BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

On 11/06/2022 at 16:40, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882@sympatheticclaret

what do you think of your retained list? Surprise by it? or what you thought? 

how many players do you think you need to sign?

Not surprised but would have liked Mee to stay. Also Cork for me. In both cases I don’t think it was our decision.

As for how many we need to sign, 9 or 10 I would think.

On 11/06/2022 at 20:24, Exiled_Rover said:

Rivalry aside, I'd rather live in Burnley. Lancashire is a beautiful place. 

Indeed it is. Of course we can go to many an old mill town and find pictures of degradation but as easily of beautiful rolling hills and countryside.

On 13/06/2022 at 13:44, goozburger said:

Apparently no announcement on Kompany today.

This article is a few years old, but is it anything to do with his lack of qualifications? I can't find anything on what licence (if any) Kompany currently holds. It's becoming a bigger farce for them than ours has been!

JDT holds the highest possible licence (UEFA Pro), which is potentially why his work visa is likely to be approved in the next couple of days. This Kompany thing has been going on for longer than our managerial search!

On 13/06/2022 at 14:12, chaddyrovers said:

You would have thought Burnley would have known about this problem with Kompany not having Pro licence so it being a problem gaining a work permit

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’ll be there Chaddy. Don’t get your hopes up.

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

Apparently contract been signed since late May. Not sure why the visa issues are/were but resolved now. Feels like we both have exciting managerial appointments. Admittedly both could go anyway from inspired to total failure but at least right now it feels like it could be an interesting few months. I suspect the license issue was resolved because he has been head coach the last 2 seasons at Anderlecht.

Edited by longsiders1882

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I read somewhere that he’s bringing in Craig Bellamy as his assistant. Of all the guys he’s played with in his career he chooses Bellamy ? A really great player who was a total winner, but reading his autobiography, unless he’s changed with age he’d cause trouble in an empty house.

The papers have said this - no idea if it is true. Like you say, absolute winner but can imagine he’s a handful. Kompany must see something if the paper talk has substance.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not surprised but would have liked Mee to stay. Also Cork for me. In both cases I don’t think it was our decision.

As for how many we need to sign, 9 or 10 I would think.

Fair enough. Big rebuilding job for Kompany there and what funds will he actually get

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Apparently contract been signed since late May. Not sure why the visa issues are/were but resolved now. Feels like we both have exciting managerial appointments. Admittedly both could go anyway from inspired to total failure but at least right now it feels like it could be an interesting few months. I suspect the license issue was resolved because he has been head coach the last 2 seasons at Anderlecht.

I believe the issue is around him not having a pro UEFA licence why it took so long. 

Surprised that no coaching staff were announcement when the Kompany's appointment was announced. 

19 minutes ago, goozburger said:

If it's true that they've negotiated a deal with Michael Dell to reduce the loan payment due after their relegation, they'll have a fair bit to play with. I'm not sure Kompany would have gone there if he didn't have much to spend because they've got quite a rebuild job of their own to oversee in the next couple of months. Some on their message board are suggesting anything from £15m to £30m.

Truth is we don’t know. We don’t know yet who’s going - but I assume Cornet and Pope as minimums (with Weghorst out as a loan). Assuming that is it then as a minimum just for the starting 11 we need a striker, winger, centre mid and centre back. Then there is the squad depth so another one, possibly 2, wingers. If Vydra signs then we are probably ok up top, if not then another forward. At least one more centre mid, assuming Westwood is back soon from injury. Another left back and another centre back. So that’s 8 players and we’d still be thin. Of course I don’t know if we have any youth players ready to step up etc and I presume we will utilise the loan market as much as possible - is it max 4?

Not all 8 plus have to be big money but a top striker I feel is a must. IF we sell Pope and Cornet I can’t see how we can do it for less than 30 million, sell more and the spend goes up again.

19 minutes ago, goozburger said:

One or two of yours aren't sure Cornet will go. He'd rip this league up if he stayed.

