BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

The new strategy seems to be letting players walk out on free transfers?

Rothwell potentially off to Rangers in the press today.

Its amateurish, Waggot blaming Covid, I’m blaming billionaire owners, it’s embarrassing. 

When the player refuses to sign a contract who is to blame in all reality? The Rothwell contract isnt something that was offered last week it has been there for 12 months or even more, he refused to sign it. He allegedly pulled out of a medical having been ready to sign for a club in South Yorks at the last minute so I don't think blame can be levelled at anyone, its the players right not to sign. Similarly with AA, a contract was on the table from last year, he wanted a move and declined to sign the new deal. It is no ones fault at all.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

When the player refuses to sign a contract who is to blame in all reality? The Rothwell contract isnt something that was offered last week it has been there for 12 months or even more, he refused to sign it. He allegedly pulled out of a medical having been ready to sign for a club in South Yorks at the last minute so I don't think blame can be levelled at anyone, its the players right not to sign. Similarly with AA, a contract was on the table from last year, he wanted a move and declined to sign the new deal. It is no ones fault at all.

You’re making excuses again 1864, it’s inexcusable to allow our first team squad to run down contracts and not renew. Rothwell needs an improved contract, get it offered and signed, it’s simple. Armstrong is a different matter, the rest is incompetence, billionaire owners don’t forget? 

How about Nyambe and Lenihan? Brereton?

• Like 3

You appear to be missing the point. Players are offered improved deals all the time but there has to be a limit that can be offered.

If the players decline then there is nothing else to be done unless the club breaks its pay structure. It is as simple as that.

The first two have had deals on the table since last year - both so far have declined to sign and it is important to note that apart from Rothwell there have been no offers for RN, DL whilst BBD has already seen his one year deal extended with a new offer already with the player. Similarly with DL an improved offer is with his agent and the player.

Its down to the player to accept those terms. People like DL and RN know the club inside and out, far better than us supporters so if they don't sign its nothing to do with anyone ese but the player and could involve many different aspects that affect the player!

I would imagine that the priority for a player is wages and security, Rovers offer that. As for ambition, well its probably there like it is for all Championship clubs however does Rovers ambition differ greatly? I don't think so. Then add facilities and the players family life and Rovers are attractive otherwise they wouldn't have signed their previous deals and of course they would have submitted transfer requests.

So clearly something is very right on the playing side. It is NOT as clear as you make it appear to be.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell, 1864, if ALL senior pros in their final year bugger off, then we are clearly a club that can no longer offer competitive wages to second division footballers, and that is a sorry state of affairs for Blackburn Rovers brought on purely by this ownership.

Don’t worry though Matty, we’re getting the commercial side right…..

I can’t believe what I’m reading, seasoned posters coming out with this tripe.

• Like 5

What is a reasonable wage/salary?

There is nothing tripe about it, the fact is it is reality. There is only so much money to be had. Rovers are recognised decent wage payers in this league and I would suggest looking at the wages ration against turnover, it is evidently right.

The likes of Rothwell, do they justify breaking a wage structure? Likewise DL and RN? Are they that special?

I would advocate it on a special player but you can only spend what you have in the budget.

Again, some are comparing us to other clubs in the championship, all are running at losses and is there one single club that is out there alone in making a profit from turnover? No there isnt ask Fulham, Sheff Utd and the likes of Bournemouth. Lower down, similarly with Sunderland, Ipswich and so on. Its a loss making exercise overall.

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What is a reasonable wage/salary?

There is nothing tripe about it, the fact is it is reality. There is only so much money to be had. Rovers are recognised decent wage payers in this league and I would suggest looking at the wages ration against turnover, it is evidently right.

The likes of Rothwell, do they justify breaking a wage structure? Likewise DL and RN? Are they that special?

I would advocate it on a special player but you can only spend what you have in the budget.

Again, some are comparing us to other clubs in the championship, all are running at losses and is there one single club that is out there alone inestablished making a profit from turnover? No there isnt ask Fulham, Sheff Utd and the likes of Bournemouth. Lower down, similarly with Sunderland, Ipswich and so on. Its a loss making exercise overall.

