BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Not exactly an attractive proposition is it?

"Come sign for us, we play in a decrepit old ground that's getting emptier by the week, the people who do attend rarely have a full set of teeth, additional digits on supporters hands is common.

We play horrific football, as boring as you'll see in any ground in the country.

We're in the prem, but only for a few months now, then we'll commence our plummet to league one."

I totally agree with your comments about them not being attractive, the ground hasn't been improved since being in PL, The football is very boring. 

I spoke to several Burnley fans in the pub over Christmas and New Year period and they don't enjoy watching their team play or the same style is getting boring now. some of them would like a change of manager but they aren't unsure if they would get better manager/head coach there. Few names were mentioned to me. 

I also read that if Burnley go down or payments aren't made to previous owner Garlick, he can rebuy the club

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regular Premier League finishes on a comparatively meagre budget, including a couple of top 10 finishes and a European adventure. Boring indeed.

But you aren't the one watching it each and every game are you? 

They are fully entitled to their opinions. After 10 years of watching the same type of football does get boring. 

Hopefully the scales are rebalancing in the correct way. The last 10 years has been shit with the Dingles on top. The worst part about it is that our demise was totally engineered from the outside. 

It's good to see the natural order of thing being restored. I'll happily give them a wave on their way past as the travel back down to the bowels of the football league where they belong.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They are fully entitled to their opinions. After 10 years of watching the same type of football does get boring. 

Ipswich still havent recovered after you said the same things about MM. Style of football is not everything. Dyche and MM had/have their clubs punching above their weight - style isn't everything. Remove Dyche and Burnley drop just like Ipswich.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The most entertaining type of football is winning football. Rovers certainly didnt entertain yesterday, but did anyone care once we took 3 points?

But you aren't the one watching it each and every game are you like Burnley fans have under Dyche which has been the same style and way of playing without evolving like some managers do for 10 years now?  

Managers and the same style has a shelf life. 

But thats one game we played like that, But we played some very entertaining football against Birmingham only 4 games ago. PLus we have only played this style this season and Mowbray has adapted his style twice during his time here

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you aren't the one watching it each and every game are you like Burnley fans have under Dyche which has been the same style and way of playing without evolving like some managers do for 10 years now?  

Managers and the same style has a shelf life. 

But thats one game we played like that, But we played some very entertaining football against Birmingham only 4 games ago. PLus we have only played this style this season and Mowbray has adapted his style twice during his time here

Im sure the Ipswich fans moaning about finishing top half Championship every season love now staying in League 1 after potting MM for boring football.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Managers and the same style has a shelf life." Wonder if Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp would agree?

Both played a good enjoying watching style plus win most games.  

Do Burnley? 

Did you enjoy watching us Allardyce compare to Hughes or Souness tenure here?

The Dingles are coming out with all this now as they are bottom of the table with one win in mid January.

Don’t remember much carping when the same ‘boring type of football’ had them winning plenty and mid table. 

They ‘aren’t entertained’ because they never win, not because a club with one of the league’s lowest budgets aren’t producing this mythical ‘expansive football’.

• Like 6

From day one whenever I’ve seen Burnley on the tele the football under dyche has been some of the worst football I’ve ever seen, almost loathed to call it football. But the only difference between now and then is the league position. If Burnley were sat in 10th playing exactly the same football they always have their fans wouldn’t have a problem with the style. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2022 at 18:41, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley need signings and quick.

Don't know what they are waiting for. It is very clear they need at least 4 signings to stay up

Why are Rovers supporters worried about Burnley's need to sign players. Just watch them suffer!! End of....

41 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Why are Rovers supporters worried about Burnley's need to sign players. Just watch them suffer!! End of....

I was given an opinion on football. I was trying to neutral on this and discuss footballing issues on the forum 

Of course I would enjoy Burnley going down and Rovers replacing them in the PL. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They're mental thinking that Dyche should be gotten rid of. Who do they think will be able to replace him and get better results? 

Dyche out!

Think some of them fancy a change to freshen things up and change of direction. After 10 years in the job a change might not be the worst thing in the world 

A few names were mention to me in the pub over Christmas/New Year period talking to Burnley fans there

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The Dingles are coming out with all this now as they are bottom of the table with one win in mid January.

Don’t remember much carping when the same ‘boring type of football’ had them winning plenty and mid table. 

They ‘aren’t entertained’ because they never win, not because a club with one of the league’s lowest budgets aren’t producing this mythical ‘expansive football’.

A friend of mine had season tickets over there, along with the rest of his family. They gave them up a couple of years ago as, in his words, ‘there was nothing to get you out of your seat’. 
It’s not that he wants Dyche out, but just refuses to pay when there‘s no/little entertainment.

On 15/01/2022 at 19:08, Ossydave said:

Not exactly an attractive proposition is it?

