BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Ole surely needs to go. But I don't think he will.

Not as though there are plenty of good options to come in. The two obvious ones are Zidane and Conte but both carry risks.

Other than that there aren't many top class managers on the market.

36 minutes ago, DE. said:

You'd imagine this is it for Ole. Even if they get a couple back and it ends 4-2 that first half was a sackable offence in of itself. 

Well it appears that Ole will be staying if what Gary Neville was saying on commentary is correct. 

Personally I would stick with him and allow him to build this team. Sancho should be in this team..

The top 3 will be Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool in that order. Man United and Leicester fighting for 4th. Spurs and Everton aren't top quality yet

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The two obvious ones are Zidane and Conte but both carry risks.

Zidane only managed Real Madrid. 

Conte management style and tactics don't suit the players there. They had 2 high profile managers and neither ended well apart from spending stupid amount of money on awful players

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well it appears that Ole will be staying if what Gary Neville was saying on commentary is correct. 

Personally I would stick with him and allow him to build this team. Sancho should be in this team..

The top 3 will be Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool in that order. Man United and Leicester fighting for 4th. Spurs and Everton aren't top quality yet

He's been there since 2018, so he's had plenty of time to build a team that doesn't get destroyed 5-0 at home by the club's biggest rivals tbf.

But I agree, hope Ole stays there for another 3 years at least.

United are lucky Liverpool took it easy (or easier) once Pogba got sent off. Could have been 8 or 9 if they'd stepped it up a gear at any point in the second half. Salah looked visibly annoyed that his team mates weren't going for more, as I'm sure he knows he could have had another two or three at least. Can't really blame Liverpool for seeing the game out though, no point risking injury or expending any more energy than necessary considering the scoreline. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Absolutely glorious scenes.

Commentators mentioning Ferguson losing 6-1 at home to City, which obviously wasn’t a good day, but Christ, the guy had twenty years’ credit in the bank where he won plenty. 

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Zidane only managed Real Madrid. 

Conte management style and tactics don't suit the players there. They had 2 high profile managers and neither ended well apart from spending stupid amount of money on awful players

I'm not sure why 'only' managing Real Madrid to incredible success over 4 years is an issue. 

Of course there's the unknown as to whether he could replicate that at a different club or one in a country he hasn't worked in before but that will only be answered when someone tries it.

At one stage Guardiola had 'only' managed Barcelona. Didn't turn out too badly did it?

Conte is an incredible manager and would be able to adapt his tactics to the situation. He is high maintenance as he has every right to be with his CV and won't be made a fool of. I think this might be an issue for United as Conte will expect backing to win trophies immediately and I'm not sure they will provide that which was kind of the reason Mourinho fell out with them because they wouldn't sign the players he wanted.

Other than those two there are very few proven world class managers around who are either available or would jump ship to United now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Ole surely needs to go. But I don't think he will.

Not as though there are plenty of good options to come in. The two obvious ones are Zidane and Conte but both carry risks.

Other than that there aren't many top class managers on the market.

Once Liverpool hit the 5th, I text a Utd supporting mate and said it must be OGS last game.

Tried to think of a replacement and the only 2 names I came up with were Zidane and Conte.

They'd be mental to stick with OGS and not go for a guy like Conte, even if he does demand a decent backing.

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't fathom how you could think that he should keep his job. The problems with the team are blatant symptoms of a poorly coached team, badly organised, not good off the ball, not working hard enough etc.

Why would fighting for a last Champions League spot with Leicester be in anyway acceptable when they finished 2nd last season and as well as the big money deal for Sancho they signed Ronaldo and Varane this summer, 2 serial winners who are very much for the here and now rather than building for the future? They should be challenging for the title with the money Solskjaer has spent, with the players he has been allowed to bring in and the time he has had.

Neville is having a bit of a shocker on Sky Sports, he has cornered himself with his stance of never suggesting that managers should be sacked and his loyalty to United and his old team mate Solskjaer is creating a bias. Carragher is spot on, just because they have appointed good managers in the past that haven't worked out, it shouldn't mean that they shouldn't strive to get a top class manager going forward. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have probably the 3 best managers around, why should United stick with someone who has a piss poor CV in comparison?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DE. said:

He's been there since 2018, so he's had plenty of time to build a team that doesn't get destroyed 5-0 at home by the club's biggest rivals tbf.

But I agree, hope Ole stays there for another 3 years at least.

Yes he has. But after the Mourinho being there, United was at rock bottom speaking to United fans I know. The fans in the ground weren't chanting for Ole to go at all during the game and they backed their team till the end. 

After signing Rolando, the United expectation was to win the league but they don't have the players to match Man City or Chelsea or Liverpool. 

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not sure why 'only' managing Real Madrid to incredible success over 4 years is an issue. 

Of course there's the unknown as to whether he could replicate that at a different club or one in a country he hasn't worked in before but that will only be answered when someone tries it.

At one stage Guardiola had 'only' managed Barcelona. Didn't turn out too badly did it?

Zidane had the some of the best players in the world and money after money to spend at Real Madrid. Can he done it with these players. 

I would say Guardiola picked the right club to go in Bayern after Barcelona. 

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Conte is an incredible manager and would be able to adapt his tactics to the situation. He is high maintenance as he has every right to be with his CV and won't be made a fool of. I think this might be an issue for United as Conte will expect backing to win trophies immediately and I'm not sure they will provide that which was kind of the reason Mourinho fell out with them because they wouldn't sign the players he wanted.

Other than those two there are very few proven world class managers around who are either available or would jump ship to United now.

Conte is an excellent manager but I don't his management style or tactics suited Manchester players or the fans. They had this with 2 very high profile managers in Van Gaal and Mourinho. Look how that worked out. Spend millions and achieved little success. 

