BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Spoke to a couple of mates who are there - said it looked bad based on player reactions. Said one of our players vomited when they saw it. 

Any rumours of who will take over permanent? 

What your view of the decisions by the current owners to get rid off of alot of staff including your chief scout and technical director?

what been the talk between Burnley of Pace's decision to sack Dyche and his staff? 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember both those incidents. I was at the Forest game. He did his ankle against  ‘ Boro. He had the ball and he was trying to get away from Juninho. Juninho grabbed his arm and tried to spin him around. LeSaux’s body moved but his foot was stuck in the turf. He was facing one way and his foot was at 90 degrees to the rest of him ! It wasn’t much of a foul and it wasn’t a deliberate attempt to injure LeSaux.

Going from memory I’d say he was out about 12 months after that.

I can’t honestly believe a top level club would neglect the treatment of one of it’s prize assets to be honest but if that’s what he wants to say who am I to contradict him.

There’s a very good reason why Dave Batty couldn’t stand him. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any rumours of who will take over permanent? 

What your view of the decisions by the current owners to get rid off of alot of staff including your chief scout and technical director?

what been the talk between Burnley of Pace's decision to sack Dyche and his staff? 

Not heard any rumours on long term replacements - not even sure they had a plan for what they have done. Lots of things not quite adding up - such as stories now coming out saying they’ve been thinking about it for a few weeks - but 2 weeks ago the Chairman apparently did an interview due for release this weekend where he was supporting Dyche.

My personal view is its a damn mess. Whilst I don’t agree with the decision on Dyche in any way, getting rid of the entire coaching staff is perverse and odd in the extreme. They’ve got rid of a goal keeping coach who has overseen 2 keepers rise to get into the England squad amongst other things for example. In essence they have ripped out the foundations of the club and we have zero continuity. Maybe that’s a good thing 🤷‍♂️. I honestly don’t think the owners get it, they’ve panicked. I understand the financial risk - as should they have done when they bought the club with money they don’t have. I for one cannot come up with a single name more likely to get a club, at least one like ours, promoted from the championship than Dyche. I hope to be proved wrong but can imagine him being appointed somewhere like West Brom next. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat his success.

General consensus amongst my friends is the decision is a poor one - and also a classless one. We seemed to finally have built a solid base, something we could rely on - only to wantonly destroy it over one bad season. I genuinely fear for our long term future. I know that sounds like hyperbole but with something like 60-100 million in high interest debt to service if we go down and don’t bounce straight back insolvency won’t be many seasons off.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not heard any rumours on long term replacements - not even sure they had a plan for what they have done. Lots of things not quite adding up - such as stories now coming out saying they’ve been thinking about it for a few weeks - but 2 weeks ago the Chairman apparently did an interview due for release this weekend where he was supporting Dyche.

My personal view is its a damn mess. Whilst I don’t agree with the decision on Dyche in any way, getting rid of the entire coaching staff is perverse and odd in the extreme. They’ve got rid of a goal keeping coach who has overseen 2 keepers rise to get into the England squad amongst other things for example. In essence they have ripped out the foundations of the club and we have zero continuity. Maybe that’s a good thing 🤷‍♂️. I honestly don’t think the owners get it, they’ve panicked. I understand the financial risk - as should they have done when they bought the club with money they don’t have. I for one cannot come up with a single name more likely to get a club, at least one like ours, promoted from the championship than Dyche. I hope to be proved wrong but can imagine him being appointed somewhere like West Brom next. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat his success.

General consensus amongst my friends is the decision is a poor one - and also a classless one. We seemed to finally have built a solid base, something we could rely on - only to wantonly destroy it over one bad season. I genuinely fear for our long term future. I know that sounds like hyperbole but with something like 60-100 million in high interest debt to service if we go down and don’t bounce straight back insolvency won’t be many seasons off.

Even if you assume that there is scope for a more suitable manager being appointed either to keep you up or at worst, getting you straight back up. If there is any truth in the reports, looking at financial risk and reward, you are paying potentially £15m to pay off Dyche plus the salary of a new manager to roll that dice. It makes no sense in any way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if you assume that there is scope for a more suitable manager being appointed either to keep you up or at worst, getting you straight back up. If there is any truth in the reports, looking at financial risk and reward, you are paying potentially £15m to pay off Dyche plus the salary of a new manager to roll that dice. It makes no sense in any way.

I heard his old contract was 3.5 million plus 2.5 bonus for staying up. With 3 and half years to run that is potentially 12 1/4 million plus salaries for his team. Allowing that his new deal you imagine was a bit better 15 million seems right. Of course he’ll be out on gardening leave if they have any sense leaving him with the choice of not taking a new job for 3.5 years or agreeing a deal. Still have to think this costs is at least 10 million. They might argue if we stay up it was worth it - though of course we will never know if would have stayed up without the change.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

I heard his old contract was 3.5 million plus 2.5 bonus for staying up. With 3 and half years to run that is potentially 12 1/4 million plus salaries for his team. Allowing that his new deal you imagine was a bit better 15 million seems right. Of course he’ll be out on gardening leave if they have any sense leaving him with the choice of not taking a new job for 3.5 years or agreeing a deal. Still have to think this costs is at least 10 million. They might argue if we stay up it was worth it - though of course we will never know if would have stayed up without the change.

That sort of money makes Rishi Sunak look like a cheap skate. How is any normal person going to spend that sort of money ?

39 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We've all been there on this forum.