"Come sign for us, we play in a decrepit old ground that's getting emptier by the week, the people who do attend rarely have a full set of teeth, additional digits on supporters hands is common.

We play horrific football, as boring as you'll see in any ground in the country.

We're in the prem, but only for a few months now, then we'll commence our plummet to league one."

On 15/01/2022 at 19:21, chaddyrovers said:

I totally agree with your comments about them not being attractive, the ground hasn't been improved since being in PL, The football is very boring. 

I spoke to several Burnley fans in the pub over Christmas and New Year period and they don't enjoy watching their team play or the same style is getting boring now. some of them would like a change of manager but they aren't unsure if they would get better manager/head coach there. Few names were mentioned to me. 

I also read that if Burnley go down or payments aren't made to previous owner Garlick, he can rebuy the club

On 15/01/2022 at 19:27, roversfan99 said:

Regular Premier League finishes on a comparatively meagre budget, including a couple of top 10 finishes and a European adventure. Boring indeed.

On 15/01/2022 at 19:44, chaddyrovers said:

18 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Ipswich still havent recovered after you said the same things about MM. Style of football is not everything. Dyche and MM had/have their clubs punching above their weight - style isn't everything. Remove Dyche and Burnley drop just like Ipswich.

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The most entertaining type of football is winning football. Rovers certainly didnt entertain yesterday, but did anyone care once we took 3 points?

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

14 hours ago, matt83 said:

From day one whenever I’ve seen Burnley on the tele the football under dyche has been some of the worst football I’ve ever seen, almost loathed to call it football. But the only difference between now and then is the league position. If Burnley were sat in 10th playing exactly the same football they always have their fans wouldn’t have a problem with the style. 

14 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Winning is entertainment. End of. 

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They're mental thinking that Dyche should be gotten rid of. Who do they think will be able to replace him and get better results? 

Dyche out!

10 hours ago, DaveyB said:

A friend of mine had season tickets over there, along with the rest of his family. They gave them up a couple of years ago as, in his words, ‘there was nothing to get you out of your seat’. 
It’s not that he wants Dyche out, but just refuses to pay when there‘s no/little entertainment.

Lots of pish being spouted. I do watch them week in and out and quite frankly have had the best times as a fan under Dyche. 2 promotions, beating your lot home and away, finishing 7th, Watching us in Europe. 

I'd agree the last few seasons have been on the stale side - that is what happens when the owners starve the manager of signings - you can't make a silk purse out a sows ear but you can still make something to keep your money in it, will be as useful just far less pretty. Simple reality is the board bottled it and didn't back him after the 7th place finish. I don't know what the rest of this season holds but those moping fans quoted on here, the ones who probably still come when its Manure, Liverpool etc, meh, we don't miss them. It is strange that they claim to have stopped "a few years ago" when we couldn't go on for a year and half. Most of those fans will be amongst the 6000 or so that only started going on the match when we were promoted anyway.

Personally I wouldn't sack Dyche under any circumstance - well not football related anyway. Further more as it goes if it wasn't for the leveraged buyout I wouldn't mind going down, the Championship is an exciting league to be in.

On the Garlick thing, apparently if we get relegated he has the option to buy back at a fixed price. Sounds like a really strange deal they did.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lots of pish being spouted. I do watch them week in and out and quite frankly have had the best times as a fan under Dyche. 2 promotions, beating your lot home and away, finishing 7th, Watching us in Europe. 

I'd agree the last few seasons have been on the stale side - that is what happens when the owners starve the manager of signings - you can't make a silk purse out a sows ear but you can still make something to keep your money in it, will be as useful just far less pretty. Simple reality is the board bottled it and didn't back him after the 7th place finish. I don't know what the rest of this season holds but those moping fans quoted on here, the ones who probably still come when its Manure, Liverpool etc, meh, we don't miss them. It is strange that they claim to have stopped "a few years ago" when we couldn't go on for a year and half. Most of those fans will be amongst the 6000 or so that only started going on the match when we were promoted anyway.

Personally I wouldn't sack Dyche under any circumstance - well not football related anyway. Further more as it goes if it wasn't for the leveraged buyout I wouldn't mind going down, the Championship is an exciting league to be in.

On the Garlick thing, apparently if we get relegated he has the option to buy back at a fixed price. Sounds like a really strange deal they did.

Sounds like Garlick knew what he was doing to me.

• Like 3

On 14/01/2022 at 11:00, longsiders1882 said:

Very convenient - yea the fixtures pile up a bit but arguably buys time to get players in AND cornet back from international duty.

But it does give them.extrs R&R prior to their massive 6 pointer.  That to me is why it was forced off by the dingles.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveyB said:

I believe that Steve Kean may be available - he would be a fantastic fit for them 😉

• Like 2