BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

46 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

having grown up in the 1980`s it`s nowhere near as bad as it was,just be thankful of that,mostly coked up spotty teenagers these days,who if they saw real trouble,would run a mile

Here is a history lesson from someone who grew up in the 50’s/60’s. 
I grew up with mates who were a cross section of Rovers, Burnley and PNE fans, but essentially we were fans of football. 
Regarding Rovers v Burnley matches, the lads who supported Rovers and Burnley traveled together on the bus to either Ewood or Turf Moor. We wore our shirts with pride and went to our respective ends to join up with the fans of our particular club. At the end of the game we travelled home together. At no time did we encounter any trouble. 
Where did all the agro start then? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I grew up with mates who were a cross section of Rovers, Burnley and PNE fans, but essentially we were fans of football. 
Regarding Rovers v Burnley matches, the lads who supported Rovers and Burnley traveled together on the bus to either Ewood or Turf Moor. We wore our shirts with pride and went to our respective ends to join up with the fans of our particular club. At the end of the game we travelled home together. At no time did we encounter any trouble. 

at a guess,i suppose the start of cheap available travel and the enlightenment and the loss of innocence of the 60`s started all the hooligan movement,it spread in the 70`s  and plateaud in the 80`s when it really was out of control,there really is`nt any organised nasty stuff there was in the 80`s,just a few ****** up idiots these days,thats life in general though,not just at the football

18 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Did most people in the 60s wear team shirts, I don't remember that. Hassle between Rovers and Burnley must have started in the 80s. in the 70s Bolton were our biggest rivals.

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

at a guess,i suppose the start of cheap available travel and the enlightenment and the loss of innocence of the 60`s started all the hooligan movement,it spread in the 70`s  and plateaud in the 80`s when it really was out of control,there really is`nt any organised nasty stuff there was in the 80`s,just a few ****** up idiots these days,thats life in general though,not just at the football

There is still organised stuff going on which is crazy given hat the OB and courts chuck at kids daft enough to get caught doing it.

There was one between Rovers and Preston not long ago that resulted in a load in court.

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

Did most people in the 60s wear team shirts, I don't remember that. Hassle between Rovers and Burnley must have started in the 80s. in the 70s Bolton were our biggest rivals.

Wasn't there some unsavoury incident during the 70s where a Burnley supporter was knifed outside turf Moor whilst rovers were visiting? 

Im sure the hatred between us and Burnley began around that time and I can still remember being at school in the 70s in rossendale. Most were Burnley fans Iirc. Unless you were from the Haslingden end of the valley. Most Burnley fans hated rovers even then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Kids wore shirts

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Wasn't there some unsavoury incident during the 70s where a Burnley supporter was knifed outside turf Moor whilst rovers were visiting? 

Im sure the hatred between us and Burnley began around that time and I can still remember being at school in the 70s in rossendale. Most were Burnley fans Iirc. Unless you were from the Haslingden end of the valley. Most Burnley fans hated rovers even then. 

It was definately on in the 70's.  The friendly, Boxing Day at t'Turf.  Very busy off the pitch.  

1 minute ago, Nate said:

I may be the odd one out, but I was kinda hoping Everton went down. 

I wanted Everton down because they've contributed the sum total of fuck all to the PL - but once that option was off the table I wanted Burnley to go down.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

A lot of soul searching going on. More are questioning "Mr. Pace" than before. Net spend of £5m over three transfer windows.

Still, many are laying it on Garlick and Dyche. The longer they bury their heads in the sand over a cowboy with wooden nickels, the better. Frogs in a slowly heated pot comes to mind. There'll come a point when they'll look back and realise "Mr. Pace" is full of shit. That's was my original impression, further cemented by his many interviews since. He's certainly a talker, and I bet he can't believe his luck that so many are being duped by it.

A bad start next season and I think the fans will turn. I can hear the taunts of USA already, when derby day arrives. 

I will never forget just how much that lot rubbed it in our faces when our demise came, it was clear for anybody to see that we were being run by outside forces who were clearly ripping the club to shreds. Yet that lot had Indian flags, agent Kean and generally a great time over it all.

So I will enjoy this, I'm glad it was cruel in that they thought they were down months ago, then sacking Dyche seemed like a masterstroke then it all blew up. I'm now glad that they are all twitchy if the owner is who he seems and whether he has the funds to see them bounce back. I'm glad because that feeling isn't nice and they have loved seeing it happen to us.

• Like 7

End of the day we are pouring over their accounts, their ownership, their potential fire sale with no mercy… as did they a decade ago. We are looking for evidence of a closing gap as they come back to our orbit, we aren’t suddenly going to go all philosophical over the evils of US venture capitalism, you swim with alligators, you get eaten.

That’s football rivalry.

3 minutes ago, renrag said:

Exactly! Even after the cup tie, when we pulled back 3 goals in the last 17 minutes, we still travelled back together without a hint of aggro.

I think it changed in the mid 1960’s. I was going to derby games in the early 60’s and there wasn’t any trouble. By the mid 1960’s there was. Why it changed I don’t know.

8 hours ago, Nate said:
9 hours ago, USABlue said:

It was definately on in the 70's.  The friendly, Boxing Day at t'Turf.  Very busy off the pitch.  

I may be the odd one out, but I was kinda hoping Everton went down. 

So was I, it would have been a new ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think it changed in the mid 1960’s. I was going to derby games in the early 60’s and there wasn’t any trouble. By the mid 1960’s there was. Why it changed I don’t know.

The Teddy Boys,the Mods and Rockers who latched onto football.

The 70's/ 80's  Skin Heads then Casuals.

Not condoning the violence but a very British Youth cultural thing.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The Teddy Boys,the Mods and Rockers who latched onto football.

Teddy boys were before then. Mods and Rockers who knows.

I remember getting off the bus at the Boulevard in about 1963 and from a style point of it was like going back in time about 2 years from where I lived near Manchester. Things soon caught up though with the influence of TV and the likes of “ Ready, Steady, Go.”

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

If you're in the building/demolition trade I hear there's a job going removing some terracing from the Pendle Hill area?

That is what will be happening to the first team squad now. expecting a fire sale of players to cover those losses and debt that needs paying

• Like 1