BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

17 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Couldn’t agree more. Everytime I’ve been up to Newcastle the people have been wonderful, friendly. I’d take a northern side over a southern side any day doing well.  Always liked watching them being a 90s kid and like then anything that keeps United off there perch is welcome for me. The human rights stuff is another story but from a simple football point of view I’m all for it .

Eh? I was grateful for the police the last time I went there! Drunken louts trying to get at us.

15 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Exactly but for whatever reason Newcastle fans deserve to be the richest club in the world.

What about clubs like us? 11 years of complete mismanagement completely disregarded. What about the Derby, Bolton, Wigan, Bury fans etc who have been through way more than Newcastle.

Ashley hasnt been a great owner, no disputing that but there are a lot worse out there.

Ashley has done brilliantly for Newcastle.  Its amazing the bollocks coming out the press. Hes helped establish them as an epl club. Spent huge sums of money. Never interfered.  Compared to venkys hes a fecking Saint. Now they have christmas come early.  Its sickening 

Newcastle’s main issue will be getting in a manager with the right pedigree and charisma to get the elite players to the club, and the talent to mould a great team. Such managers are few and far between.

If Newcastle succeed in signing the top players their fans are hoping and expecting, how will the club comply with the FFP rules as slack as they are in the EPL? Everton were limited to spending virtually nothing this summer having spent about £500m in the last 3 years. That's peanuts compared to the spend required to break into the top 4. Part of the motive behind FFPwad to pull up the drawbridge on those outside the existing elite. Toon fans and their club's obnoxious owners will need to very patient as this looks like a minimum 5 year project. However it should get them out of their immediate trouble and pile more pressure on the Dingles 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Cant stand Newcastle fans. One of the last clubs I wanted taken over! 

I know our owners aren't rosy either but how low can you possibly go with Saudi Arabia taking you over...they wouldn't say no to Kim Jong if he had any real money.

• Like 2

My limited view on this is that in general these oil sheiks and oligarchs have and continue to skew the competition. We all often talk about the amazing Leicester win whilst "forgetting" they went bump, didn't pay local contractors and then were bankrolled to success by a billionaire owner. But thats just how it is and we have to accept that.

Where I struggle is the with sport washing of individuals and regimes. Joe Strummer once sang that "if Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limosine anyway". This was in 1978 and things have only got worse since then. More recently Ricky Gervais said "If ISIS started a streaming service, you'd call your agent, wouldn't you?" at the Golden Globes. It is rank hypocrisy and yet another nail in my football support coffin.

As for it making our situation worse, 2 points. Firstly I'm not convinced it does, at least not short term. They have to recruit and then integrate. They might get it right but they aren't likely to go for a Big Sam and I'm not convinced they can get a manager who is a "marquee" appointment AND has it in their locker to turn out a team that will scrap for the results. That said they might decide to take Dyche and that would make it much worse for us. That aside if we can't be better than 3 other teams, regardless of takeovers etc, then we deserve to go down. That is how it works, for now, until the European Super League raises its head again.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Which begs the question, why remove mine and others posts.?

What can I say? I had a change of heart and thought I’d bend the rules, due to some feedback.

You’re welcome.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Am I reading you right longsiders? Even though the likes of Palace and Southampton aren’t interested in Dyche, the sovereign wealth fund of one of the richest regimes on Earth, who are in a sportwashing arms race with Qatar are going to take him?

I would doubt very much if Newcastles next manager will be British. I would guess at Zidane.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Am I reading you right longsiders? Even though the likes of Palace and Southampton aren’t interested in Dyche, the sovereign wealth fund of one of the richest regimes on Earth, who are in a sportwashing arms race with Qatar are going to take him?

Be some marquee appointment that wouldn't it 🤥

One thing I don't really get is why the Saudis have done this as part of a consortium.

I get that Staveley might be the broker who sorted the deal out and brought the Saudis to the table but don't really get the involvement of the Reubens. They are each billionaires in their own right who could have bought the club alone if they had wanted to. So why would either of them want to do it in tandem with others?

For the Saudis they certainly don't need anything off the Reubens. The Reubens will be playing second fiddle to the Saudis with their minor shareholding.  Just seems a strange way to do it for people with a bottomless pit of cash who can do whatever they want.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would doubt very much if Newcastles next manager will be British. I would guess at Zidane.

40 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Be some marquee appointment that wouldn't it 🤥

Now now lads, I mentioned marquee and Dyche in two completely seperate points. No I don't think they will even consider him, what was it big Sam used to say about changing his name to Alladychio? Giovanni Dycio has ring maybe?

They will want a name, no idea who that will be, Conti, Zidane? They might go British for the "story" though? Maybe give Howe a chance with finance, after all he plays pretty football. My point re Dyche is simply taking him would have the biggest, most immediate impact on our season.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

One thing I don't really get is why the Saudis have done this as part of a consortium.

I get that Staveley might be the broker who sorted the deal out and brought the Saudis to the table but don't really get the involvement of the Reubens. They are each billionaires in their own right who could have bought the club alone if they had wanted to. So why would either of them want to do it in tandem with others?

For the Saudis they certainly don't need anything off the Reubens. The Reubens will be playing second fiddle to the Saudis with their minor shareholding.  Just seems a strange way to do it for people with a bottomless pit of cash who can do whatever they want.

I suspect she’s the face that was needed for the fit and proper tests. They’ll claim she’s in charge and their just investors. The PL and EFL fit and proper tests are a sham. 

3 hours ago, rigger said:

i reckon newcastle could easily fall into more chaos if the saudis throw money at them but don`t get the right people in,joe lewis throws loads of money at spurs but it has`nt exactly done much for them on the pitch has it,mainly because he`s got a right **** as chairman i suppose

On 07/10/2021 at 11:53, Mattyblue said:

Because they get 45k crowds. End of.

They are no more ‘passionate’ than any other fanbase. Are they more passionate than the 4,000 watching a club in non league or the Carlisle fans travelling to an away game at Exeter?

The fact they are a one club city, one of only a handful of pro clubs in the whole north east of England doesn’t seem to compute to the media and the lemming football fans that lap it up around the country. Indeed there’s been 10 thousand empty seats most weeks at SJP both this season and in 2019/20.

The REAL hotbed of the game is right here in old Lancashire, twenty odd pro clubs.

They are no different to any other club - apart from their catchment area. That’s the only difference. As you say, their fans deserve no more than anyone else’s fans and a hell of a lot less than others.

If NUFC was situated in Bury, they would become Bury.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, roverandout said:

Ashley has done brilliantly for Newcastle.  Its amazing the bollocks coming out the press. Hes helped establish them as an epl club. Spent huge sums of money. Never interfered.  Compared to venkys hes a fecking Saint. Now they have christmas come early.  Its sickening 

I dare you to post that on a Newcastle forum….

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Giant said:

Newcastle’s main issue will be getting in a manager with the right pedigree and charisma to get the elite players to the club, and the talent to mould a great team. Such managers are few and far between.

It will be very interesting when Bruce is replace as manager. It could be within the next couple of weeks and it appears that they don't have anyone line up. The owners don't need to be listening to any agents who can offer this and that. One of the smartest thing they could do is bring in a experience director of football like Les Ferdinand from QPR or Ross Wilson from Rangers for example and allow him to be part of recruiting their next manager/head coach first

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roverandout said:

Debt free as well.... I've never understood what their problem with him is

• Like 1