BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

I haven’t seen any evidence of what you claim only speculation and what appeared in the media. I know a lot of people made suggestions of underhand behaviour but did they ever produce anything of value to substantiate the claims or allegations ? It’s difficult to understand whether there was wholesale  ripping off of venkys and Brfc or whether it was an alternative model of criminality by the owners ! Suffice to say whatever happened bought the mistrust of the owners who for reasons known only to them refuse to acknowledge it publicly.

54 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I haven’t seen any evidence of what you claim only speculation and what appeared in the media. I know a lot of people made suggestions of underhand behaviour but did they ever produce anything of value to substantiate the claims or allegations ? It’s difficult to understand whether there was wholesale  ripping off of venkys and Brfc or whether it was an alternative model of criminality by the owners ! Suffice to say whatever happened bought the mistrust of the owners who for reasons known only to them refuse to acknowledge it publicly.

The first thing to say, are these are not my claims. Some ex players have gone on record (Michel Solgado) being one to suggest there was suspicious activity going on. There are letters from some of the Rovers directors at the time, asking serious questions of certain people, including  questions about cheques being requested  and of course the leaked letter from Paul Hunt to the owners.

Feel free to class none of that as substantial, as there is plenty of substance there, in my opinion.

If you haven’t seen any evidence of it and you want to satisfy your curiosity, read the blog in it’s entirety.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Mate, there's literally nobody in India who gives a f about Rovers or the Venky's owning us. None. Trust me, I worked in Mumbai when we still had Bowyer. Football isn't massive there like cricket and, when it is, they're focused on the Prem and Man Utd.

It's really not a reason.

No. That's not what I'm getting at. I'm not saying owning us earns them great respect or garners attention anymore, I'm saying having us go under would reflect very badly. Another poster explained it isn't the culture in India to let businesses you own go under, it causes a serious loss of face.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Mate, there's literally nobody in India who gives a f about Rovers or the Venky's owning us. None. Trust me, I worked in Mumbai when we still had Bowyer. Football isn't massive there like cricket and, when it is, they're focused on the Prem and Man Utd.

It's really not a reason.

True….when I was in Delhi I made it my business to find as much as possible about the general opinion of Venkys…people knew of their purchase and some initially followed Rovers ( Premier League at the time) …..no one follows now .

Sadly, the thing that came out loud and clear was…..no one could see them selling other than to a fellow Asian …an honour thing 😳

…..not too sure where that leaves us ?? 

1 hour ago, lraC said:

The first thing to say, are these are not my claims. Some ex players have gone on record (Michel Solgado) being one to suggest there was suspicious activity going on. There are letters from some of the Rovers directors at the time, asking serious questions of certain people, including  questions about cheques being requested  and of course the leaked letter from Paul Hunt to the owners.

Feel free to class none of that as substantial, as there is plenty of substance there, in my opinion.

If you haven’t seen any evidence of it and you want to satisfy your curiosity, read the blog in it’s entirety.

Overall fault lays with the owners but the underhand things that went on at the club was that not the doing of Jerome Anderson,Sem and whatever other "advisors" had gotten in the owners ears?

The Venkys know nothing about football?In my opinion their purchase of Rovers was a marketing tool to get their name known in the UK and Europe.

They were led on themselves.Those interviews about leasing players and a 5 Million budget to qualify for Europe.Those seeds were planted in their heads.

Like they obviously didn't get into this game to make money, they are absolutely minted and I don't believe signings are made that might make a couple of Million profit for billionaires.

They are absolutely terrible owners and have no business being involved in football.Their crime since being here is either letting people who were taking advantage of them make  club decisions (Jerome Anderson appointing Kean) or carrying on leaving incompetent people on ground 

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Blogs are not evidence they are opinions misinformation rumour and speculation and often contain stories that have dragons tails attached. I am aware of financial forensic investigations that were conducted and I have conversed with a previous member regarding this.

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Blogs are not evidence they are opinions misinformation rumour and speculation and often contain stories that have dragons tails attached. I am aware of financial forensic investigations that were conducted and I have conversed with a previous member regarding this.

@1864roverite
If you’re looking for evidence, how about the way they’ve destroyed this once great football club, destroyed businesses, families and the town?

Do you need more evidence than that 1864?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

If you’re looking for evidence, how about the way they’ve destroyed this once great football club, destroyed businesses, families and the town?

Do you need more evidence than that 1864?

I think we are wasting our time. He has an agenda, so let him get on with it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Overall fault lays with the owners but the underhand things that went on at the club was that not the doing of Jerome Anderson,Sem and whatever other "advisors" had gotten in the owners ears?