To replace the three you mention will likely cost transfer fees and if they are established players coming in they will want the going rate for the Championship. some business plan. But the story here is already written. Blame the players for extortionate demands, let them walk away and replace them with loans and kids. And next summer the next tranche of our of contract players will be the given the same treatment.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 7

I think you are mistaken in the above scenario, its happening right across the football league not just at Ewood. Footballers are aware that the money trees are not going to be there if the FL get their way in respect of parachute payments and an agreement regarding tv money being more better shared amongst the lower leagues.

Even the PL are going to suffer because the wages that are currently being asked in contracts are unsustainable in the current climate. Much bigger clubs are going to suffer financially.

Another example of a club that isnt mentioned on here in this thread is Birmingham City, they sold a player for £39m and are still knee deep shit financially, thankfully Rovers are not in their position.

Lenihan and Nyambe have both been at the club for 10+ years. They've had at least 5 senior campaigns with us in that time. I love both players and would happily have them stay at the club to the end of their careers, but they both have a history of being injury prone and if they are offered better opportunities elsewhere that they want to take in the future then all the best to them.

It's a bit ridiculous to suggest that the management of the club is driving us to lose them when they've been here this long.

Rothwell looks to be on the radar of clubs like Rangers with who he'd be playing in Europe. He's given us 3 good seasons, and now into his 4th with us - if he has offers from higher up the footballing pyramid you can't really fault anyone for that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You appear to be missing the point. Players are offered improved deals all the time but there has to be a limit that can be offered.

If the players decline then there is nothing else to be done unless the club breaks its pay structure. It is as simple as that.

The first two have had deals on the table since last year - both so far have declined to sign and it is important to note that apart from Rothwell there have been no offers for RN, DL whilst BBD has already seen his one year deal extended with a new offer already with the player. Similarly with DL an improved offer is with his agent and the player.

Its down to the player to accept those terms. People like DL and RN know the club inside and out, far better than us supporters so if they don't sign its nothing to do with anyone ese but the player and could involve many different aspects that affect the player!

I would imagine that the priority for a player is wages and security, Rovers offer that. As for ambition, well its probably there like it is for all Championship clubs however does Rovers ambition differ greatly? I don't think so. Then add facilities and the players family life and Rovers are attractive otherwise they wouldn't have signed their previous deals and of course they would have submitted transfer requests.

So clearly something is very right on the playing side. It is NOT as clear as you make it appear to be.

But we're on a journey aren't we? Its taken nearly 5 years to build this squad!

Surely we're not going to lose the best of them and start another journey?

Let's keep Mowbray then he's very experienced at this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

I have not once advocated keeping TM in place I want to see change and progression not further regression .

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

There should be a new slogan:

On a journey with a journeyman.

😁😁😁

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I was invited out of the blue to speak with officials at the club where I was treated with respect in my standing as a concerned fan my issues were discussed and I was given an insight to many aspects of the football operations and other arms to BRFC. 

I appreciate your actions as a concerned fan but as you will not divulge any details of why you believe Rovers are turning a corner, it is difficult to get on board with your enthusiasm.

I've said before, if you have managed to make contact with Suhail or the Raos then well done but if it is Steve Waggott you are talking to then you are probably wasting your time.

I think you need to be a bit more forthcoming before anyone else can understand where you are coming from on this. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Miker said:

Lenihan and Nyambe have both been at the club for 10+ years. They've had at least 5 senior campaigns with us in that time. I love both players and would happily have them stay at the club to the end of their careers, but they both have a history of being injury prone and if they are offered better opportunities elsewhere that they want to take in the future then all the best to them.

I want them to stay. One of the reasons they get injured is because they are both highly committed, they don’t take a step back. I wish more of our players had the balls.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gav said:

Only getting rid of the owners will achieve that goal 1864.

