BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Assume they must have someone lined up. 

Not sure they do. Webber statement is interesting

Inside story of Daniel Farke's Norwich City dismissal | Eastern Daily Press (edp24.co.uk)

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What, after they won today ? Strange, that must have been planned before today.

This very much the case

Edited by chaddyrovers

Football’s a funny old game, eh? I’ve just watched the highlights of the dingles game at Chelsea on MotD and (whilst I know it’s dangerous to judge on 6/7 minutes of highlights) it looked almost as poor a performance from them as ours on Wednesday. Chelsea were absolutely dominant, getting in at will and had numerous clear cut chances to score (25 shots, 70% possession), the only difference was, whereas Fulham were clinical, Chelsea were wasteful in the extreme. And then one chance gets taken and has the fans hailing their team rather than demanding apologies. Like I say, a funny old game!

3 hours ago, DaveyB said:

Football’s a funny old game, eh? I’ve just watched the highlights of the dingles game at Chelsea on MotD and (whilst I know it’s dangerous to judge on 6/7 minutes of highlights) it looked almost as poor a performance from them as ours on Wednesday. Chelsea were absolutely dominant, getting in at will and had numerous clear cut chances to score (25 shots, 70% possession), the only difference was, whereas Fulham were clinical, Chelsea were wasteful in the extreme. And then one chance gets taken and has the fans hailing their team rather than demanding apologies. Like I say, a funny old game!

Wasteful, not sure, Burnley defending exceptionally, obviously rode their look, but they threw themsleves in front of everything 

4 hours ago, DaveyB said:

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wasteful, not sure, Burnley defending exceptionally, obviously rode their look, but they threw themsleves in front of everything 

25 shots indeed - only 4 on target. Of course when we go to a club like Chelsea built on billions we ride our luck but, as pointed out, we defended resolutely and in the main successfully. Defending is still part of the game. As for possession, you don’t get bonus goals for it, it’s a meaningless stat - and didn’t Chelsea win the Champions League final with about 20% possession? I’m not claiming we deserved anything from the game but we did work damn hard.

Just on demanding apologies, we expected a thumping. As I said earlier I regarded 2-0 or less as a decent result for us. Our manager is under no pressure - well maybe a few weird fans on the inter web but nothing serious.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It quite sickening.  Rovers are a far bigger club than boro yet they have greater ambition.  Either venkys need to piss off or pull their finger out

Would you have Smith...?  Another one just become free

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

• Backroom

I don't know enough about the situation at Villa to comment. It seems harsh from the outside but judging from the Villa forums they seem to accept it was the right decision, albeit they all seem to be pretty sad that it didn't work out. Not too dissimilar to how the reaction would probably have been to Mowbray's departure if it had been confirmed 18 months ago.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

25 shots indeed - only 4 on target. Of course when we go to a club like Chelsea built on billions we ride our luck but, as pointed out, we defended resolutely and in the main successfully. Defending is still part of the game. As for possession, you don’t get bonus goals for it, it’s a meaningless stat - and didn’t Chelsea win the Champions League final with about 20% possession? I’m not claiming we deserved anything from the game but we did work damn hard.

Just on demanding apologies, we expected a thumping. As I said earlier I regarded 2-0 or less as a decent result for us. Our manager is under no pressure - well maybe a few weird fans on the inter web but nothing serious.

Like I said Chelsea were wasteful. Obviously I didn’t see the whole game, and I’ve already said it’s dangerous to judge just from the limited MotD highlights, but from what I did see Chelsea got themselves into some exceptionally good positions and had a number of chances that, on another day, they would expect to take. 
And just to put the stats into perspective, Chelsea created more chances, had more shots and had more possession against you than they did against Norwich, and than Fulham did against us, both of which ended as 7-0 results. 

But it wasn’t meant as a dig at Burnley, or to put Dyche or the players down in any way, just an observation really that there is often a very fine line between a good day and a bad day, and whether your luck is in or out can sometimes be the difference between a good result and a hiding 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

Like I said Chelsea were wasteful. Obviously I didn’t see the whole game, and I’ve already said it’s dangerous to judge just from the limited MotD highlights, but from what I did see Chelsea got themselves into some exceptionally good positions and had a number of chances that, on another day, they would expect to take. 
And just to put the stats into perspective, Chelsea created more chances, had more shots and had more possession against you than they did against Norwich, and than Fulham did against us, both of which ended as 7-0 results. 

But it wasn’t meant as a dig at Burnley, or to put Dyche or the players down in any way, just an observation really that there is often a very fine line between a good day and a bad day, and whether your luck is in or out can sometimes be the difference between a good result and a hiding 

Lukaku and Werner being missing is handy also.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I don't know enough about the situation at Villa to comment. It seems harsh from the outside but judging from the Villa forums they seem to accept it was the right decision, albeit they all seem to be pretty sad that it didn't work out. Not too dissimilar to how the reaction would probably have been to Mowbray's departure if it had been confirmed 18 months ago.

Sold their best player , very rarely ends well...

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1