BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I know that But given they haven't made a signing in this window given they need signings to survive. I think they have been disagreement between Dyche and the board over funding or who to sign or the approach going forward. 

Are you rubbing your hands while posting? 😂

Edited by DeeCee

Everton would be much better off going for Dyche rather than a sentimental appointment. 

I think he would suit Everton too, he likes 4-4-2 and he likes wingers. If he could get Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison fit, with the likes of Gray and Townsend whipping in crosses, they would have a threat plus he could tighten their leaky defence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Everton would be much better off going for Dyche rather than a sentimental appointment. 

I think he would suit Everton too, he likes 4-4-2 and he likes wingers. If he could get Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison fit, with the likes of Gray and Townsend whipping in crosses, they would have a threat plus he could tighten their leaky defence.

Dyche going to Everton? I can't see the Everton fans likely that one one bit or at all likely. He was mention before Allardyce was appointed and the fans didn't want him then so why now? 

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They didn’t like Big Sam and he won football games.

They seem to have a particularly deluded and snobbish fan base who over a number of barren years have forgotten the purpose of football.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats your opinion but I don't see Everton appoint him and would you employ a manager who has his club bottom of the league?

The job he has done at Burnley over a number of years has been superb on a small budget. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They didn’t like Big Sam and he won football games.

he won 10 games out of 26 games in charge there. Hardly anything to write home about 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The job he has done at Burnley over a number of years has been superb on a small budget. 

But my point still stands that fans would be very unhappy if you were appoint a new manager from a club at the bottom of the league regardless of the job he has done there

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely Dyche had players he wanted before Wood left and I do wonder why you haven't sign one player yet. 

is the club ownership and how the deal is finance playing a major part in you unable to sign anyone yet? 

Also Dyche is second favourite to sack on the next manager to leave a PL club? starting to wonder if they have been a falling out behind the scenes there between Dyche and the ownership/board?

2 hours ago, rigger said:

The fact that they are bottom of the league, might have a bearing on the situation.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I know that But given they haven't made a signing in this window given they need signings to survive. I think they have been disagreement between Dyche and the board over funding or who to sign or the approach going forward. 

1 hour ago, booth said:

The recent news reports would suggest they have nothing to spend.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was looking that way earlier on but they’ve just got £25 million.

quite possibly but they were making bids supposedly for players before Wood sale. It was reported they were bidding for Hume at Sunderland

First a disclaimer, I have zero inside information.

So firstly the club have rubbished the Mail article - and I believe little I read in there so I’ll take them at their word for now.

on transfers - a decent article in the Athletic says we were already open to signings and looking but targets were limited and main area was a creative mid. Seems we are struggling to identify targets but definitely already had money before the Wood sale. In general I have heard that there was some friction pre Wood sale as Dyche wanted the finished article whilst Pace wanted younger players with greater potential resale value. 

There is no doubt the Wood sale has created a lot of problems to be solved but I don’t think there is any major issue between board and manager - and as for bookies odds I’m guessing people are pilling on because we are bottom of the league. I think he’s more likely to walk than we are to sack him. That said nothing much surprises me in football so we shall see.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

he won 10 games out of 26 games in charge there. Hardly anything to write home about 

But my point still stands that fans would be very unhappy if you were appoint a new manager from a club at the bottom of the league regardless of the job he has done there

If you are purposely picking a manager to appease the fans in their initial reaction rather than the best person for tbe job based on his managerial competence then you are doing it all wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

on transfers - a decent article in the Athletic says we were already open to signings and looking but targets were limited and main area was a creative mid. Seems we are struggling to identify targets but definitely already had money before the Wood sale. In general I have heard that there was some friction pre Wood sale as Dyche wanted the finished article whilst Pace wanted younger players with greater potential resale value. 

Why are you struggling to identify targets? what your scouting network/staff like? Is this where Mike Rigg should be massively involve in scouting and recruiting? 

I can understand the club wanted younger players with greater potential resale value but does signing these type of players suit Dyche and his coaching methods? 

14 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

There is no doubt the Wood sale has created a lot of problems to be solved but I don’t think there is any major issue between board and manager - and as for bookies odds I’m guessing people are pilling on because we are bottom of the league. I think he’s more likely to walk than we are to sack him. That said nothing much surprises me in football so we shall see.

I wouldn't be surprise if Dyche walk shortly if he feels he isn't being backed by the club give the Wood sale money. But I still wouldn't be surprise if they sack him actually

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you are purposely picking a manager to appease the fans in their initial reaction rather than the best person for tbe job based on his managerial competence then you are doing it all wrong.

Why would appointing Rooney or Lampard be appease the fans? and not appoint a manager who you feel is the best person for the job and someone you are looking at for the long term future of the club?

Why are you struggling to identify targets? what your scouting network/staff like? Is this where Mike Rigg should be massively involve in scouting and recruiting? 

I can understand the club wanted younger players with greater potential resale value but does signing these type of players suit Dyche and his coaching methods? 

I wouldn't be surprise if Dyche walk shortly if he feels he isn't being backed by the club give the Wood sale money. But I still wouldn't be surprise if they sack him actuallY

We work to a tight wage structure and relatively small transfer budget. Remember there are a number of Championship clubs who can bid more and pay more than we do as well as the rest of the PL and major European leagues. It took us an age to get the Cornet deal over the line. This makes the talent pool for us much narrower than many clubs. Also our overseas network hasn’t been strong. We have to accept we are a small fish in a pond filled with Sharks and Whales.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We work to a tight wage structure and relatively small transfer budget. Remember there are a number of Championship clubs who can bid more and pay more than we do as well as the rest of the PL and major European leagues. It took us an age to get the Cornet deal over the line. This makes the talent pool for us much narrower than many clubs. Also our overseas network hasn’t been strong. We have to accept we are a small fish in a pond filled with Sharks and Whales.

I can understand that but given that you have been in PL for a number of seasons now and I would have thought you would have invested in the scouting and recruitment department more. 

Do you know what Mike Rigg role is there and how much involvement does he have in recruitment and scouting? 

Any idea who Dyche is targeting? any transfer rumours? 

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

What was it John Claret et al in the LT comments used to always say? Oh yes, “tick tock”…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10419993/Pay-delays-raise-alarm-Burnleys-financial-position.html#comments-10419993

This one.

Edit: I missed longsiders earlier post saying the club have rubbished the article. I’d be worried if I were them though, their new owners sound dodgy.

Edited by booth

11 hours ago, booth said:

This one.

Edit: I missed longsiders earlier post saying the club have rubbished the article. I’d be worried if I were them though, their new owners sound dodgy.

Like I say, the Daily Heil is a right wing cesspit of mainly lies and half truths. The previous owners have some protections built in as I understand it - and no suggestion at all we have any less money for recruitment than ever we have. Don't get me wrong I'm not happy about the deal or the way it is structured but it is no worse today than a year ago - but the media need something to print.

11 hours ago, 47er said:

You've heard of Mandy Rice-Davies I suspect?

No, is she a striker?

Seriously though, this isn't the 60's and it is already old news, a couple of signing before the 5th (as the Watford game has been scheduled then) and everyone will be happy - well assuming we can pick up a few points somewhere.

• Like 1

Very easy to just go ‘well it’s only the Mail’

But I always look to the byline, Matt Hughes has been around the industry for a long time, formerly of The Times. 

But at the end of the day, it’s all a bit of a holding pattern and nothing will probably come from any of it until/if you go down…

Edited by Mattyblue