BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 hours ago, jodrell said:

Sad news About Andy Lochhead god player and a nice guy. RIP

Former Burnley striker Andy Lochhead has died aged 81

His battles with Mike England were legendary. Not the greatest footballer but a really rough handful and a terrific header of the ball. Up there with Jim Fryatt in that respect. If he’d have been a boxer he would have needed a glove on his head.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2022 at 07:18, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The fat Lady is a singing Longers!

Lol - not quite but she’s sure warming up.

I said before Brentford that if we fail to win the we are going down. We just can’t win games. Leeds getting a late winner is neither here nor there because we’ve had a problem winning games for a year now - the three/four years the old board failed to invest have come home to roost.

So we’ll probably see you next season, see if you can stop it becoming 13 years since you beat us 😉

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol - not quite but she’s sure warming up.

I said before Brentford that if we fail to win the we are going down. We just can’t win games. Leeds getting a late winner is neither here nor there because we’ve had a problem winning games for a year now - the three/four years the old board failed to invest have come home to roost.

So we’ll probably see you next season, see if you can stop it becoming 13 years since you beat us 😉

Provided you don't have a mass exodus at the end of the season you will piss this league next year. 

I am not looking forward to the derby, especially if Mowbray is still here. He always bottles it for the big games.

51 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Provided you don't have a mass exodus at the end of the season you will piss this league next year. 

I am not looking forward to the derby, especially if Mowbray is still here. He always bottles it for the big games.

Half the squad are out of contract, including Mee and Tarkowski.  You’d imagine Pope, McNeill, Cornet, Weghorst will leave - possibly Brownhill as well. I doubt we will be much of a threat next season but keeping Dyche for me will be key, but I’m not certain we will. 

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What a sad perspective/outlook. Most Rovers fans will be delighted at the return of the Lanclassico derby, I know I am. As for burnley and a mass exodus, if you think Rovers are bad for losing 3 ooc players then Burnley fans will be despotic as they lose nearly a whole team!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Half the squad are out of contract, including Mee and Tarkowski.  You’d imagine Pope, McNeill, Cornet, Weghorst will leave - possibly Brownhill as well. I doubt we will be much of a threat next season but keeping Dyche for me will be key, but I’m not certain we will. 

You’d still want to keep Dyche then ? Do you not think it’s time for a change ? Nothing is forever in sport, or life for that matter.

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’d still want to keep Dyche then ? Do you not think it’s time for a change ? Nothing is forever in sport, or life for that matter.

Personally yes - I believe he's the best option to rebuild and stabilise after a relegation. I know nothing is forever but Fergie staying at United so long didn't harm them. That said I doubt he will want to stay.

18 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Personally yes - I believe he's the best option to rebuild and stabilise after a relegation. I know nothing is forever but Fergie staying at United so long didn't harm them. That said I doubt he will want to stay.

Obviously I’ve not got a dog in the fight but I get the impression that a change of footballing style would be welcomed by lots of Burnley fans.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Obviously I’ve not got a dog in the fight but I get the impression that a change of footballing style would be welcomed by lots of Burnley fans.

Hope they get their wish, they’ll then sink without trace

12 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

The thing is you'd get a fair bit of dosh for those 4. Pope is exceptional so you could use that money and the parachute money to get back first time.

If, of course, the Yanks see it that way! 

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hope they get their wish, they’ll then sink without trace

As Stan Ternent famously said, a lot of Burnley fans have champagne dreams on beer money. I don't recall a single complaint when we finished 7th and "were going on a European tour" - or when we were Champions Of The Championship with an unbeaten run of 23 games spanning December to May - that also saw us finally beat you lot home and away. Since that 7th place season the board largely failed to spend and to survive our style has become increasingly attritional. I honestly believe Dyche is a pragmatist and cuts his cloth accordingly. 

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

The thing is you'd get a fair bit of dosh for those 4. Pope is exceptional so you could use that money and the parachute money to get back first time.

If, of course, the Yanks see it that way! 

Well yes, those 4 could easily bring in the dosh - and that dosh could be easily trousered. On the other hand they could fund a fantastic rebuild. We will only see come the summer.

