BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Medical emergency in the crowd has suspended the game.

Think it was the fans that got the refs attention and now medical staff from both sides attending someone. Sad to see but credit to all there and hope whoever it is is ok.

Edited by Cherry Blue

The new Newcastle owners got a dose of football reality and what the PL is all about. Doesn't matter how much money you got if you haven't got the right and proper footballing structure in place and don't listen to agents in the game., 

Newcastle owners need to put in place a proper football structure and appoint a new CEO, Sporting Director and head coach. 

They don't need a big name head coach but I think they would be better appointed a head coach who knows they PL and someone who can work within the budget they will have and develop young players. Same with the recruitment there. 

It will be very interesting who they appoint for these key positions in the coming days

Newcastle fans have no class. Bruce kept them up against the odds when there was little money to better the squad, and at least he was always honest unlike the lying snake in the grass that we used to have. 
I hope the Arab regime make St. James’s Park dry. That would sicken the geordie horde. Be very careful what you wish for magpies. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Newcastle fans have no class. Bruce kept them up against the odds when there was little money to better the squad, and at least he was always honest unlike the lying snake in the grass that we used to have. And still have. 
I hope the Arab regime make St. James’s Park dry. That would sicken the geordie horde. Be very careful what you wish for magpies. 

Changed it for you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The new Newcastle owners got a dose of football reality and what the PL is all about. Doesn't matter how much money you got if you haven't got the right and proper footballing structure in place and don't listen to agents in the game., 

We could write a book about that under the tenure of the dreaded Venkys:

'How to invest 200 Million and fcuk it up'

On 17/10/2021 at 20:03, Ianrally said:

Newcastle fans have no class. Bruce kept them up against the odds when there was little money to better the squad, and at least he was always honest unlike the lying snake in the grass that we used to have. 

All that kerfuffle for Eddie "feckin" Howe....I bet the toon fans are very underwhelmed 

As an increasingly pessimistic fan, I would be interested to know, do others really want to see Rovers in the lucrative cartel that is the Premier League, without a mega-rich investor owner? Obviously, it would be a huge financial boost but, the cost of players to try to compete would also be astronomical - and even more so as inflation is likely to continue to rise with the latest oligarchs investing. Even then, Rovers would likely be humiliated every other game and get relegated. Efforts to stay up would likely necessitate resort to ultra negative tactics, only to delay the inevitable.

It may be the best model for Rovers to try to follow Norwich and Fulham and be a "parachute payment" club that jumps up and down but a season of humiliation in the Premier League barely interests me. Perhaps, I'm being overly pessimistic, for Brentford fans might be quite satisfied at the moment, suggesting that you can compete with the right style. But, I suspect, they will only enjoy it for a season or two.

Obviously, these thoughts are far removed from Rovers reality, which is not really in the promotion mix. 

Edit: I suppose occasionally getting into the Premier League and absorbing the financial injection is a pre-requisite for staying competitive in the Championship and long-term survival as a club. So the answer must be yes to the Premier League, despite everything. 

Edited by riverholmes

Bruce sacked.  Smells of Roberto Martinez with Jones already there.....owners who might think he's a good manager, high profile.....we all know he's shit....I'd love them to give him the job☺

I'd have Bruce by the weekend if I was in charge.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

As an increasingly pessimistic fan, I would be interested to know, do others really want to see Rovers in the lucrative cartel that is the Premier League, without a mega-rich investor owner? Obviously, it would be a huge financial boost but, the cost of players to try to compete would also be astronomical - and even more so as inflation is likely to continue to rise with the latest oligarchs investing. Even then, Rovers would likely be humiliated every other game and get relegated. Efforts to stay up would likely necessitate resort to ultra negative tactics, only to delay the inevitable.

It may be the best model for Rovers to try to follow Norwich and Fulham and be a "parachute payment" club that jumps up and down but a season of humiliation in the Premier League barely interests me. Perhaps, I'm being overly pessimistic, for Brentford fans might be quite satisfied at the moment, suggesting that you can compete with the right style. But, I suspect, they will only enjoy it for a season or two.

Obviously, these thoughts are far removed from Rovers reality, which is not really in the promotion mix. 

Edit: I suppose occasionally getting into the Premier League and absorbing the financial injection is a pre-requisite for staying competitive in the Championship and long-term survival as a club. So the answer must be yes to the Premier League, despite everything. 

I suspect it is likely we will see "PL2" sooner rather than later. This may well see the pyramid with promotion/relegation as we know it gone.

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Bruce sacked.  Smells of Roberto Martinez with Jones already there.....owners who might think he's a good manager, high profile.....we all know he's shit....I'd love them to give him the job☺

I'd have Bruce by the weekend if I was in charge.

I never thought I’d say this (I’ve always thought his teams have looked turgid) but Steve Bruce could be a good fit for Rovers right now.

There are others. Wilder, Lampard, Bilic, Hughes, Neil.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure about Neil but I'll go with you on the rest..👍

He did well with little financial support at Preston. He always seemed to have them playing with sprit and belief.

I’d prefer one of the others though.

• Like 1