BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

14 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I might be in the minority here, but I'm happy for Newcastle. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I've never really disliked them or their fans. I'd much rather see them up there challenging than somebody like Chelsea, for example. If this takeover is making the big boys squirm and feel nervous, good! They need shaking up.

Couldn’t agree more. Everytime I’ve been up to Newcastle the people have been wonderful, friendly. I’d take a northern side over a southern side any day doing well.  Always liked watching them being a 90s kid and like then anything that keeps United off there perch is welcome for me. The human rights stuff is another story but from a simple football point of view I’m all for it .

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Some clubs get everything.  Meanwhile we're stuck with these lot 

It sucks. Fair play to Newcastle etc but seeing us stuck as we are hurts. Imagine 15 years of this lot, which is feasible as it doesn't look like they are going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not even after City or PSG levels of wealthy owners here. Just normal, competent owners who know how football works will do. We aren't moving forward until they sell up.

These are some of the comments I've had from opposition fans recently:

"Aren't Venky's good now?"

"I thought Blackburn fans like Venky's now"

"Don't they spend a lot of money?".

Sigh.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

It sucks. Fair play to Newcastle etc but seeing us stuck as we are hurts. Imagine 15 years of this lot, which is feasible as it doesn't look like they are going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not even after City or PSG levels of wealthy owners here. Just normal, competent owners who know how football works will do. We aren't moving forward until they sell up.

These are some of the comments I've had from opposition fans recently:

"Aren't Venky's good now?"

"I thought Blackburn fans like Venky's now"

"Don't they spend a lot of money?".

Sigh.

Exactly but for whatever reason Newcastle fans deserve to be the richest club in the world.

What about clubs like us? 11 years of complete mismanagement completely disregarded. What about the Derby, Bolton, Wigan, Bury fans etc who have been through way more than Newcastle.

Ashley hasnt been a great owner, no disputing that but there are a lot worse out there.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Exactly but for whatever reason Newcastle fans deserve to be the richest club in the world.

What about clubs like us? 11 years of complete mismanagement completely disregarded. What about the Derby, Bolton, Wigan, Bury fans etc who have been through way more than Newcastle.

Ashley hasnt been a great owner, no disputing that but there are a lot worse out there.

Dumb luck, and a following.

City fell to Emiratis after Thaksin Shinawatra's plan for legitimacy failed.

Abramovich bought Chelsea after they finished 4th.

Fenway Sports nipped in at Liverpool when Hicks and Gillette were found out.

Rovers were lumped with Venkys. Que sera sera. 

I did find this interesting; Seasons in the Top Flight of English Football by Clubs 1888-89 to 2021-22 - My Football Facts

Newcastle have spent 90 years in English football's top flight. The 7th highest. Rovers are 13th.

Last season, the bottom three clubs earned a combined 17 wins, which, I believe, is a record low since the the Premier League has been in its present format, with 20 teams. In the three seasons from 1995-1998, the bottom three clubs were earning around 26/27 combined wins per season. This sharply drops after 1998.

Clearly this measure is limited in what it shows but I think it's a small indicator of where we might be headed, for newly promoted and smaller clubs. There was a 10 year period, between 2005-2015, when this measure started creeping up, reaching 24 wins, in 2013/14. I speculate that this may well have been influenced by a cooling of the financial bubble of football, only for the new wave of owners, such as Sheikh Mansour at City and FSG at Liverpool to come in and the transfer market inflation went rocketing up.

Number of wins for the bottom three clubs in the Premier League (my quick calculations, so accuracy not guaranteed)

2020/21 - 17
2019/20 - 22
2018/19 - 20
2017/18 - 21
2016/17 - 20
2015/16 - 21
2014/15 - 23
2013/14 - 24
2012/13 - 19
2011/12 - 23
2010/11 - 23
2009/10 - 21
2008/09 - 22
2007/08 - 19
2006/07 - 23
2005/06 - 18
2004/05 - 20
2003/04 - 21
2002/03 - 20
2001/02 - 22
2000/01 - 21
1999/00 - 21
1998/99 - 22
1997/98 - 27
1996/97 - 26
1995/96 - 26

Edited by riverholmes

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ahhh posts deleted eh?  Are we not allowed to state the truth.?  Sky even have a picture of the guy looking iffy on their backdrop.  Unbelievable really 

1- If you want to query removed posts, DM a mod, or ask the question in Ask Admin.

2- I actually agreed with the content of your posts, but if you want to talk about the Saudi regime, go bananas in ICBINF, just not the football forum.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's linked surely....it has an impact on the game. Sorry I don't agree

I agree that it’s linked and I wouldn’t expect you to agree with the reason for removal tbh.

Fact is though, whenever things get political on here, as it’s so tribal at times, it takes things off topic to a massive degree and causes moderating headaches, so we just say ‘no politics’ to make it easier.

I wonder if the old 'but Player X won't want to move up to the North' tale will appear in the case of Newcastle.

I frequently hear how players don't want to move 'up Norf' to join Rovers yet I think we will see once again that when the offer is right, the money is right and the project is right then players will move anywhere and certainly a couple of hours drive up the road.

Our problem of course isn't location or players not fancying a drive up here but that we don't pay enough and nobody with ambition would want to come here. Of course for the excuse makers at Ewood it is easier to run with the 'location' one.

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The only hope is that they screw it up in typical Newcastle fashion 

Maybe any season after this one. Makes one of Burnleys relegation rivals stronger this season, must have been some nervy debt ridden investors at T'Tufff when this deal was finalised.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ahhh posts deleted eh?  Are we not allowed to state the truth.?  Sky even have a picture of the guy looking iffy on their backdrop.  Unbelievable really 

The problem Sparks you can’t reason with these guys. They are the ahhh better stop as I can see yet another ban loaning.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Dumb luck, and a following.

City fell to Emiratis after Thaksin Shinawatra's plan for legitimacy failed.

Abramovich bought Chelsea after they finished 4th.

Fenway Sports nipped in at Liverpool when Hicks and Gillette were found out.

Rovers were lumped with Venkys. Que sera sera. 

I did find this interesting; Seasons in the Top Flight of English Football by Clubs 1888-89 to 2021-22 - My Football Facts

Newcastle have spent 90 years in English football's top flight. The 7th highest. Rovers are 13th.

But people say L1 is out natural level.

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Maybe any season after this one. Makes one of Burnleys relegation rivals stronger this season, must have been some nervy debt ridden investors at T'Tufff when this deal was finalised.

Also , some nervy people in the corridors of power at Old Trafford and especially Anfield ...

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

The problem Sparks you can’t reason with these guys. They are the ahhh better stop as I can see yet another ban loaning.

Actually, you can. A new thread is being created soon where ownership and the ‘merits’ of the new Newcastle owners can be debated to death, right here on the football thread!