BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wow, and this isn't a pop at your team selection specifically, but that is a dismal team in terms of goal threat, it must be as toothless as any team across the league, where are the goals there?

Same old negative comments just like you repeating all season where are the goals coming from and the players have shown you where the goals will come from. The team. I would take a solid 1 nil win with Lenihan or Ayala scoring a header from a set piece. I'm not interested who scores as long as we won the game or get a draw plus a good performance

You defended the loanees earlier and claimed that they will come good, surely they have to start if Gallagher misses out with Brereton also unavailable? If not, then when will they play?

I picked my team on performances and how I want to play. I think we need to solid defensive and given that Coventry play 3 at the back and I think we should set up similar to the Barnsley game and second half against Blackpool. 

The loan players will have a part to play given we have 3 games in a week and Khadra or Burns would come on for Butterworth depending on the game situation. 

Also, Rankin Costello apparently is better from a wide position, surely he comes into the reckoning? Perhaps a front 3 of Dolan, Khadra and Rankin Costello?

He is just coming back from injury setback so lets take it slow and not rush him back. And I believe he will be playing in the under 23 game that on the same day against Manchester United at Leigh Sports Village that we play Coventry at home. 

I know he crossed for the goal but Buckley is not a winger.

You mean that brilliant cross he delivered from the right midfield position for Brereton to score. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Johnson might be important just because the team is so small without him, but it would have to be at the expense of one of the midfield 3, most likely Buckley. 

Agree with Chaddy, Buckley was our best player in the last game.He should not be dropped.

And as for where are the goals coming from..you said the same when Dack got injured and the same when Armstrong was sold.Players step up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not asking him to play as a winger tho but as wide midfielder doing a similar job as he did against Blackpool second half and Barnsley away game. Nyambe can provided the width more down the right side. 

I genuinely don't see why you think he was good at Blackpool.

I was there.

The whole team was awful and as bad as each other.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Same old negative comments just like you repeating all season where are the goals coming from and the players have shown you where the goals will come from. The team. I would take a solid 1 nil win with Lenihan or Ayala scoring a header from a set piece. I'm not interested who scores as long as we won the game or get a draw plus a good performance

I picked my team on performances and how I want to play. I think we need to solid defensive and given that Coventry play 3 at the back and I think we should set up similar to the Barnsley game and second half against Blackpool. 

The loan players will have a part to play given we have 3 games in a week and Khadra or Burns would come on for Butterworth depending on the game situation. 

He is just coming back from injury setback so lets take it slow and not rush him back. And I believe he will be playing in the under 23 game that on the same day against Manchester United at Leigh Sports Village that we play Coventry at home. 

You mean that brilliant cross he delivered from the right midfield position for Brereton to score. 

Urgh, negative, negative, negative, bla bla bla. I think its a fair, constructive point to suggest that the attackers that we have left with barely any goals between them is a worry in regards to where our goals are going to come from. Obviously I would take any win, a defence with more options and no Magloire gives us a better chance at one end, such a depleted and inexperienced front line reduces our chances at the other. Not negative, I think thats balanced.

You implied that the loanees will come good with time, yet even with our 2 main goal threats out, Poveda would be unlikely to even come off the bench? When will he be of use?

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Agree with Chaddy, Buckley was our best player in the last game.He should not be dropped.

And as for where are the goals coming from..you said the same when Dack got injured and the same when Armstrong was sold.Players step up

I never specifically said that I would drop Buckley, it was more aimed at the point that I hope that Mowbray doesnt try and be clever with Buckley as a false 9 or similar.

And if that happened indefinitely with attackers then they wouldnt be worth so much. I think its a fair question with Brereton and Gallagher out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Without Brereton, just exactly where are these goals going to come from? Who is going to surprise us and step up?

Brereton has scored something like 8 out of our last 10 goals.

The same things were said when Dack got injured and then when Armstrong was sold.

It only takes 1 goal to win a game.

Maybe whoever replaces Brererton , Butterworth or Khedra they may provide a goal threat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I genuinely don't see why you think he was good at Blackpool.

I was there.

The whole team was awful and as bad as each other.

Well I was there also and watched the full game. He was Rovers best player from the starting 11. In the first half he was main player who was looking to start Rovers attack off. Second half he produced brilliant cross for Brereton goal and he was constant threat throughout the game. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Urgh, negative, negative, negative, bla bla bla. I think its a fair, constructive point to suggest that the attackers that we have left with barely any goals between them is a worry in regards to where our goals are going to come from. Obviously I would take any win, a defence with more options and no Magloire gives us a better chance at one end, such a depleted and inexperienced front line reduces our chances at the other. Not negative, I think thats balanced.

