BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Wolves the first full game I have watched.

Dingles have the pretence of playing PL football. But to carry zero goal threat after going a goal down is damning of any survival chance.

Spent £120M+ and no real forward on the pitch or bench?

Why let Barnes go?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Dingles have the pretence of playing PL football. But to carry zero goal threat after going a goal down is damning of any survival chance.

Why let Barnes go?

Total football.

More like total bollocks.

All hail St Vincent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philipl said:

Why let Barnes go?

I read it was £90M but, either way, its a lot of money for not much. They will probably take all before them next season in the championship though!

This was the first Premier League game I've seen this season.

I lasted until half time; it was devoid of any excitement or entertainment, bar the comedy of tippy-tappy errors which led to the Wolves goal.

An advert for 'The Best League In The World' it was not. 

On that evidence, Burnley may pick up a few points here and there, but on the whole they're punchless. Wolves weren't much better.

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No visit from the ‘umble brothers tonight then, I take it?

Same old story, simple mistake at the back leading to their goal, it would likely have gone unpunished in the Championship ..

At the other end we have strikers who need 3 good chances to score one goal, most Premier League sides have players who convert 2 out of three, it's that simple ..

• Like 1

Burnley have turned their backs on what made them competitive and that betrayal is why they will sink without a trace this year

Dyche had them playing with pragmatism. Sacrificing flowing, passing football for a style that won points and ensured the Prem cash kept rolling in

In come the Americans and pragmatism is thrown out of the window. They want entertainment and a "brand". They haven't signed players good enough to do that and imo have tried to do it too quickly. Brighton play some real good football now, but when they first came up it was survival first, performance second

They have the backing of some American business men but even this whole JJ Watt thing is just odd. Okay, he's a fairly big sportsman in America, but he's no Lebron James. His net worth is less than $100m so really JJ Watt is poor relative to the Premier League money

I thought Burnley were in trouble when they last got relegated and was proved wrong, or so I thought at the time. But they have splashed the cash this year and got nowhere and off the pitch isn't this Yankee revolution it was sold as. The parachute money is their safety net but if football was as cut throat as competitive sport should be, they could be in real trouble. The system will prop them up for a while but unless they go back to what made them good, then they need to be looking more at Norwich for their future instead of Brighton

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Take it you are now back with us for every twist and turn of the relegation journey?

I'll pop in and out ... I've had a rather tempting offer from one of my Rovers supporting friends to attend the Watford game on the 23rd December and seeing as Blackburn RUFC have no fixture, I may well take him up on it. I've been to Ewood for other reasons since, but the last game I attended there was Blackburn v Crystal Palace, on 31st May 1989 ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'll pop in and out ... I've had a rather tempting offer from one of my Rovers supporting friends to attend the Watford game on the 23rd December and seeing as Blackburn RUFC have no fixture, I may well take him up on it. I've been to Ewood for other reasons since, but the last game I attended there was Blackburn v Crystal Palace, on 31st May 1989 ...

If you attend I hope you get into the spirit of the day (see below) 🤨

‘We’d like to see everyone in their colours, and the theme of the day is Blue and White Christmas’

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Good to hear you're finally seeing the error of your ways.

Don't forget to wear some mittens, you'll need to hide the extra digits when you're visiting civilization.

On 06/12/2023 at 08:00, Wheelton Blue said:

This was the first Premier League game I've seen this season.

I lasted until half time; it was devoid of any excitement or entertainment, bar the comedy of tippy-tappy errors which led to the Wolves goal.

An advert for 'The Best League In The World' it was not. 

On that evidence, Burnley may pick up a few points here and there, but on the whole they're punchless. Wolves weren't much better.

That's the thing - the game has changed. It's no longer end-to-end at 100mph (for better or worse).

I think the players are much better technically now than they were 10-15 years ago, but they're also all put on a creative leash. It's all very much data driven now. 

Here's an interesting video around the topic: 

• Like 1