Not necessarily so a different manager given the backing Mowbray has had might get the better out of this talented squad and that person might just be able to put a solid playing plan together to progress on the field. As it stands I don’t see venkys selling but maybe seeking partners in investment

32 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I appreciate your actions as a concerned fan but as you will not divulge any details of why you believe Rovers are turning a corner, it is difficult to get on board with your enthusiasm.

I've said before, if you have managed to make contact with Suhail or the Raos then well done but if it is Steve Waggott you are talking to then you are probably wasting your time.

I think you need to be a bit more forthcoming before anyone else can understand where you are coming from on this. 

I don’t waste my time on anything and I have more important things in my life to worry about. I believe that my approach was the right way and I hope it bears fruit. The plus side is that if I have been lied to and the information provided is a charade then imagine how that would now reflect on the club when it is fully documented both verbally and email ? I am not a fly by night reporter seeking a one hit wonder I want wholesale changes to my club and armed with the information that I already had, info from fellow fans and media sources I have now added the words of representatives from inside the club. I doubt very much that there would be any reason why the club would want further egg on their faces because it would attract a really negative slant on them

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not necessarily so a different manager given the backing Mowbray has had might get the better out of this talented squad and that person might just be able to put a solid playing plan together to progress on the field. 

Not a snowball chance in hell.

Lambert had a plan, originally backed by the owners, to revamp the club from top to bottom, within a month of taking the job the owners stopped communicating with him after he wanted to put players on longer contracts and the rest is history.

Something has changed this season though, we now can’t compete in the free transfer market, but contracts remain unsigned, no structure at the club, no football people at the club, it’s the same old crap and anyone with any business acumen knows you can’t run a successful business like this. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I doubt very much that there would be any reason why the club would want further egg on their faces because it would attract a really negative slant on them

I’m sure those inside ‘the club’ are engaging you in good faith, but what will actually change if a semi detached family in Pune aren’t fully on board?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not a snowball chance in hell

Something has changed this season though, we now can’t compete in the free transfer market, but contracts remain unsigned, no structure at the club, no football people at the club, it’s the same old crap and anyone with any business acumen knows you can’t run a successful business like this. 

Where is your evidence to back up your claim about the free transfer market? We signed 4 loanees and left a space in the squad for the potential of a free transfer or indeed a signing in the new year of course depending on no departures that is!

Who are the free transfers you think you are aware of? Wickham? Sturridge? AN Other?

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m sure those inside ‘the club’ are engaging you in good faith, but what will actually change if a semi detached family in Pune aren’t fully on board?

Lets wait and see, as I have made clear the proof will be in the pudding. I intend to take up the invite later this year to return and see how things may have progressed and what the status of the other suggested changes is.

31 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Where is your evidence to back up your claim about the free transfer market? We signed 4 loanees and left a space in the squad for the potential of a free transfer or indeed a signing in the new year of course depending on no departures that is!

Who are the free transfers you think you are aware of? Wickham? Sturridge? AN Other?

You’ve been reading the local press and this site throughout the summer, the recruitment has been a disaster, targets going anywhere but Ewood, we ended up with players our fellow championship competitors didn’t want. All this culminating in one of the smallest squads in terms of senior pros I can ever remember and 3-4 of those could walk out shortly.

• Like 3

I don't agree with 1864 about the contract situation, Mowbray more or less admitted himself in the LT that the players in question hadn't been offered improved deals when they should have been because he didn't want to upset the rest of the squad.  Well - tough for them  - not all players earn the same.

We've also run a vastly bloated squad for the last few seasons and inferior players have repeatedly been given deals when they shouldn't have been.

There's only so much money we're allowed to spend, Mowbray and Waggott are paid to manage the squad, they agree the budget with the owners and it's their job to sort it out.

There's also the likelihood that said players aren't inclined to sign new deals under a  lame duck manager, coaching staff and CEO and might be prepared to take a bit less if they thought we were going places under a different manager.

Nyambe in particular, Rothwell and Brereton have all been appallingly treated by Mowbray at various points as well - it's probably a case of trying to shut the stable door well after the horse has bolted with them but we're a new manager to come in they liked you never know.

• Like 8