BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

11 hours ago, only2garners said:

No one can have gone from Ewood  - we’re currently banned from France.

You can scout players on the web through programs like Wyscout, etc. 

5 hours ago, nbdelboy said:

we do have this fabled european scouting network, 

We still scout Europe for players but given the work permit rules now we are less focus on it. Plus with programs like Wyscout, etc to scout players

1 hour ago, Gav said:

We don't anymore, we sacked him over the summer.....

We didn't sack him but not renew his contract given the new rules around players from Europe and the rules needed for work permit. Did we really need a head of European Scouting? no we didn't. 

We still have plenty of scouts at Rovers

Assuming no one is leaving in January we desperately need a right back. I think if we can get a decent right back and keep the squad together along with dack and JRC featuring at some point, injuries and covid permitting, we really could have one hell of a season

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Assuming no one is leaving in January we desperately need a right back. I think if we can get a decent right back and keep the squad together along with dack and JRC featuring at some point, injuries and covid permitting, we really could have one hell of a season

If we continue to play three at the back, we dont need a right-back, we could do with a starting right wing-back

36 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chris I've literally asked a basic question? Why are you never able to answer the question asked?

Rovers will use scouting tools like Wyscout or something else similar cos of the broad range you can scout players and the amount of data, video analysis you can do. We have scouts and recruitment analysists now at Rovers. We have a discussion during the summer and @JoeHposted some very good detail posts on it. 

On Scouting players in Europe, Its been reported in varioius media about watching Healey in France or having a scout at Benfica game for example. But given the work permit rules now in place I would imagine that one scout/recruitment analysist cover all of Europe now due to limited amount of players we can afford and would met those rules. We have Bruno Reis who Linkedin profile says he is Rovers European Scout Bruno Reis - European Scout - Blackburn Rovers Football Club | LinkedIn.

Other scouts we have are 

Jim Houston - Scout - Blackburn Rovers Football Club | LinkedIn

(5) Pete Bulmer | LinkedIn

(5) John Brown | LinkedIn

(5) Michael Anderson | LinkedIn

recruitment analyst 

Matthew Barratt - Recruitment Analyst - Blackburn Rovers Football Club | LinkedIn

(5) Stewart Heppinstall | LinkedIn

4) Anthony Bates | LinkedIn

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, El Tombro said:

Rovers' scouting won't begin and end with Wyscout. Surely they want to see these players in action over the course of a few games before bringing them into the manager's office.

Regarding France there is surely nothing stopping Rovers from providing a brief to a freelance scout based over there if we really are interested in a player.

At the end of the day, who knows? But there is too much painting club operations as a black and white scenario on here. People are working around COVID-19 to try and continue as normal. Rovers will be doing the same.

Very true. Park scouted Kharda and recommend him after seeing him live against Rangers in a friendly. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can scout players on the web through programs like Wyscout, etc. 

We still scout Europe for players but given the work permit rules now we are less focus on it. Plus with programs like Wyscout, etc to scout players

We didn't sack him but not renew his contract given the new rules around players from Europe and the rules needed for work permit. Did we really need a head of European Scouting? no we didn't. 

We still have plenty of scouts at Rovers

I have several issues with this. 

Firstly there is the rampant hypocrisy of dismissing the European scouting network as unnecessary despite hugely championing it before hand. Fine to change your mind on this - goodness I've been wrong or changed my mind on so many things whilst supporting Rovers, it's part of the joy of football. But maybe a bit of an awareness one has done so rather than a dismissive tone? Seems a bit off to be speaking in such certainties when your last set of certainties were dismissing the previous assertions. 

Then there's the technicality of contract not renewed rather than fired. Surely the point (got by all and sundry) is that the chap no longer works for us and this is the issue? All data needs interpreting and by experts so surely having someone with nous of the European market and leagues would be able to interpret the data more effectively? They'd see the nuance and subtleties, and most importantly context, that perhaps wouldn't be seen by Joe Blogs - or perhaps more pertinently generic scouts might not pick up on. It was pretty obvious the point was we may not have an expert doing it which could be concerning. 

Perish the thought that this could have been picked up on. 

• Like 7

We have a significantly smaller recruitment team up at Hearts than Rovers and we have signed and will continue to sign players from overseas moving forward - scouting remotely. So it's perfectly plausible that Rovers can and will do the same. Yes GBE rulings have changed things, but it's still viable to recruit from foreign markets

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We have a significantly smaller recruitment team up at Hearts than Rovers and we have signed and will continue to sign players from overseas moving forward - scouting remotely. So it's perfectly plausible that Rovers can and will do the same. Yes GBE rulings have changed things, but it's still viable to recruit from foreign markets

Joe, Can I asked how you finding it at Hearts?

