the probablility is that as we are seeing, a number of players will have it just as im sure a number of posters on here will have it.

I don't think footballers should get the same privileges as normal working folk. They are privileged enough.  Do normal folk get to go on a getaway mid work season? Most people with real jobs can't even afford a holiday in the summer yet these players and their families get first class accommodation in swanky hotels.  Not getting Christmas off for them is one of the few perks of being 'an everyday worker '

Edited by roverandout

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I don't think footballers should get the same privileges as normal working folk. They are privileged enough.  Do normal folk get to go on a getaway mid work season? Most people with real jobs can't even afford a holiday in the summer yet these players and their families get first class accommodation in swanky hotels.  Not getting Christmas off for them is one of the few perks of being 'an everyday worker '

At Christmas a footballer cannot indulge over Christmas, often will have to train on Christmas Day and stop in a hotel that night with their team mates.

What do you propose to further remove their supposed "privileges" at Christmas? 

And are you implying that they have any control in the situation with games being called off due to Covid, ensuring that they have more scope to relax at Christmas? I don't understand your point.

53 minutes ago, roverandout said:

So we need to ban Christmas for celebrities, retired self-made millionaires, and anyone else with money? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

At Christmas a footballer cannot indulge over Christmas, often will have to train on Christmas Day and stop in a hotel that night with their team mates.

And are you implying that they have any control in the situation with games being called off due to Covid, ensuring that they have more scope to relax at Christmas? I don't understand your point.

Point is footballers will be jumping for joy games being called off.  It just irks me that players get best of both worlds 

19 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I might be wrong on this, but I’m sure the league were saying that games are called off if teams have less than 14 available players. I can understand that an outbreak at Watford would be quite damaging, but Man United must have had a hell of a lot of cases to be calling it off!

Do Premier League teams still not have to nominate  and choose from a squad of 25 though like in the Championship or are the rules different there?

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And are you implying that they have a control in the situation with games being called off due to Covid, ensuring that they have more scope to relax at Christmas? I don't understand your point.

Many people work over Christmas, if it's part of your job, you do it.  No big deal. 

• Like 2

Just now, DeeCee said:

Many people work over Christmas, if it's part of your job, you do it.  No big deal. 

Footballers very much included.

I don't think that players should feel hard done by, of course not, but the idea that they are unfair beneficiaries of Covid based cancellations is not right.

One thing that you would say to go off on a tangent slightly is that footballers who earn enough solely from football are very much in a minority, with so many more failing to get there, and even more so when you consider the few on 10s/100s of thousands a week. These are very much at the top of their trade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Celebrities millionaires earn their money more than players 

Do they? Some 'celebs' earn their money from becoming bloggers - doing nowt for their money. And i hihgly doubt even proper celebs like actors and actresses have to work as physcially hard as footballers.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Footballers very much included.

I don't think that players should feel hard done by, of course not, but the idea that they are unfair beneficiaries of Covid based cancellations is not right.

One thing that you would say to go off on a tangent slightly is that footballers who earn enough solely from football are very much in a minority, with so many more failing to get there, and even more so when you consider the few on 10s/100s of thousands a week. These are very much at the top of their trade.

Plus the fact their career is far shorter than most.