BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

PNE Ticket prices

After the successful and positivity following the Sheff Utd game and atmosphere, why would Waggot not seize the opportunity to lower ticket prices to £20 for the Preston game.

This is/was yet another fantastic opportunity to get more bums on seats and make Ewood a place that retuning fans want to be at. 

We know the nobbers will shift between 6-7 k and at £30 we'll probably shift around 10k

Had he reduced tickets to £20 I reckon we'd have looking at an attendance way over 20k

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, damo100 said:

After the successful and positivity following the Sheff Utd game and atmosphere, why would Waggot not seize the opportunity to lower ticket prices to £20 for the Preston game.

This is/was yet another fantastic opportunity to get more bums on seats and make Ewood a place that retuning fans want to be at. 

We know the nobbers will shift between 6-7 k and at £30 we'll probably shift around 10k

Had he reduced tickets to £20 I reckon we'd have looking at an attendance way over 20k

swag completely missed a trick on this one,we could have got a 25000+ gate with reduces prices,north end would have filled the darwen end no problem,we`ll be lucky to touch 15,000 now i think,it`s still not occured to him that he`s not in manchester or london and the casual fans in blackburn won`t pay,i suppose he did concede a bit,originally it was cat a+ at £36!!!!!!!,still to much at £30 for an area where money is tight

Anyone associated with the club and anyone of a PNE persuasion knows £30 is too much and that it will seriously limit the numbers being sold.

But our esteemed £300,000 a year leader knows better. Unfortunately for us time and time again over the last 4 years we have been proven right and Waggott's policies have been proven wrong. Down to 7000 season ticket holders is his legacy and proof his policies had failed.

I was under the impression he had realised the error of his ways and was trying to reverse it with recent price cuts and attempts to get people back. He gets a golden opportunity and reverts to type.

It will be 16,000 if we are lucky and I expect another mad giveaway of a thousand or so in the family stands the week before the game to boost numbers from embarrassing levels.

Good news for those working at Ewood who fancy a comfortable day at the office though.

• Like 5

Not even certain that the usual sure thing of ‘6-7k nobbers’ will happen at those prices, their current form and general fan unhappiness with the board.

So it will be a failure all round. No big cash in from away fans (which is the actual reason for such pricing) and a potential to market a juicy fixture to our own supporters missed.

Absolute fools down there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Hi pne fan here 

I agree with the above comments expecting around 4K maybe 5k maximum for this one 

£30 is too much for some and there is a real disconnect between the fans and the club right now 

Of course a couple of good results beforehand would boost numbers but I don’t think we will be seeing the 6-7k numbers of previous years

Is this definitely staying as a 3pm ko ? 

This may seem rather left field, especially with the budgets having been cut to the bone down at Ewood, but you do wonder how long it will be before a club offers free admission to season ticket holders for the entire season, or maybe the entire season for £10 a game to help that promotion push.

In the 12 months to June 2020 we lost £21m, up from £17m the season before, so much for getting wages under control........How much is season ticket income? 8000 x £40 = £320k (Nothing really in the grand scheme of things)

I understand the question around devaluing the product, if you've paid nothing to watch the team, you'll be loathed to pay anything in future, but many areas of business are going down the giveaway route, software in particular, will football ever follow suit? 

I doubt it.....

1 hour ago, Gav said:

This may seem rather left field, especially with the budgets having been cut to the bone down at Ewood, but you do wonder how long it will be before a club offers free admission to season ticket holders for the entire season, or maybe the entire season for £10 a game to help that promotion push.

In the 12 months to June 2020 we lost £21m, up from £17m the season before, so much for getting wages under control........How much is season ticket income? 8000 x £40 = £320k (Nothing really in the grand scheme of things)

I understand the question around devaluing the product, if you've paid nothing to watch the team, you'll be loathed to pay anything in future, but many areas of business are going down the giveaway route, software in particular, will football ever follow suit? 

I doubt it.....

Missed a zero off? Tickets are £400 arent they? £3.2m is hardly a drop in the ocean, it's around 20% of annual revenue (based on 2019 stat accounts - pre Covid).

At the end of the day, without going to ludicrous levels, I'm just not sure the demand is there at the moment. To make £3.2m at say £300 (£13 a game!), they'd have to sell another 2,667. Admittedly, there would be additional match day revenues from bigger crowds, but I just don't see the demand being there whilst we languish in mid table with the Venkys and Mowbray in charge.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Missed a zero off? Tickets are £400 arent they? £3.2m is hardly a drop in the ocean, it's around 20% of annual revenue (based on 2019 stat accounts - pre Covid).

