BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

• Backroom
12 hours ago, Mike E said:

I think it's simpler than that. As an independent, and potentially influential, pundit he's reluctant to advocate for anyone losing their job.

C'mon Mike, that's all very noble but we aren't talking about P45ing factory workers here barely covering their mortgage or rent payments. 

We're talking about people being handed big fat cheques like Bruce's £8 million. 

We would call that winning the lottery.

But obviously, we're very different to them. Which matters. 

Different jobs matter too. I wouldn't ask the greengrocer to run into the burning building, but I would the firefighter.

And I expect my pundits not to shy away from an honest opinion. What happens if Utd lose the next 3 matches against Spurs, Atalanta, and City. Not impossible. Is Gary still gonna be there saying give him the full season? Because we would all know that to be complete bollocks. 

• Like 4

On 26/10/2021 at 20:19, Cherry Blue said:

David Raya will be out for 4 - 5 months with left knee ligament damage following a knock towards the end of the game v Leicester.

I'm sorry to hear that. I recall he got a bad injury at Rovers when meant he needed nose reconstruction surgery after a sickening collision, a few years ago. 

On another note, Jason Steele played for Brighton in their league cup loss on penalties to Leicester. He had a poor game, it seems, though, it might be harsh to fault him too much here as I think he rarely plays. However, he seems to have a charmed life as a goalkeeper, as his standard has not been particularly impressive for years.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 19:18, Silas said:

You can't be all nicey nicey- "I would never call for manager to be sacked, that's someone's livelihood..." etc etc

Which is odd because as Carragher (I think?) pointed out to him. He will sit there and say "[player] is not good enough to play for Manchester United" or "we need a clear out and to get a new defender/midfielder/forward in."

He would call for a player on a horrendous run of form to be dropped or possibly even replaced if he was unlikely to ever turn it around yet somehow the same doesn't apply to the manager? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Which is odd because as Carragher (I think?) pointed out to him. He will sit there and say "[player] is not good enough to play for Manchester United" or "we need a clear out and to get a new defender/midfielder/forward in."

He would call for a player on a horrendous run of form to be dropped or possibly even replaced if he was unlikely to ever turn it around yet somehow the same doesn't apply to the manager? 

I'm sure that it has a lot to do with him being mates with Solskjaer. I also reckon that down to his ego that he's more likely to advocate for players to be dropped as can back that up with his record, whereas his only stint as a manager was an absolute disaster on all fronts so if he does call for a sacking he opens himself up to being criticized.

I'd give Solskjaer a 10 year contract. He's not a top manager so I'd like to enjoy watching Man U false dawns for years to come. I  spoke to a Man U supporting mate of mine. He was of the opinion, as I'm sure many of them are, that the Glazer's aren't bothered about winning, only revenue generation. As long as they make it past the Champs League group stages and perform well enough in cups the money train will keep on rolling. 

I read today that all signs point to Pogba leaving on a free in the summer. Man U want him to stay, but I don't know why. He has continually underperformed.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm sure that it has a lot to do with him being mates with Solskjaer. I also reckon that down to his ego that he's more likely to advocate for players to be dropped as can back that up with his record, whereas his only stint as a manager was an absolute disaster on all fronts so if he does call for a sacking he opens himself up to being criticized.

I'd give Solskjaer a 10 year contract. He's not a top manager so I'd like to enjoy watching Man U false dawns for years to come. I  spoke to a Man U supporting mate of mine. He was of the opinion, as I'm sure many of them are, that the Glazer's aren't bothered about winning, only revenue generation. As long as they make it past the Champs League group stages and perform well enough in cups the money train will keep on rolling. 

I read today that all signs point to Pogba leaving on a free in the summer. Man U want him to stay, but I don't know why. He has continually underperformed.

I don't get the hate for the glazers so much. They may make a profit from the club but they've not exactly cut the purse strings. Over £1bn spent on the squad since fergie left I believe. How it has been spent can possibly be criticised but is that the glazers or is that the manager / whatever Woodward role is? 

They've signed some duds but ultimately the squad assembled is actually pretty class. If the glazers aim is to get man utd past the group stages of CL that's pretty good. Once you're in the knockout phases you've got every chance of winning it. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Sponsorships, merch, etc... it's been a while since what was happening on the pitch was #1 priority at Man Utd.

• Backroom
21 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Good point, never thought about the player angle. I remember when he called David Luiz "..someone being controlled by a 10 year old on a playstation". 😂

Anyway, Darren Lewis nailed it for me last night on Talksport (first 2 mins of link):

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1635444000/1635449400/

When Man Utd fan Hugh Woozencroft said he was going to "..plead the Gary Neville" and refuse to call for Ole's head, Darren's response was:

"There's a distinction between baiting managers and being a baying mob, and basically doing our job, which is to assess a football team, and say is the guy in charge of that football team doing his job? We can all sit on the sidelines and say 'Oh we want to be polite, we don't want to say this or say that'. But every week we are seeing one of the biggest clubs in the Country.. (fail)...and we're gonna to sit here and say we shouldn't say the truth because someone might lose their job."

👏👏👏

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Spurs were pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if their manager is next to go.

Kane was a disgrace really. How did he leave him on

Should have sold him in the summer and put that money into other areas of the team. It was obvious his heart wasn't going to be in it this season after he made it so blatantly clear he wanted to move on.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Should have sold him in the summer and put that money into other areas of the team. It was obvious his heart wasn't going to be in it this season after he made it so blatantly clear he wanted to move on.

Very unprofessional. The manager shouldn't be starting him. 

I wonder will city still be interested 

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is still a world class striker and although the questions about his application are understandable, the standard and performance of his team mates and the tactics of a manager not fit for purpose are not helping to get the best from him.

As I said, should have sold him in the summer. He just isn't motivated at all. Not saying I agree with his attitude, for the record, but that's modern football for you. It's the same with Pogba at United. He's wanted out for at least a couple of years and it shows in his performances. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He is still a world class striker and although the questions about his application are understandable, the standard and performance of his team mates and the tactics of a manager not fit for purpose are not helping to get the best from him.

He looks miles from world class at the moment and whilst they look disjointed and not bought into the managers tactics, the few times Kane got on the ball ,his output was very poor.