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As Stan Ternent famously said, a lot of Burnley fans have champagne dreams on beer money. I don't recall a single complaint when we finished 7th and "were going on a European tour" - or when we were Champions Of The Championship with an unbeaten run of 23 games spanning December to May - that also saw us finally beat you lot home and away. Since that 7th place season the board largely failed to spend and to survive our style has become increasingly attritional. I honestly believe Dyche is a pragmatist and cuts his cloth accordingly. 

He's a super manager - you've been so lucky to identify him in the first place and keep him so long. If he fancies another challenge he'd be welcomed with open arms at Ewood (or me at least).

• Like 9

16 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

What a sad perspective/outlook. Most Rovers fans will be delighted at the return of the Lanclassico derby, I know I am. As for burnley and a mass exodus, if you think Rovers are bad for losing 3 ooc players then Burnley fans will be despotic as they lose nearly a whole team!!

There are the three players out of contract, the loan players and we will most likely be losing Diaz. I make that 6 or 7 minimum. 

That means a total rebuild will be on next season, no doubt with little to no money available and your mates Wags and Mogs will likely be in charge of that. 

I'd say the pessimism is thoroughly justified. Unless of course you know something we don't. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

There are the three players out of contract, the loan players and we will most likely be losing Diaz. I make that 6 or 7 minimum. 

That means a total rebuild will be on next season, no doubt with little to no money available and your mates Wags and Mogs will likely be in charge of that. 

I'd say the pessimism is thoroughly justified. Unless of course you know something we don't. 

Sounds like we both have a big rebuild ahead. You say no money but surely Diaz if sold will go for a good amount?

Sounds like there’s a danger it could be a real, what was it, elcrapico, next season.

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Mates? Wags and Mogs? I dont think so, I have been an advocate for change for the past 2 seasons and that view has not changed even if we have seen a much better season than we all anticipated.

On 22/03/2022 at 08:44, 1864roverite said:

Agree. When we hadn't lost to them for ages I was apprehensive of the later games as you could see the direction the quality of our squad was going in. Plus hyping up the 30+ years thing almost put more pressure on not to lose.

Now it's almost like there is nothing to lose. They've beaten us something like 3 of the last 4 so it doesn't sting like it first did. in fact, I would imagine it would be Burnley fans not looking forward to clarification of how they have fallen by losing to us next year if they were relegated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Agree. When we hadn't lost to them for ages I was apprehensive of the later games as you could see the direction the quality of our squad was going in. Plus hyping up the 30+ years thing almost put more pressure on not to lose.

Now it's almost like there is nothing to lose. They've beaten us something like 3 of the last 4 so it doesn't sting like it first did. in fact, I would imagine it would be Burnley fans not looking forward to clarification of how they have fallen by losing to us next year if they were relegated.

Definitely. It's funny because the 34 years thing was such a weight around our neck and every season it got heavier. When we finally ended it in 2014 the relief was fantastic. So much so that in the 15/16 season when there was still that "hadn't beat you at our place for 34 years" our fans finally realised winning the league was more important than beating you lot and most would genuinely take 2 hammerings from you if it was the price of winning the league. Now it's 12 years since you beat us and I know we'd love to keep that going another few seasons. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would guess that relegation would cause the owners to use the parachute to square debts off. This would be prioritised over squad strengthening and would lead to Dyche seeing the writing on the wall and walking. 

They will appoint a vastly inferior manager, the best players will leave without being adequately replaced and another relegation will follow within three or four seasons. 

Only then will they resume their place in the correct order of things and our 'no nay never' song will no longer be so embarrassing. 

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

I would guess that relegation would cause the owners to use the parachute to square debts off. This would be prioritised over squad strengthening and would lead to Dyche seeing the writing on the wall and walking. 

They will appoint a vastly inferior manager, the best players will leave without being adequately replaced and another relegation will follow within three or four seasons. 

Only then will they resume their place in the correct order of things and our 'no nay never' song will no longer be so embarrassing. 

That's how we would hope it play's out anyway! 🤔

• Like 3