I saw some twaddle from a Burnley fan saying we had insurmountable debts when Venkys took over and would have dropped sometime anyway. Absolute bullshit. The club was 13th in the PL when they took over. The debt was £21m and Phil Jones was later sold for 17.5m. Steve Kean started the real rot on the field, and his cronies took an enviously well ran club, sidelined anyone of any note (who then left) and ran it into the ground. And it's still being ran by people with seemingly no power with apathetic owners literally phoning it in.

Fit and proper.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

They sacked him. How can they then force a gardening leave on him to try and get him to take a reduced new payout?

I think he'd have them in Court, plus such an attitude by the owners would make any managers interested in the job very wary.

You better survive this season or it's going south and fast.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

When Dyche was sacked I thought you had a replacement line up but they haven't. 

Now 3 days later who would you like to see appoint and would you make an appointment for 7 games or long term

Yes the chairman's interview was with Lancs Live and I read it today

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

It appears that the new owners has been slowly taking away Dyche's overall control or recruitment and scouting, over the past year. I read today that your head physio had been sacked with Dyche and his entire coaching staff. Plus your Chief Scout Hodge and Technical director Rigg have both left the club over recent months. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If there is any truth in the reports, looking at financial risk and reward, you are paying potentially £15m to pay off Dyche plus the salary of a new manager to roll that dice. It makes no sense in any way.

It was reported today(I provided a link this morning to this story) that Sacking Dyche will cost the club 15 million to pay his contract off and I wouldn't surprise if it went to court or their put on gardening leave for the next 12 months

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Apparently this former 4th Division outfit took a paltry 800 fans to West Ham, having been offered 3000 seats. 

Nothing like getting behind the lads in a crisis.

Whilst I love any opportunity to rub salt in the wounds let’s be honest travelling to London on Easter Sunday is likely to be a pain in the ass 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Whilst I love any opportunity to rub salt in the wounds let’s be honest travelling to London on Easter Sunday is likely to be a pain in the ass 

Very true . Unfortunately I showed a little less Christian spirit than you on this holiest of days and just couldn't stop myself from applying the salt.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

It’s all looking like a repeat of what Venky’s did. Buy a club holding their own in the prem. Start to make ridiculous decisions and get relegated. Sacking a manager like Dyche is one thing, but hope like hell that they don’t appoint some no mark that no one has ever heard of, who runs amok and becomes the most hated figure the club have ever employed.

If they do, make sure none of your fans, ever go for a drink with him, as that would really spike things up,

• Like 3

Sadly for our six fingered cousins from down the M65, it looks very suspiciously like history repeating itself. No chairman, wholesale and illogical changes in the backroom staff, sacking of a tried and tested manager, bizarre noises coming from the ownership cadre.... yup! If I was a claret with half a brain (and let's face it there can't be that many with such relative riches in Burnleh) then I'd be having a long hard look at the 'model' for taking a well run Premier League family-oriented club and running into the ground for the benefit of folks in the shadows to be able to fill their dirty great pockets with lucre. Ahem, burnleh compadres, welcome to our nightmare of shit world!

9 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Apparently this former 4th Division outfit took a paltry 800 fans to West Ham, having been offered 3000 seats. 

Nothing like getting behind the lads in a crisis.

Don't forget no trains to London this weekend. My explained the poor turn off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lraC said:

It’s all looking like a repeat of what Venky’s did. Buy a club holding their own in the prem. Start to make ridiculous decisions and get relegated. Sacking a manager like Dyche is one thing, but hope like hell that they don’t appoint some no mark that no one has ever heard of, who runs amok and becomes the most hated figure the club have ever employed.

If they do, make sure none of your fans, ever go for a drink with him, as that would really spike things up,

The positive you have over us is that at least you don’t have to service exceptionally expensive debt from club income.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't forget no trains to London this weekend. My explained the poor turn off. 

As is the case with the Rovers, not all  Burnley fans will be either, going by train, or travelling from East Lancs. But it is still an average turn out for a championship side (to be). 

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

As is the case with the Rovers, not all  Burnley fans will be either, going by train, or travelling from East Lancs. But it is still an average turn out for a championship side (to be). 

I wouldn't normally travelled on train for away game but really go in the car myself. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't normally travelled on train for away game but really go in the car myself. 

But the lack of trains was a reason you gave for the poor Burnley uptake. 

P.S. Why don't you use English ?

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

But the lack of trains was a reason you gave for the poor Burnley uptake. 

P.S. Why don't you use English ?

and that was probably one of the main reasons why the lack of supporters who went. 

Maybe drop that attitude and understand the current situation people are living in. 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

The positive you have over us is that at least you don’t have to service exceptionally expensive debt from club income.

It is a small positive, as them being as absent as they are and also question marks being raised about the real owners, makes me wonder what is going on.

How the football authorities keep on allowing this to go on, with our "smaller clubs" is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

The rail disruption didn't seem to have the same effect on Liverpool or Man City fans going to Wembley. 

Perhaps Burnley just don't have a very good away support.

Man City put on extra 50 coaches for the fans to travel down there, 

A work colleague of mine who is Liverpool season ticket holder drove down for the game leaving at 6am that morning 

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

The rail disruption didn't seem to have the same effect on Liverpool or Man City fans going to Wembley. 

Perhaps Burnley just don't have a very good away support.

The novelty has worn off for the fans of a small PL club to go away from home in big numbers year after year… though, of course, when we took followings in the hundreds to some PL games it was because of our ‘pathetic support’ and ‘lack of passion’ (unlike them, obviously).

• Like 1