BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

I think it shows the huge gulf in Quality from the Championship to the Prem.Norwich easily walked the Championship last year but are struggling to even score this season.If  Burnley get relegated this season they'd just stroll to Promotion the season after.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I think it shows the huge gulf in Quality from the Championship to the Prem.Norwich easily walked the Championship last year but are struggling to even score this season.If  Burnley get relegated this season they'd just stroll to Promotion the season after.

The inequality within the Premier League, despite the increased investment all round, is summed up, for me, by the fact that Southampton's current two star players, Broja and Livramento, are Chelsea loanees, in a sense. Livramento might technically be a full Saints player but Chelsea will surely seek to exercise the £25 million buy-back before it expires, if he continues his incredible form.

I think Norwich, Leeds and Saints' struggles are showing that competing by playing attacking and passing football, as they are trying to do, is harder than ever given the dominance and strength of the wealthiest clubs.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I wouldn't put your wage on that ...

• Moderation Lead

Just watching the Chelsea and Norwich highlights and Norwich have been spectacularly bad.

Whilst Chelsea obviously have much better players than Norwich, nothing is stopping them putting some challenges in.

If you allow good players lots of time on the ball, it doesn’t tend to end well….

• Like 1

• Backroom

There are teams in the PL who have shown you can be competitive in the division (for most clubs this just means avoiding relegation) without having huge resources - Burnley being an obvious one. Norwich can't use that as an excuse, especially when you consider how Brentford have taken to the top flight so far. Either the model at Norwich is incompatible with what is required at PL level, or Farke just isn't the manager needed for the situation they're in. Hearing them talk about accepting relegation a couple of seasons ago was embarrassing and as a fan I would have been furious with that kind of attitude. Even if you're fighting against the odds to survive, there's no excuse for accepting defeat as essentially inevitable. 

The problem at Norwich is that they aren't even doing the absolute basics required when you're an underdog in a division - closing down, keeping a compact shape, making it tough for the opposition to break you down. Farke can set up a team to do well when his team are one of the best in the division and don't have to focus too much on the defensive side of things (from memory they conceded the most goals of any Championship 1st placed team in the past decade plus), but seems to have no answer when his team are the underdogs and need to be more careful and detailed in their approach.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

There are teams in the PL who have shown you can be competitive in the division (for most clubs this just means avoiding relegation) without having huge resources - Burnley being an obvious one. Norwich can't use that as an excuse, especially when you consider how Brentford have taken to the top flight so far. Either the model at Norwich is incompatible with what is required at PL level, or Farke just isn't the manager needed for the situation they're in. Hearing them talk about accepting relegation a couple of seasons ago was embarrassing and as a fan I would have been furious with that kind of attitude. Even if you're fighting against the odds to survive, there's no excuse for accepting defeat as essentially inevitable. 

The problem at Norwich is that they aren't even doing the absolute basics required when you're an underdog in a division - closing down, keeping a compact shape, making it tough for the opposition to break you down. Farke can set up a team to do well when his team are one of the best in the division and don't have to focus too much on the defensive side of things (from memory they conceded the most goals of any Championship 1st placed team in the past decade plus), but seems to have no answer when his team are the underdogs and need to be more careful and detailed in their approach.  

Also its not a shock the standard of play they're coming up against,it's only a couple of seasons ago they were up there yet they don't seem to have changed the tactics that failed to work last time they got promoted.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope not as it is hilarious to see them at the moment, but surely Solskjaer will be at the job centre tomorrow morning. Such a poorly organised and coached side.

Just said to my inlaws who are Liverpool fans that they don't want to put too many past them in case they sack ole and get a decent manager. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

It’s only half time, but that is the kind of result that gets you fired. 
Scholes copped some flak for saying ‘if United play against Liverpool like they did against Atalanta, they’ll get battered’.

He wasn’t wrong though, was he?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Done to Curtis Jones for not play acting and rolling around on the floor like alot of players would have done when Rolando kick the ball into his stomach/lower regions. 

In any other situation I'd agree but I'd love someone to get Ronaldo sent off