BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/october/14/boss-crosses-fingers-/

Ayala has missed a few days of training too. You know with him that a missed game is always around the corner, lets hope he is ok for Saturday.

If not, give Van Hecke a start. Magloire was obviously out of his depth and as such there was understandably issues with cohesion in the defence in the last 2 games, but Carter himself was poor whilst acknowledging these difficulties.

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On the bench for training?

correct it now

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/october/14/boss-crosses-fingers-/

Ayala has missed a few days of training too. You know with him that a missed game is always around the corner, lets hope he is ok for Saturday.

If not, give Van Hecke a start. Magloire was obviously out of his depth and as such there was understandably issues with cohesion in the defence in the last 2 games, but Carter himself was poor whilst acknowledging these difficulties.

I think I would play Carter over Van Hecke due to him having played more game time this season

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

correct it now

I think I would play Carter over Van Hecke due to him having played more game time this season

He was poor in the last 2 games, and anyway if we base on that logic, Van Hecke, Wharton, Johnson, Rankin Costello and Dack will never play this season as there will always be someone who has played more.

• Like 1

I don't think the time at right back helped carter. It exposed him badly, although,to be fair to him, he didn't completely disgrace himself. If Ayala is fit you can really play either of the 2 beside him , but if Lenihan is and Ayala isn't would go with Carter. Hopefully Lenihan and Ayala are both fit though....

Hopefully Pickering is well enough to play 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He was poor in the last 2 games, and anyway if we base on that logic, Van Hecke, Wharton, Johnson, Rankin Costello and Dack will never play this season as there will always be someone who has played more.

Thought he was much better second half against Blackpool where he got back to previous games performances. 

It's based that 3 games in the next week and Van Hecke has only just returned from injury. No point in rushing him back from injury. Maybe selected for QPR game instead 

• Backroom
9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If he is back in the UK on Saturday morning then he surely should be ok for Tuesday.

Hope so yeah, Jet Lag can be a pain but maybe if he’s back Saturday he’ll be fine

• Backroom
6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Yeah I do 👍 

Did this goal stand? Pretty sure it wouldn’t these days I seem to recall a Le Tissier effort similar with someone chipping it up

edit - the Le Tissier one was rolled to him and he lifted it himself 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ayala was poor the last match.The team in general were poor and didn't help Carter having Magloire that side of him.Everytime a young player has a poor game it doesn't mean they have to be dropped the following game.Van Hecke has missed pre season and only recently started training.Fingers crossed Lenihen is fit but feel Carter would be more deserving of a start with a proper right back playing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Did this goal stand? Pretty sure it wouldn’t these days I seem to recall a Le Tissier effort similar with someone chipping it up

edit - the Le Tissier one was rolled to him and he lifted it himself 

The goal stood, but then the technique was banned, as it was deemed to touch the ball twice, once with each foot, even though it was simultaneous  

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think the time at right back helped carter. It exposed him badly, although,to be fair to him, he didn't completely disgrace himself. If Ayala is fit you can really play either of the 2 beside him , but if Lenihan is and Ayala isn't would go with Carter. Hopefully Lenihan and Ayala are both fit though....

Hopefully Pickering is well enough to play 

Edun would replace Pickering if he's out with tonsilitis.

If he plays that Poveda ahead of Butterworth I'll be fuming, he's bigged Butterworth up in the media 3 times this season and yet to give him a chance.

Meanwhile Poveda who has been nothing short of a disaster is getting game time off the bench.

I'd go a front 3 of.

Dolan Butterworth Kedira 

Burns to come off the bench for one of them and bag a Hatrick in 5 mins

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If he plays that Poveda ahead of Butterworth I'll be fuming, he's bigged Butterworth up in the media 3 times this season and yet to give him a chance.

Meanwhile Poveda who has been nothing short of a disaster is getting game time off the bench.

I'd go a front 3 of.

Dolan Butterworth Kedira 

Agree - fitness of Dolan/Gally depending.

I think the only case for not starting Butterworth if we're missing at least 2 out of Brereton, Gally and Dolan could be ongoing concerns about his fitness, but if he can't even manage 60 minutes by now then that's a really bad sign. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'd go a front 3 of.

Dolan Butterworth Kedira 

That is not Burns's game. He has loads of energy and puts defenders under constant pressure. Eventually they make a mistake and he siezes on it.

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'd go a front 3 of.

Dolan Butterworth Kedira 

I think a lot of people will be.

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

A whole ONE player on international duty, must have been like a ghost town down there, though these are the hurdles you have to face when ‘the journey’ leads to such a quality squad, ay!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2