I have this funny feeling you might get Rothwell. On a free, a good player for this league, but then he might not be up Kompany's alley. Speaking of which, it'll be interesting to see if he raids the Belgian market for a few hidden gems.

I might be wrong, but I think you can include five loan players in the match day squad throughout the entire season. You'll be getting first dibs at City, no doubt. Adarabioyo was a good loan for us, but Harwood-Bellis wasn't up to much. We also had Jack Byrne when your old messiah Coyle was here, but I don't think he was up to much. Our best loan by far was van Hecke from Brighton. Leave him alone, please! 😄 No, seriously, he's somewhat of a loan hero to us.

On the loan to MSD, I wonder if Pace was scurrying to sort a few things out and set out a financial plan to sell to Kompany. I can't really see why his work visa could have possibly held things up. I suspect it may have been this financial plan, or perhaps mulling over these other offers which he mentioned in his interview.

I’ll be really surprised if Cornet stays. He would IMO rip the championship up but I just can’t see a world where he doesn’t leave.

I would imagine he (Kompany) might know of a few in the Belgian leagues who can do a decent job for us.

It might well have been Pace getting the reassurances on available funds - doubt we will ever know.

On 14/06/2022 at 20:45, goozburger said:

One or two of yours aren't sure Cornet will go. He'd rip this league up if he stayed.

I have this funny feeling you might get Rothwell. On a free, a good player for this league, but then he might not be up Kompany's alley. Speaking of which, it'll be interesting to see if he raids the Belgian market for a few hidden gems.

I might be wrong, but I think you can include five loan players in the match day squad throughout the entire season. You'll be getting first dibs at City, no doubt. Adarabioyo was a good loan for us, but Harwood-Bellis wasn't up to much. We also had Jack Byrne when your old messiah Coyle was here, but I don't think he was up to much. Our best loan by far was van Hecke from Brighton. Leave him alone, please! 😄 No, seriously, he's somewhat of a loan hero to us.

On the loan to MSD, I wonder if Pace was scurrying to sort a few things out and set out a financial plan to sell to Kompany. I can't really see why his work visa could have possibly held things up. I suspect it may have been this financial plan, or perhaps mulling over these other offers which he mentioned in his interview.

Rothwell sold his property up north and won’t be going to Burnley after leaving Rovers! Huge step down😂😂

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

JR will be in the Premier League after trebling/quadrupling his wages, explain how that is a ‘huge step down’?

Read it, going to bumley would be a huge step down, financially embarrassed, no squad and if he thinks Burnley is a better option than Rovers after his PL ambitions statement then it s huge step down imo. But then again, if you think bumley are a better option to Rovers get yourself onto the turd🥸

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882 Has Kompany appoint any of his own coaching staff yet? Plus when do you return for pre season?

Nothing announced that I know of but he’s alluded to bringing some of his own team in so if they aren’t here now they will be soon. No idea what the pre season dates are, gave up on pre season years ago .

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Read it, going to bumley would be a huge step down, financially embarrassed, no squad and if he thinks Burnley is a better option than Rovers after his PL ambitions statement then it s huge step down imo. But then again, if you think bumley are a better option to Rovers get yourself onto the turd🥸

You seem to know a lot about our finances so maybe you can tell me what the re negotiated deal is they’ve done with Michael Dell? As for no squad, if we had to play tomorrow we would probably line up with Pope in goal, Roberts, Collins, Long and Taylor. McNeill, Brownhill, Cork, Cornet with Barnes and Rodriguez up top. I’d be happy enough to start the season with that first 11.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Nothing announced that I know of but he’s alluded to bringing some of his own team in so if they aren’t here now they will be soon. No idea what the pre season dates are, gave up on pre season years ago .