At the end of the day, without going to ludicrous levels, I'm just not sure the demand is there at the moment. To make £3.2m at say £300 (£13 a game!), they'd have to sell another 2,667. Admittedly, there would be additional match day revenues from bigger crowds, but I just don't see the demand being there whilst we languish in mid table with the Venkys and Mowbray in charge.

Quite right, I was rushing......apologies. 

I'd sell tickets for the Darwen End and Blackburn End at £30 (I think you have to sell like-for-like views at the same price) and then sell tickets for the Jack Walker and Riverside at £20 each. Maximise revenue received from PNE and ensure there is a large number of home fans in the stadium.

Assuming you're allowed to do that.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd sell tickets for the Darwen End and Blackburn End at £30 (I think you have to sell like-for-like views at the same price) and then sell tickets for the Jack Walker and Riverside at £20 each. Maximise revenue received from PNE and ensure there is a large number of home fans in the stadium.

Assuming you're allowed to do that.

People would just move from the Blackburn end to the Jack Walker.

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

No issue with that. Presumably there is a good number of season ticket holders in the Blackburn End that would at least make that not look empty - and then fill up the stands down the touchline.

How many season ticket holders do we have? 8k?

At £30 a ticket:

Season ticket holders x 8k = £0

PNE fans x 6k (at £30): £180,000

Rovers fans x 4k (at £30): £120,000

Total attendance: 18,000 (Gate receipts on the day £300k)  Home fans (12k) Away fans (6k)

At £30 a ticket in the ends / £20 a ticket down the touchline:

Rovers fans x 8k (at £20): £160,000

Total attendance: 22,000 (Gate receipts on the day £340k) Home fans (16k) Away fans (6k)

At £20 a ticket all over the stadium:

PNE fans x 7.5k (at £20): £150,000

Rovers fans at 8k (at £20): £160,000

Total attendance: 23,500 (Gate receipts on the day £310k) Home fans (16k) Away fans (7.5k)

Obviously a large number of assumptions and estimates there, but I don't reckon the numbers are unrealistic.

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

The same effect was had at the Sheff Utd game.

£14.60 all round, so people grab the best seats. Where I sit in the JWU, it was rammed in comparison to a normal game. To me, the BBE didn't seem much busier than usual.

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

No issue with that. Presumably there is a good number of season ticket holders in the Blackburn End that would at least make that not look empty - and then fill up the stands down the touchline.

How many season ticket holders do we have? 8k?

At £30 a ticket:

Rovers fans x 4k (at £30): £120,000

Total attendance: 18,000 (Gate receipts on the day £300k)  Home fans (12k) Away fans (6k)

At £30 a ticket in the ends / £20 a ticket down the touchline:

Rovers fans x 8k (at £20): £160,000

Total attendance: 22,000 (Gate receipts on the day £340k) Home fans (16k) Away fans (6k)

At £20 a ticket all over the stadium:

PNE fans x 7.5k (at £20): £150,000

Rovers fans at 8k (at £20): £160,000

Total attendance: 23,500 (Gate receipts on the day £310k) Home fans (16k) Away fans (7.5k)

Obviously a large number of assumptions and estimates there, but I don't reckon the numbers are unrealistic.

You're main assumption is that there are 16,000 Rovers fans willing to pay for the below par product we usually get at Ewood.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

8000 home match tickets being sold? So a 24,000-ish crowd?!

No chance that we would sell nearly double the match tickets we did for Sheff Utd, especially at £5 a ticket dearer.

Sheffield United attendance - 17,291 (4,705 away fans) - so approximately 4.5k tickets sold for the match in the home areas.

That was on the back of a 7-0 defeat and not against another Lancashire side.

Maybe I'm being slightly optimistic though - maybe 5.5k home fans rather than 8k.

• Like 2

You all need to bear in mind that the actual take is way below the figure you get by multiplying the adult ticket price by a number. You need to bear in mind that there are huge numbers of concessionary tickets being sold - seniors, kids and young adults. That 4.5K extra tickets last Saturday would have grossed an average of well less than £10 I would imagine.

• Like 3

I would love to see a drill down if it’s available anywhere on what tickets we do sell per age range.

I see a lot of youngsters 18-23 and a lot of the seniors. Their tickets are £18-£24.

Which is a price range I think all tickets should be. Be keen to see how many we sell at 18-Senior age.