BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Jonjo Shelvey also displaying the two sides to his game. Immense technical ability for the goal - almost passing it into the goal from distance - and a terrible back pass to give Liverpool one. Regardless of his ability, he is, as far as I can tell, a liability in the Premier League - especially, in the crucial deep playmaker role. And, if Wikipedia is correct, he's only scored 15 goals in 169 appearances for Newcastle which is shocking for someone who can strike a ball like him and isn't afraid to have a go.

Edit: If being harsh, Shelvey also turned his back on the TAA strike but given how hard it was hit, unfair to blame anyone for taking evasive action.

Without knowing that much about the area or club, it seems that the  local scrutiny and attention of being a Newcastle player or staff member is almost uniquely corrosive. I feel what they need is a Sean Dyche to counter the self-delusion.

Edited by riverholmes

17 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Jonjo Shelvey also displaying the two sides to his game. Immense technical ability for the goal - almost passing it into the goal from distance - and a terrible back pass to give Liverpool one. Regardless of his ability, he is, as far as I can tell, a liability in the Premier League - especially, in the crucial deep playmaker role. And, if Wikipedia is correct, he's only scored 15 goals in 169 appearances for Newcastle which is shocking for someone who can strike a ball like him and isn't afraid to have a go.

Edit: If being harsh, Shelvey also turned his back on the TAA strike but given how hard it was hit, unfair to blame anyone for taking evasive action.

Without knowing that much about the area or club, it seems that the  local scrutiny and attention of being a Newcastle player or staff member is almost uniquely corrosive. I feel what they need is a Sean Dyche to counter the self-delusion.

A good few on here were championing him as England's saviour before the last World Cup. He has never been good enough, and although he has ability he doesn't look like he can sustain a level of play is consistent enough. 

I think that the referee was quite right to let play go on for Liverpool's first. Howe was going ape as Hayden was lying down holding his head. He said that play should have been stopped.

If you ask me Hayden tried to pull a fast one to get play stopped. I don't think that he banged his head. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

A good few on here were championing him as England's saviour before the last World Cup. He has never been good enough, and although he has ability he doesn't look like he can sustain a level of play is consistent enough. 

I think that the referee was quite right to let play go on for Liverpool's first. Howe was going ape as Hayden was lying down holding his head. He said that play should have been stopped.

If you ask me Hayden tried to pull a fast one to get play stopped. I don't think that he banged his head. 

Unless the Toon player has eyes in his arse he had no idea what was happening in play. He had collided and fallen before the move developed, was on the ground with his back to play.

If it had happened in the Liverpool area to one of their players the goal would have been disallowed.

Shelvey is and always has been of PL quality, his image doesn't suit some.

34 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Unless the Toon player has eyes in his arse he had no idea what was happening in play. He had collided and fallen before the move developed, was on the ground with his back to play.

If it had happened in the Liverpool area to one of their players the goal would have been disallowed.

Shelvey is and always has been of PL quality, his image doesn't suit some.

But I think that Hayden was faking it. He was out of position, on the ground, and thought how do I make the best of this? Watch the replays and see how quickly he goes for his head and lies down.

As K-Hod said, I don't doubt his ability, it's his mental capacity to thrive that I question. Thus he's not good enough for England.

Villa v Burnley called off, not fair on fans to have cancellations so late. Only one game in the Premier League today. There is a real dilemma now, a circuit breaker could work perhaps in tandem with a countrywide one but covid will still be around in a week or 2 and besides, the schedule is already tight as it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Villa v Burnley called off, not fair on fans to have cancellations so late. Only one game in the Premier League today. There is a real dilemma now, a circuit breaker could work perhaps in tandem with a countrywide one but covid will still be around in a week or 2 and besides, the schedule is already tight as it is.

My worry now is we are missing playing teams ‘around us’ who could well strengthen in January - and we don’t have the money. We could even be weakened by approaches from money bags Newcastle.

Not sure we will play now until Leeds on the 3rd of Jan.

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

My worry now is we are missing playing teams ‘around us’ who could well strengthen in January - and we don’t have the money. We could even be weakened by approaches from money bags Newcastle.

What games take place in the immediate future is all in the lap of the gods now. To be honest I think a “ firebreak “ makes sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It's incredible the contempt which is given to football fans. I have total empathy with fans of Villa and Burnley many of whom would have been travelling to the game when they found out it was off. Why on earth the tests for the players couldn't have been done earlier on Friday so the results were in sooner this morning I just don't know. And the galling thing is there no recompense for fans who are out of pocket because of this farce.

• Like 2

Some weird officiating today in the Spurs game. Thought the original decision of a yellow for Robertson was correct. Kane's challenge was way worse imo and merited a red.

Not sure how the Dele Ali incident wasn't a penalty either. He went over easily but the defender had no chance whatsoever of getting the ball and pushed Ali full square in the back with the intention of fouling him or putting him off.

I don't know if it's just me, but why is VAR glossing over penalty decisions that are against Liverpool? They don't even bother checking some of them.

Winks was fouled on the edge of the box, may have been inside even, nothing doing. Alli was clearly pushed in the back but nothing happens. There was an incident in the Newcastle game, a potential penalty for Newcastle brushed aside. Another at Old Trafford, if I remember rightly, not even looked at.

Kane should have been sent off, so it doesn't always go for them, but it is noticeable in relation to penalty decisions.

The game itself was entertaining to watch, end to end stuff.

Spurs VS Liverpool game was a fantastic game of football full of excitement and some good performances by both set of players. 

Didn't think Kane was a red card and thought Robertson's sending off was wrong IMO. Yellow card at best. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Newcastle 3 or 4 quality signings in January including a quality right back, centre back, centre midfield and forward. 

It appears that Tripper will be Newcastle first signing in January. Been linked with a loan move for Martial from Man Utd who wants to leave there. Still think Jesse Lingard should be top Midfield top. 

Also think Howe need to move to play 4-3-3 if he can sign Lingard and Tripper to get the best out of them and get them enough results to stay up.