You seem to know a lot about our finances so maybe you can tell me what the re negotiated deal is they’ve done with Michael Dell? As for no squad, if we had to play tomorrow we would probably line up with Pope in goal, Roberts, Collins, Long and Taylor. McNeill, Brownhill, Cork, Cornet with Barnes and Rodriguez up top. I’d be happy enough to start the season with that first 11.

you really think pope,cornet,taylor and brownhill are going to play in the championship🤣,says it all when you lot have to give an extension to the clumsy oaf barnes,face it mate,you lot are *******,it`s going to be a long,cold winter😊

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

From my nearest Burnley followers with sons who play in the youth teams, its a pipe dream to think those 11 will start the first game of the season.

As for the finance aspect, no I cant help you on that one other than there is a considerable payment due which will wipe out the two years advantage of parachute payments added to loyalty bonus for the players who have just said their goodbyes. 

There is a complete behind the scene restructuring going on with a number of staff having been told they face pay cuts, redundancy and job losses because of the relegation.

Personally, I am really looking forward to locking horns with all of the LANCASHIRE teams this season, its a mini league in itself and whoever comes out top might just find themselves in a promotion chasing position.

33 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Kompany wanted Simon Davies his former assistant but he has gone to Spurs academy. 

Are you concern by the lack of appointments to the coaching staff by Kompany and the club? 

33 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As for no squad, if we had to play tomorrow we would probably line up with Pope in goal, Roberts, Collins, Long and Taylor. McNeill, Brownhill, Cork, Cornet with Barnes and Rodriguez up top. I’d be happy enough to start the season with that first 11.

Cornet wants out. McNeil is wanted by Newcastle and Spurs. 

Do you honestly think That front 2 is mobile enough for the championship? 

I think you need younger players and suited to this league. 

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

With JDT at the helm, Burnley in disarray and United falling apart the next couple of seasons might just be very very enjoyable 😁

I admire your optimism but I fear those dingles and their dirty parachute payments are about to sign the best young players in the country on loan and be carried by them

• Like 5

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you really think pope,cornet,taylor and brownhill are going to play in the championship🤣,says it all when you lot have to give an extension to the clumsy oaf barnes,face it mate,you lot are *******,it`s going to be a long,cold winter😊

I said ‘as it stands today’. 

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

From my nearest Burnley followers with sons who play in the youth teams, its a pipe dream to think those 11 will start the first game of the season.

As for the finance aspect, no I cant help you on that one other than there is a considerable payment due which will wipe out the two years advantage of parachute payments added to loyalty bonus for the players who have just said their goodbyes. 

There is a complete behind the scene restructuring going on with a number of staff having been told they face pay cuts, redundancy and job losses because of the relegation.

Personally, I am really looking forward to locking horns with all of the LANCASHIRE teams this season, its a mini league in itself and whoever comes out top might just find themselves in a promotion chasing position.

As above, I said as it stands today. On the repayment, like I say, this big chunk has been renegotiated. They have been restructuring and cutting staff for over 18 months, nothing to do with relegation.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Somebody will come in for Pope surely? Genuine Premier league keeper that one. Cornet will go I'd guess.

Since the owners seem only interested in money not football I'd say the outlook for Burnley is bleak.

Of course they will, but they’ll need more than 10/20 million to get him.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kompany wanted Simon Davies his former assistant but he has gone to Spurs academy. 

Are you concern by the lack of appointments to the coaching staff by Kompany and the club? 

Cornet wants out. McNeil is wanted by Newcastle and Spurs. 

Do you honestly think That front 2 is mobile enough for the championship? 

I think you need younger players and suited to this league. 

Those players may well want out - but someone has to come in with serious offers. I would be surprised if Pope, McNeill, Cornet, Brownhill and Taylor weren’t bought. The real jewel in the crown is Collins, he’s different level altogether. IF people come in for them that’s a big job to do rebuilding - but also a big bank balance, in the region of 140 a 160 million to buy all them.

Im not worried about the back room stuff, it will all be in hand but it’s not headline making.

13 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

With JDT at the helm, Burnley in disarray and United falling apart the next couple of seasons might just be very very enjoyable 😁

Roll on the new season.