Conte left Juventus and Inter Milan over disagreements over transfers policy and not spending money. 

If you wanted to replace Ole then I would say you got to the end of the season to prove yourself and get top and win a trophy. The 2 names I would look in the summer is PSG's manager Mauricio Pochettino and Ajax's manager Erik Ten Hag if you want to replace Ole. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I can't fathom how you could think that he should keep his job. The problems with the team are blatant symptoms of a poorly coached team, badly organised, not good off the ball, not working hard enough etc.

Why would fighting for a last Champions League spot with Leicester be in anyway acceptable when they finished 2nd last season and as well as the big money deal for Sancho they signed Ronaldo and Varane this summer, 2 serial winners who are very much for the here and now rather than building for the future? They should be challenging for the title with the money Solskjaer has spent, with the players he has been allowed to bring in and the time he has had.

Cos I think they should give him to the end of the season and review the situation. They are 9 games in and barely in mind that Rolando and Varane have only been a couple of months. Despite signing these 3 players I don't feel they can match Man City or Chelsea in terms of quality of players. 

I wouldn't bring in Conte for example for the reasons I have previously highlighted. IU have given you 2 names of managers I would look to replace Ole with in the summer 2022 if needed 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Neville is having a bit of a shocker on Sky Sports, he has cornered himself with his stance of never suggesting that managers should be sacked and his loyalty to United and his old team mate Solskjaer is creating a bias. Carragher is spot on, just because they have appointed good managers in the past that haven't worked out, it shouldn't mean that they shouldn't strive to get a top class manager going forward. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have probably the 3 best managers around, why should United stick with someone who has a piss poor CV in comparison?

I think Gary Neville is spot on exactly and what he says about Mourinho and Van Gaal tenure at the club took the club backwards massively and wasted so much money. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Cos I think they should give him to the end of the season and review the situation. They are 9 games in and barely in mind that Rolando and Varane have only been a couple of months. Despite signing these 3 players I don't feel they can match Man City or Chelsea in terms of quality of players. 

I wouldn't bring in Conte for example for the reasons I have previously highlighted. IU have given you 2 names of managers I would look to replace Ole with in the summer 2022 if needed 

I think Gary Neville is spot on exactly and what he says about Mourinho and Van Gaal tenure at the club took the club backwards massively and wasted so much money. 

Take a step back, why is it considered normal that having finished 2nd last season above Chelsea and Liverpool, that both have surpassed United to the point where they are no longer competitive with them and aren't even part of the title race? Chelsea got a proper manager with a proven track record.

He has had time to build a squad packed full of quality, he spent 80m on Maguire, was it 40m for Wan Bissaka, 60m on Fernandes, 40m on Van De Beek, and now 80m on Sancho and the huge signings of Ronaldo and Varane. He has been there for a few years so why he warrants loads more is a mystery when the team looks so poorly coached. The players they have, they should be expecting to challenge for the title.

They weren't particularly successful although after winning trophies, Mourinho was certainly more successful than Solskjaer. But my point is that Carragher had it right, previous poor choices shouldn't remove the ambition from the club to seek out a top quality manager going forward.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Take a step back, why is it considered normal that having finished 2nd last season above Chelsea and Liverpool, that both have surpassed United to the point where they are no longer competitive with them and aren't even part of the title race? Chelsea got a proper manager with a proven track record.

Tuchel suits the Chelsea squad which is important part of the jigsaw which a Conte or Zidane don't fit the squad or the club. 

I believe Liverpool and Chelsea had better squad last season despite their league positions. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They weren't particularly successful although after winning trophies, Mourinho was certainly more successful than Solskjaer. But my point is that Carragher had it right, previous poor choices shouldn't remove the ambition from the club to seek out a top quality manager going forward.

Maybe look at the mess Mourinho left United in. Neville will know a lot more than we do about that. 

All depends who you would bring in and the best managers who would fit United are employed and unlikely to leave mid season

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tuchel suits the Chelsea squad which is important part of the jigsaw which a Conte or Zidane don't fit the squad or the club. 

I believe Liverpool and Chelsea had better squad last season despite their league positions. 

Maybe look at the mess Mourinho left United in. Neville will know a lot more than we do about that. 

All depends who you would bring in and the best managers who would fit United are employed and unlikely to leave mid season

Hopefully they will keep Solskjaer for many years to allow him to constantly underachieve to my amusement.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully they will keep Solskjaer for many years to allow him to constantly underachieve to my amusement.

Interesting you ignore the points I've made on the last post like the mess Mourinho left there or the next manager fitting the squad there or the club

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Van gaal and mourinho won trophies at United in less time.  Ogs hasn't won anything. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting you ignore the points I've made on the last post like the mess Mourinho left there or the next manager fitting the squad there or the club

Don't worry it only matches you ignoring all of theirs. 

Huge financial backing, a number of years to get it right, bottles a ton of semis and then a final - not sure there can be any complaints that he goes. 

Mind you, I've never thought arseing it up at Cardiff was a particularly good criteria for selecting a manager. Playing and managing are very different as countless examples show. 

All that said as a Rovers fan I would give him a contract for life there. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Van gaal and mourinho won trophies at United in less time.  Ogs hasn't won anything. 

But neither fir the club or what the fans wanted. 

Look or watch Neville's comments about Mourinho and his outbursts he has at every club. It happens at every club

• Backroom

Neville isn't exactly lacking bias when it comes to Solksjaer. Pretty sure he'd have a very different opinion if it wasn't one of his mates in the dugout. Carragher in this instance is correct, United need a better manager than Solksjaer, just like Chelsea needed a better manager than Lampard before Tuchel was appointed and dramatically improved everything almost instantly.

• Like 6