BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Strong rumours and odds suggesting they are appointing Kompany as manager, who is meant to be leaving Anderlecht.

A bit of an unkown appointment if it happens. Of course it will get plenty of publicity due to his playing career, but in his 2 years with Anderlecht he's got a 45% win record and no trophies with the biggest club in Belgium.

To be honest if that happens at least it takes away another rival who could be shopping for decent managers.

3 hours ago, Tricky said:

very risky for both parties, guess they'll get some City youngsters out of it mind

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Kompany might be a bit of an unknown quantity as a manager, but I bet it's quite a pull for potential signings. He's a winner, and one of the best defenders the Premier League has seen. Hughes wanted him at some point, didn't he?

Nothing confirmed but locally strong rumours. Not sure how I feel. Big name and always seemed like a decent guy when at City. Could be a draw for players and maybe even investors but can he get us playing and winning 🤷‍♂️.

His record at Anderlect is very average considering they are one of their ‘big 3’. So not the worst appointment but certainly no guarantee of success - now I know there is no such thing as guaranteed but some managers come with a pedigree that is as close to a guarantee as you’ll get. On that note, any suggestions you lot are looking at Dyche?

24 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Nothing confirmed but locally strong rumours. Not sure how I feel. Big name and always seemed like a decent guy when at City. Could be a draw for players and maybe even investors but can he get us playing and winning 🤷‍♂️.

His record at Anderlect is very average considering they are one of their ‘big 3’. So not the worst appointment but certainly no guarantee of success - now I know there is no such thing as guaranteed but some managers come with a pedigree that is as close to a guarantee as you’ll get. On that note, any suggestions you lot are looking at Dyche?

Very good player in his day. As was Mark Hughes, but so was Paul Ince. Unknown quantity as a manager. No word on Dyche, I can’t see him coming to Rovers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

36 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Kompany's two years as Head Coach at the biggest club in Belgium don't seem to be that great, with a win ratio of just under 46%.

I do wonder about last season, and maybe one of our resident Clarets can shed some light on this, but I'm not convinced neither Cornet nor Weghorst (two of Burnley's biggest signings in the last two windows) were "Dyche" signings. Perhaps employing Kompany as Head Coach means ALK can happily increase/continue their control over who is signed for the club, while Kompany just uses what he's being given. I may be well wide of the mark, but it's just a hunch. I can't see it ending too well, and I think Kompany (being younger) may be more of a "yes" man than Dyche was ever going to be.

I'm not sure Kompany will be such a push over as you suggest but I am sure he will use his Manchester City links to sign 2 or 3 loan players. Maybe even a coach or two from their academy/under 23's. 

On Cornet and Weghorst signings, I have seen reports that suggested their owners/new scouting model was behind the signings. 

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882 @sympatheticclaret

Are you going to be happy with Kompony as your new manager/head coach? 

supposedly wants Shaun Maloney as number 2 from what I have read

Any appointment is a risk. I’ve read a bit around the job he’s done at Anderlecht. Went in when they were very skint, tiny net spend, brought some youth in and through. If he can do a similar job for us then he will be a good appointment. Could equally go badly wrong.

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Kompany's two years as Head Coach at the biggest club in Belgium don't seem to be that great, with a win ratio of just under 46%.

I do wonder about last season, and maybe one of our resident Clarets can shed some light on this, but I'm not convinced neither Cornet nor Weghorst (two of Burnley's biggest signings in the last two windows) were "Dyche" signings. Perhaps employing Kompany as Head Coach means ALK can happily increase/continue their control over who is signed for the club, while Kompany just uses what he's being given. I may be well wide of the mark, but it's just a hunch. I can't see it ending too well, and I think Kompany (being younger) may be more of a "yes" man than Dyche was ever going to be.

I suspect the club had a large influence on the signings - and they definitely did on Cornet. They want to go that way with a director of football etc so it makes sense.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure Kompany will be such a push over as you suggest but I am sure he will use his Manchester City links to sign 2 or 3 loan players. Maybe even a coach or two from their academy/under 23's. 

On Cornet and Weghorst signings, I have seen reports that suggested their owners/new scouting model was behind the signings. 

You’d imagine he will use his connections to bring in some City youth - and his name  may attract a few players. He will get my support if he comes in, as will (almost) any manager.

11 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

You’d imagine he will use his connections to bring in some City youth - and his name  may attract a few players. He will get my support if he comes in, as will (almost) any manager.

Steve Kean would be the perfect fit for a lot of your fans. Can we get a campaign going?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Any appointment is a risk. I’ve read a bit around the job he’s done at Anderlecht. Went in when they were very skint, tiny net spend, brought some youth in and through. If he can do a similar job for us then he will be a good appointment. Could equally go badly wrong.

I agree that any new appointment is a risk. 

What was Kompany's style of play and formation there?

I suspect the club had a large influence on the signings - and they definitely did on Cornet. They want to go that way with a director of football etc so it makes sense.

It will be interesting to see who they appoint to this position. 

I think you might look towards the Belgium and Dutch market under him. 

On 29/05/2022 at 19:17, chaddyrovers said:

I agree that any new appointment is a risk. 

What was Kompany's style of play and formation there?

It will be interesting to see who they appoint to this position. 

I think you might look towards the Belgium and Dutch market under him. 

So to be clear I’ve not seen his teams. He seems to play 442 or 433 from what I’ve read, mainly 442 last season however in attack he apparently goes effectively to a 3 at the back with either the right back or centre mid going right side of the 3. He seems to like movement, passing, pressure and has brought through youth players.

I agree on the Dutch and Belgian markets - and city’s youth set up.

On 29/05/2022 at 19:25, Hasta said:

Let’s hope Kompany loves misery.

Why, is he in the running for manager at your gaff as well? 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Whenever I saw Weghourst play for the Clampets, he was terrible. Obviously thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.

£12m doesn't buy you loyalty, but at £6m a goal plus wages I'm sure they'll be glad to see the back of him. The lad must have a good agent.

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Another three years to go on his contract. They'll be lucky to get half of what they paid.

Don't think they'll worry too much. What they'll get for Pope will more than make up for one bad deal.

£40m for a 30 year old keeper 🙄

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They'll have a damn sight more money to throw around than us Tyrone...courtesy of our Billionaire Owners.

Given the way their finances are structured, I'm not convinced that they will, to be honest.