You implied that the loanees will come good with time, yet even with our 2 main goal threats out, Poveda would be unlikely to even come off the bench? When will he be of use?

I never specifically said that I would drop Buckley, it was more aimed at the point that I hope that Mowbray doesnt try and be clever with Buckley as a false 9 or similar.

And if that happened indefinitely with attackers then they wouldnt be worth so much. I think its a fair question with Brereton and Gallagher out.

Agree he shouldn't be false 9.

Butterworth has looked dangerous and has gotten shots off when called upon this season.Khedra has also looked dangerous.

We still have players capable of chipping in with goals even with Brererton and Gallagher out

Just now, islander200 said:

Agree he shouldn't be false 9.

Butterworth has looked dangerous and has gotten shots off when called upon this season.Khedra has also looked dangerous.

We still have players capable of chipping in with goals even with Brererton and Gallagher out

I dont think we do have many goal threats remaining personally.  Butterworth, Khadra, Poveda, Burns, no senior goals between them. Dolan has is it 5 League goals in his career. The likes of Rothwell, Buckley and Travis dont really chip in either. Maybe Gallagher who himself is very limited will be fit which would be helpful.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The same things were said when Dack got injured and then when Armstrong was sold.

It only takes 1 goal to win a game.

Maybe whoever replaces Brererton , Butterworth or Khedra they may provide a goal threat

It takes at least 2 goals for us to win a game. We're hardly good at keeping clean sheets!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we do have many goal threats remaining personally.  Butterworth, Khadra, Poveda, Burns, no senior goals between them. Dolan has is it 5 League goals in his career. The likes of Rothwell, Buckley and Travis dont really chip in either. Maybe Gallagher who himself is very limited will be fit which would be helpful.

Brereton had hardly any senior goals before this season.

Butterworth has looked dangerous, and looks a player that would provide a threat.

No I don't think its a fair point cos you do the same thing everytime. When Dack got injured and Graham time here was coming to the end. I told you that Armstrong would step up and replace Dack and Graham goals and he did. You asked who would replace Armstrong's goals this season, I replied saying the entire team had to step up and scores goals including Brereton. Guess what the team has step up and players Brereton, Dolan and Gallagher have so far. 

Maybe its time you show some belief in our players stepping up and scoring. 

I would take a Coventry own goal 1 nil win. I'm not bothered how we win anymore after the last 18 months and the affects the pandemic caused. Nothing beats watching Rovers inside a stadium environment and I just can't back to watching club football again after another international football break

and I'm sure they will. If Poveda hasn't had much of an impact by January I would end his loan spell and look for someone else who would have more of an impact. 

Will Poveda come off the bench against Coventry? no idea, depends on the game situation, injuries, fitness and performance. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don't think its a fair point cos you do the same thing everytime. When Dack got injured and Graham time here was coming to the end. I told you that Armstrong would step up and replace Dack and Graham goals and he did. You asked who would replace Armstrong's goals this season, I replied saying the entire team had to step up and scores goals including Brereton. Guess what the team has step up and players Brereton, Dolan and Gallagher have so far. 

Maybe its time you show some belief in our players stepping up and scoring. 

I would take a Coventry own goal 1 nil win. I'm not bothered how we win anymore after the last 18 months and the affects the pandemic caused. Nothing beats watching Rovers inside a stadium environment and I just can't back to watching club football again after another international football break

and I'm sure they will. If Poveda hasn't had much of an impact by January I would end his loan spell and look for someone else who would have more of an impact. 

Will Poveda come off the bench against Coventry? no idea, depends on the game situation, injuries, fitness and performance. 

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Brereton had hardly any senior goals before this season.

Butterworth has looked dangerous, and looks a player that would provide a threat.

Not an issue of belief on my part, I think my concerns are very valid, objectively the attackers available have scored minimal goals between them. Armstrong stepped up but whilst the extent to his goalscoring was remarkable, he had scored plenty of goals in his career already including 20 in 1 season. Brereton is even more remarkable although he did score 7 last season. That won't happen anytime, I hope that someone will step up to the mark but I am not being unreasonable or baselessly pessimistic with my comments I don't think and I bet that many share my views.

• Like 1

Think we will bag a win on Saturday, always back us to do well at Ewood.

If Lenihan and Nyambe are back then we should see the return of a solid backline unlike the last few matches.

