BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

7 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

coventry have sold a lot of tickets for this saturday,as they are on the up it should be a cracking game,rovers 3-2 coventry i reckon with butterworth coming off the bench to grab the winner😉

They are thinking they’ll have close to 4K travelling.

Category B an all ! Swag will be crying into his pillow, but he won’t make that mistake again for the mighty Sky Blues… so your own fault for enjoying yourself Cov fans!

Edited by Mattyblue

• K-Hod pinned this topic
  • Backroom

I’d forgotten we had lost the last 2, they are doing well but I feel it’s a kind fixture at home after that and the international break.

2-0 Rovers

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team. 

My bench would be Pears, Carter, Johnson, Clarkson, Khadra, Poveda, Burns

LINEUP111633869324681.png

Proves a point in how badly we appeared to have played the Loan market this season when not a single one of them makes the starting line up 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Proves a point in how badly we appeared to have played the Loan market this season when not a single one of them makes the starting line up 

Well not really. They haven't been given alot of game time yet but that will come. I picked Edun on his Blackpool performance and I would to play the same team that played so well second half at Blackpool. 

If Brereton was available to play from the start he would be starting in place of Butterworth. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team. 

I would have Dolan on the right instead of Buckley, Burns in Dolans position. Buckley on the bench.

Edited by rigger

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would have Dolan on the right instead of Buckley, Burns in Dolans position.

Buckley was our best starting 11 player at Blackpool away game. 

Not sure Burns is ready to throw into the starting 11 right now. Plus I want to Butterworth start ahead of Burns for this game

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley was our best starting 11 player at Blackpool away game. 

Not sure Burns is ready to throw into the starting 11 right now. Plus I want to Butterworth start ahead of Burns for this game

We didn't have a best player in the first half. If you read what I have put, Butterworth is still starting.

20 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Loss no.3 of death spiral no.417 

Have a bad feeling that you're right.

Coventry are my bogey side. My first game watching the Rovers was against Cov in 1996 (7?) when we lost 2-1 after Sherwood scored in the opening minute. Probably still the earliest goal I've seen live some twenty odd years later.

Since then, despite us having beaten every decent-sized club in the land several times over, I don't think I've ever seen us beat them in the flesh. Missed the odd victory when we played them in the league, then there were those God awful games in the cup under Sparky. 

Hopefully we put the Ghost to rest on Saturday! But with their start & our lack of options up front, I'm going 1-1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team. 

Wow, and this isn't a pop at your team selection specifically, but that is a dismal team in terms of goal threat, it must be as toothless as any team across the league, where are the goals there?

You defended the loanees earlier and claimed that they will come good, surely they have to start if Gallagher misses out with Brereton also unavailable? If not, then when will they play? Also, Rankin Costello apparently is better from a wide position, surely he comes into the reckoning? Perhaps a front 3 of Dolan, Khadra and Rankin Costello?

I know he crossed for the goal but Buckley is not a winger.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21