The Venkys know nothing about football?In my opinion their purchase of Rovers was a marketing tool to get their name known in the UK and Europe.

They were led on themselves.Those interviews about leasing players and a 5 Million budget to qualify for Europe.Those seeds were planted in their heads.

Like they obviously didn't get into this game to make money, they are absolutely minted and I don't believe signings are made that might make a couple of Million profit for billionaires.

They are absolutely terrible owners and have no business being involved in football.Their crime since being here is either letting people who were taking advantage of them make  club decisions (Jerome Anderson appointing Kean) or carrying on leaving incompetent people on ground 

Absolutely. Add a couple of other agencies, such as crescendo and HSH and between them they have done pretty well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lraC said:

For those who want to believe there were no skeletons in the closet fine. I am sure some people would also like to say that the story still available if you click the link below, is bull, but for the open minded amongst us and especially those who haven’t read it, take a look....http://roversrevisited2.blogspot.com/2016/09/good-money-if-you-can-get-it.html?m=1

Interesting reading,a few people on here saying nothing untoward has gone on at our beloved club and that if it had where is your evidence,the evidence will be long gone and everyone involved will be squeaky clean ,don't need to be a legal expert to figure that out

Maybe time for a poll, what do you prefer, carry on venkying with sid James as Jerome Anderson and Bernard bresslaw as Mowbray orrrrrrrrr admin, relegation and fan ownership

Although really, Bernard would be Barry venkys, Jim dale would be henning berg, Kenneth Williams would be mowbray, Joan Sims as the dragon lady. Wilfred bramble as Steve kean, Charles hawtrey as Derek Shaw and Barbara Windsor as myles Anderson

Edited by broadsword

5 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

It’s not the general public they would be concerned about, it’s their fellow successful business friends and associates. They are the ones who they don’t want to lose face with. They won’t want to be seen as failures. 

They have tons of businesses like most billionaires. Ditching or selling one of them would be no loss of face. They'd still be worth a lot and the bottom line overall would be all that matters. Can they still afford to play the part of the wealthy Indian plutocrat? It's a myth that they'd "lose face" over getting rid of BRFC. Their "fellow successful business friends and associates" would likely never heard of Rovers and certainly wouldn't care less. Not as if we're some kind of IPL team or anything. 

2 hours ago, lraC said:

I think we are wasting our time. He has an agenda, so let him get on with it.

Get over it you have no idea about why I did and continue to do and as for agenda let me enlighten you a little I am sick to death of the way my club is continuing to disintegrate and I want change. I want it to return to the family friendly club it was a club that engages and respects its own supporters a club that is United so that’s my agenda ! Ian also suck to death of reading utter shite speculation and rumours that have little or no foundation so having set out my stall I have researched read talked and listened and then evaluated what is to be believed and not. With only concern I engaged with the club in a constructive manner and being a professional investigator put a full picture together. Armed with all of that information I was invited out of the blue to speak with officials at the club where I was treated with respect in my standing as a concerned fan my issues were discussed and I was given an insight to many aspects of the football operations and other arms to BRFC. Some of the info is corroborated by other sources some of the info is to be rated as confidential and some that is the subject of action plans within the club under the supervision of the current heads of departments who have a port folio to manage. Unbeknown to those I spoke with I had in my possession a lot of data and information that was then evaluated against answers provided by the club. So it wasn’t that difficult a process to weed out the rubbish rumours and tripe spouted not just on fans forums but across many spectrums. Following the discussion I was invited back to the club at a later date to again consider what was happening and if anything that was planned had been actioned or where it was on the overall agenda . Now I make it clear I do not represent anyone other than myself as a concerned fan and I do not accept the fans forum do a worthwhile job nor do the local media. You also need to know that before I went to this meeting I reached out to members of this forum who like me have only concern for the club they support but who I believed held similar values to me. Out of those I conversed with I only knew one with a link to theirs and mine previous employment. So there you are irac that’s my agenda which you can no longer claim or believe to be anything other than concern for my club!

• Like 3

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If anyone really believes that Waggott (who by his own admission can’t even set season ticket prices without approval from India) and Mark Venus were on the verge of selling off our training ground behind Venky’s backs and without their knowledge/permission, you really need to stop deluding yourself. Besides, if they had tried this and failed, how is not sacking them and allowing them to carry on as normal anything other than complete lunacy?

Reminds me of when they said Derek Shaw had "gone rogue" during the Henning Berg payoff debacle, throwing him under the bus and then proceeding to employ him for another 3 years

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Reminds me of when they said Derek Shaw had "gone rogue" during the Henning Berg payoff debacle, throwing him under the bus and then proceeding to employ him for another 3 years

Hope you have some evidence of this, otherwise someone might not believe it was true. There could be some subliminal message going round on here right now. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Remember when Balaji Rao got arrested for beating one of his middle managers with a metal bar and electrocuting him? Wonder which scoundrel badly advised the honourable man to do that.