Would you given your experience that Rovers would need less staff tho to scout those European markets?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Glynn Chamberlain wasn't of the same opinion before he left.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If we continue to play three at the back, we dont need a right-back, we could do with a starting right wing-back

Why, what's Nyambe done wrong recently?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Park scouted Kharda and recommend him after seeing him live against Rangers in a friendly. 

If this is correct (I don't recall hearing it said previously), then it's not a bad start to Park's Ewood stint; if he can pull more rabbits out of the hat like Khadra then that's good enough fir me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Glynn Chamberlain wasn't of the same opinion before he left.

Why, what's Nyambe done wrong recently?

If by recently you mean the last game, then Nyambe has done nothing wrong. Look at his injury record and the fact he is not good at the attacking side of being a wing-back and I stick by my suggestion that we could do with a starting wing-back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

If this is correct (I don't recall hearing it said previously), then it's not a bad start to Park's Ewood stint; if he can pull more rabbits out of the hat like Khadra then that's good enough fir me.

I would agree if we manage to sign Khadra on a permanant deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

read it here

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/19587182.tony-mowbray-reveals-blackburn-rovers-reda-khadra-pursuit/

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would agree if we manage to sign Khadra on a permanant deal.

Why does it matter if he signs permanently or not in terms of praising Park for identifying him?

It wasnt down to Park that we had to sign loans

Edited by islander200

£15k per week is the current maximum for any player.....fact!

It's believed that a view is being taken that this may change, dependant on the potential future transfer value of a player ......extremely sensible IMO. Based upon this however, I've no doubt that some may be going in January!

I've every faith currently that come January 31st, we'll have a stronger squad than we have currently!!

I'm also aware of 2 French lads that were of interest to Rovers last summer (I know them both) but because of the new rules now in place as a consequence of Brexit, neither scored sufficient points for further consideration. They both scored 8 points and the qualifying criteria is a minimum of 15 points based on a variety of factors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will use scouting tools like Wyscout or something else similar cos of the broad range you can scout players and the amount of data, video analysis you can do. We have scouts and recruitment analysists now at Rovers. We have a discussion during the summer and @JoeHposted some very good detail posts on it. 

On Scouting players in Europe, Its been reported in varioius media about watching Healey in France or having a scout at Benfica game for example. But given the work permit rules now in place I would imagine that one scout/recruitment analysist cover all of Europe now due to limited amount of players we can afford and would met those rules. We have Bruno Reis who Linkedin profile says he is Rovers European Scout Bruno Reis - European Scout - Blackburn Rovers Football Club | LinkedIn.

Other scouts we have are 

Jim Houston - Scout - Blackburn Rovers Football Club | LinkedIn

(5) Pete Bulmer | LinkedIn

(5) John Brown | LinkedIn

(5) Michael Anderson | LinkedIn

recruitment analyst 

Matthew Barratt - Recruitment Analyst - Blackburn Rovers Football Club | LinkedIn

(5) Stewart Heppinstall | LinkedIn

4) Anthony Bates | LinkedIn

Okay so in answer to my question.

Which was "Do you know this from your deep connections through Rovers or a website?"

The answer would have been "I know Rovers scouting plans not on deep connections within Rovers but from websites".

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I have a question for you, Joe. What role, if any, does Football Manager (the game) play in professional football? I mean, do coaches/scouts ever refer to it when wanting to know more about a player?

It's something I've always wondered as a keen player of said game.

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I have a question for you, Joe. What role, if any, does Football Manager (the game) play in professional football? I mean, do coaches/scouts ever refer to it when wanting to know more about a player?

It's something I've always wondered as a keen player of said game.

Firmino - Hoffenheim manager scouted him through Football Manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Okay so in answer to my question.

Which was "Do you know this from your deep connections through Rovers or a website?"

The answer would have been "I know Rovers scouting plans not on deep connections within Rovers but from websites".

Thanks for clearing that up.

Not only websites but other means like people asking questions to the club, etc. 

But tbh very much of information is out there for the public to see. Just need some proper research doing..

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Firmino - Hoffenheim manager scouted him through Football Manager.

I feel like Everton once used it but I'm wondering if I'm getting mixed up with it being a shirt sponsor for somebody.