As others have stated its a bit of a unknown in attack without Brereton and Gallagher. Mowbray brought these loaners in for a reason though so expect Dolan then anyone of Kehdra, Butterworth and Poveda in the front 3. He has stuck Buckley up top before though so wouldnt surprise me if he did that again which is a waste of his talents.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not an issue of belief on my part, I think my concerns are very valid, objectively the attackers available have scored minimal goals between them. Armstrong stepped up but whilst the extent to his goalscoring was remarkable, he had scored plenty of goals in his career already including 20 in 1 season. Brereton is even more remarkable although he did score 7 last season. That won't happen anytime, I hope that someone will step up to the mark but I am not being unreasonable or baselessly pessimistic with my comments I don't think and I bet that many share my views.

and each time you have these 'concerns' the players have step up and proven they can score goals we need. You need to have more self belief and faith in this squad of players. 

Armstrong and Brereton plus other players have step up to answered your concerns. I think the players will this game again to proven that they can and will step up when required

and each time you have these 'concerns' the players have step up and proven they can score goals we need. You need to have more self belief and faith in this squad of players. 

Armstrong and Brereton plus other players have step up to answered your concerns. I think the players will this game again to proven that they can and will step up when required

My lack of "belief" expressed on an internet messageboard makes no difference. Its just an opinion which I have based on a lack of goals in senior football. If everytime a goal threat was removed from a team, the team continued to score at the same rate, a goalscorer wouldnt be worth anything.

I hope someone steps up top but I think its a genuine concern.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You've spent the last 18 months telling me that managers like Hughton, McCarthy and Warnock are dinosaurs and you wouldn't want them or their style of play near Ewood.

Now you're saying you'd be happy to win 1-0 through an own goal and don't care how we win.

• Like 6

I’d normally be a big advocate of playing a 442 with proper wingers, but without Brereton and Gallagher there’s nobody so cross to.

Butterworth should start, but I doubt he will. McBride and or Burns should also be in the squad. I might even try Magloire up front for a bit of pace and physicality (only half joking!).

I am expecting a “false 9” of some description, and a lack of shape in the final third. Not arsed about Khadra and I hope Poveda isn’t picked. Glad Nyambe is back.

Its a big HSH derby game, and unfortunately I think Robins is their best man. Plus we seem to have a bad record against Coventry over the years. I’m not overly confident.

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Have a bad feeling that you're right.

Coventry are my bogey side. My first game watching the Rovers was against Cov in 1996 (7?) when we lost 2-1 after Sherwood scored in the opening minute. Probably still the earliest goal I've seen live some twenty odd years later.

I remember being at that game. It was an FA Cup tie. That pesky Huckerby! Glad we don't have to face him on Saturday.

As for this weekend, I think it may be one of those frustrating draws. Coventry have made a flying start but aren't as good on the road. We should be stronger at the back with Nyambe and Lenihan returning. I just see us struggling to score this weekend without Diaz. I'm hoping that turns out to be wrong, obviously. Edun and Butterworth have to start, imo.

I'm going for 0-0.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

You've spent the last 18 months telling me that managers like Hughton, McCarthy and Warnock are dinosaurs and you wouldn't want them or their style of play near Ewood.

Now you're saying you'd be happy to win 1-0 through an own goal and don't care how we win.

And I wouldn't want any of them near Ewood Park or Brockhall at all. Yesterday men now..

Plus like the fact you overlooked that we took 7 points of these 3 managers in 3 games so far. Including putting 5 goals pass Cardiff in an very impressive performance..

Also look at how Forest have improved since Steve Cooper gone there. 7 points from 3 goals I believe. 

Or Boro Fans chanting for Warnock to be sack at their last game. 

Plus look at what people are been through by not being to attend games at Ewood Park and what this pandemic has meant for people social life

Edited by chaddyrovers

And I wouldn't want any of them near Ewood Park or Brockhall at all. Yesterday men now..

Plus like the fact you overlooked that we took 7 points of these 3 managers in 3 games so far. Including putting 5 goals pass Cardiff in an very impressive performance..

Also look at how Forest have improved since Steve Cooper gone there. 7 points from 3 goals I believe. 

Or Boro Fans chanting for Warnock to be sack at their last game. 

The irony of labelling serial promotion winners as dinosaurs when we are managed by a bloke last relevant in football about 12 years ago.

I was in Dublin at the weekend. One of the lads in our group a Newcastle fan and when I told him Mowbray was our manager he couldn't even believe he was still working in football. Genuine reaction of when I told him he couldn't believe he was still going.

He should be consigned to history along with the likes of Iain Dowie, Andy Boothroyd not running this club from top to bottom.

I'll have a bet now with you that assuming McCarthy and Warnock stay the full seasons they will both finish above Rovers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There's no bigger dinosaur than our Tony. 

He was yesterday's man when he arrived at Ewood all those years ago

• Like 1