And there was the time Mrs Desai was reportedly facing prison time for something to do with building regs. Who was to blame there?

How about the threats that long term members of this board and their families received a decade or so ago?

Venky’s STILL take advice from, make payments to, and employ clients of the same people that supposedly “badly advised” them during the early days.

If anyone really believes that Waggott (who by his own admission can’t even set season ticket prices without approval from India) and Mark Venus were on the verge of selling off our training ground behind Venky’s backs and without their knowledge/permission, you really need to stop deluding yourself. Besides, if they had tried this and failed, how is not sacking them and allowing them to carry on as normal anything other than complete lunacy?

We are reliant on their subsidies because of their actions. We have no reason to be grateful for this, yet some people still want to absolve them of blame, rewrite history, and delude themselves. Even if you are desperate to believe all the daft narratives out there, they have surely long since passed the point where their naivety has become dangerously negligent.

Oh, and if you think that staff who are being brought in reporting to Lyndsey Talbot on 30 grand a year are about to stage a coup to overthrow Steve Waggott, you’re going to be disappointed.

Some of the threats made to members of this board, were reported to the police. One person was also followed around the stadium, by individuals who were shall we say, of dubious character. Not to mention, money being offered to someone, as an incentive to stop protesting about what was going on and phone calls made (that were recorded) almost pleading to stop being exposed.

• Like 2

They've wound up numerous businesses and have quite a few under their banner that are dormant. Not much face saving gone on in the past. 

Plenty form for acting on whims and throwing money into daft projects only to quickly lose interest.  Anyone know how the 3 million they invested in Akon via VLL is getting on ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

They've wound up numerous businesses and have quite a few under their banner that are dormant. Not much face saving gone on in the past. 

Plenty form for acting on whims and throwing money into daft projects only to quickly lose interest.  Anyone know how the 3 million they invested in Akon via VLL is getting on ?

No, it's a complete myth that they would happily chuck away £20 million a year just for some bizarre attempt to save face with a football team none of their friends are likely to even know about and even fewer care about. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

True….when I was in Delhi I made it my business to find as much as possible about the general opinion of Venkys…people knew of their purchase and some initially followed Rovers ( Premier League at the time) …..no one follows now .

Sadly, the thing that came out loud and clear was…..no one could see them selling other than to a fellow Asian …an honour thing 😳

…..not too sure where that leaves us ?? 

Honour? made me laugh.

I could give it another name begins with 'R'

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That old chestnut again.

Eleven years of innuendo and not a shred of evidence that's the case.

I'm surprised at this. There is a load of evidence that Glen Mullen and others supplied to the FA  and MP"s to show that the Raos were not "fit and proper owners". The issue is that there was no process by which that evidence could be converted into proof on the usual civil criterion of probability, as opposed to the criminal "beyond any reasonable doubt" because the FA haven't got one and don't want one!

Simply, the FA did not want to know for its own reasons. 

What vision have the Raos ever tried to explain to the fans of the club? Why do we have to ask over over again, what is their aim, why do they hang on to the club while crowds dwindle, how do they intend to fix it, or do they, where do they aim for us to be over the medium term and the longer term? 

Can they assure us that they will never abandon the club and leave fans to pick up the pieces? Why won't they tell us all this?

No-one could run a business in the way they do and make a success of it. Their attitude is that its none of our business just turn up and pay. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

No, it's a complete myth that they would happily chuck away £20 million a year just for some bizarre attempt to save face with a football team none of their friends are likely to even know about and even fewer care about. 

For me me that theory has long been filed away with the snowball=relegation on purpose as complete bunkem.  

Once the club had slid out the spotlight there was no way they were face saving. Guilt tripping a little bit maybe but to me it's simple, they think throwing money at things solves everything... eventually.

Because they know no different.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

but to me it's simple, they think throwing money at things solves everything... eventually.

Because they know no different.

It worked in League 1 but perhaps the penny has finally dropped even with them that we're not getting very far at Championship level and that chucking money at it in isolation won't suffice and that they need to approach things somewhat differently?

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It worked in League 1 but perhaps the penny has finally dropped even with them that we're not getting very far at Championship level and that chucking money at it in isolation won't suffice and that they need to approach things somewhat differently?

The new strategy seems to be letting players walk out on free transfers?

Rothwell potentially off to Rangers in the press today.

Its amateurish, Waggot blaming Covid, I’m blaming billionaire owners, it’s embarrassing. 

• Like 5