BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

On the Garlick thing, apparently if we get relegated he has the option to buy back at a fixed price. Sounds like a really strange deal they did.

Agreed…this is very odd. The valuation of the club depends on its net assets and earnings stream. How would the two parties arrive at an agreeable figure based on conjecture ? Out of the Prem, income dries up, LBO interest has to be met & players either have to be sold or take wage cuts (parachute payments notwithstanding).

A number of Burnley fans who have revelled in our mismanagement may soon look on with envy if they don’t sort it out…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Agreed…this is very odd. The valuation of the club depends on its net assets and earnings stream. How would the two parties arrive at an agreeable figure based on conjecture ? Out of the Prem, income dries up, LBO interest has to be met & players either have to be sold or take wage cuts (parachute payments notwithstanding).

A number of Burnley fans who have revelled in our mismanagement may soon look on with envy if they don’t sort it out…

I know football isn’t like the normal business world but that sale seems to be in a league of it’s own.

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lots of pish being spouted. I do watch them week in and out and quite frankly have had the best times as a fan under Dyche. 2 promotions, beating your lot home and away, finishing 7th, Watching us in Europe. 

I'd agree the last few seasons have been on the stale side - that is what happens when the owners starve the manager of signings - you can't make a silk purse out a sows ear but you can still make something to keep your money in it, will be as useful just far less pretty. Simple reality is the board bottled it and didn't back him after the 7th place finish. I don't know what the rest of this season holds but those moping fans quoted on here, the ones who probably still come when its Manure, Liverpool etc, meh, we don't miss them. It is strange that they claim to have stopped "a few years ago" when we couldn't go on for a year and half. Most of those fans will be amongst the 6000 or so that only started going on the match when we were promoted anyway.

Personally I wouldn't sack Dyche under any circumstance - well not football related anyway. Further more as it goes if it wasn't for the leveraged buyout I wouldn't mind going down, the Championship is an exciting league to be in.

why did the Board not invest and back Dyche after your 7th place finish? 

Do you not think most managers have a shelf life at a club?  

Are Burnley looking more towards developing your own players more than previous seasons given your investment in the academy there? 

The fans I was speaking to over the Christmas/New Year period have been going for the last 25/30 years apart from the Covid pandemic stopping fans from going? 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why did the Board not invest and back Dyche after your 7th place finish? 

Do you not think most managers have a shelf life at a club?  

Are Burnley looking more towards developing your own players more than previous seasons given your investment in the academy there? 

The fans I was speaking to over the Christmas/New Year period have been going for the last 25/30 years apart from the Covid pandemic stopping fans from going? 

I don't know why they didn't invest but I suspect they were too risk averse - and maybe saw a chance to make a big wedge.

I'm not sure on the shelf life - I think if both club and manager are willing/able to evolve then no reason it should be the case. I have no inside knowledge at all so can only surmise where we are at. Maybe they are considering a managerial change but if they are there has been no leaks at all.

My understanding is the new Chairman wants to develop players more so than previous regimes - and even more use "scouting" technology to help recruitment. No issue with it but we have an immediate need for impact this month AND an overhaul in Summer - or they decide to accept relegation and start to build now for next season and beyond. With the apparently complicated buy back clause this seems less likely to be on the agenda.

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Notice they want another game postponed tomorrow.

Sounds like they have given up.

It's getting beyond a joke teams asking for games to be postponed,the rule should be if you physically have enough employed footballers over 18 fit enough that can field a full 11 players then get your ass on the field.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I'm not sure on the shelf life - I think if both club and manager are willing/able to evolve then no reason it should be the case. 

I don't think Dyche has evolve the style of play like Hughes did here during his tenure. 

My understanding is the new Chairman wants to develop players more so than previous regimes - and even more use "scouting" technology to help recruitment.

I know you have improve and invest in the academy structure. 

I do wonder how much involved Mike Rigg has recruitment and scouting there. He played a big part in scouting under Mark Hughes

we have an immediate need for impact this month AND an overhaul in Summer - or they decide to accept relegation and start to build now for next season and beyond. 

I agree that you need signings this month and in the summer but I do wonder what the owners and Dyche will do now and in the summer if Dyche is there. 

I do wonder if Dyche will walk away in the summer saying he has done as much as at the club and wants a fresh challenge. It wouldn't surprise me one bit

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Notice they want another game postponed tomorrow.

Sounds like they have given up.

Thats a bit of a leap - if we'd given up then we'd just play the game with kids. It's either simply a case of we have a lot of Covid etc (remember we don't carry a big squad) or (maybe as likely) we delay so we can sign a player of two and Cornet is back

24 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

It's getting beyond a joke teams asking for games to be postponed,the rule should be if you physically have enough employed footballers over 18 fit enough that can field a full 11 players then get your ass on the field.

Whilst I don't disgaree, as we were on the other side of this with a few games, notably Watford when it suited them, why shouldn't we use the "system"?

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

… or ensuring Cornet is back

That was my thought as soon as we asked for Leicester to be postponed - always felt it was more likely to be about this game than that one though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Thats a bit of a leap - if we'd given up then we'd just play the game with kids. It's either simply a case of we have a lot of Covid etc (remember we don't carry a big squad) or (maybe as likely) we delay so we can sign a player of two and Cornet is back

Whilst I don't disgaree, as we were on the other side of this with a few games, notably Watford when it suited them, why shouldn't we use the "system"?

That was my thought as soon as we asked for Leicester to be postponed - always felt it was more likely to be about this game than that one though.

It's not the clubs i blame,like you said you're only doing the same as other teams have done,it's the EPL i blame for letting things get like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Lee Dixon was co-commenting the City game on Saturday. He and Arlo White were discussing the Arsenal postponement. I missed a bit of it but Dixon was saying that Prem rules are such that you can't play the u-18's. I need to read some more on it but I think that each club has to name a Prem squad and there's a limited number in it. I also don't know how often it can be changed.

Either way, the Prem has to take responsibility. Arsenal played Liverpool in a cup semifinal last Thursday, then 48 hours later they were down to two men and a dog. 

If Burnley really are using the rules to their advantage they are going to have some fixture pile up at some point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

looks like they could end up with an end to the season like we had in 65-66 season

Or the 61-62 season - we played on March 24, 28, 30. April 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, 21, 23, 26, 28.

Or the big freeze season 62-63 - March 25, 29. April 2, 6, 12, 13, 15, 20, 23, 27. May 1, 4, 13, 20.

65-66 season was -  April 8, 9, 12, 16, 23, 30. May 2, 4, 7, 9.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Lee Dixon was co-commenting the City game on Saturday. He and Arlo White were discussing the Arsenal postponement. I missed a bit of it but Dixon was saying that Prem rules are such that you can't play the u-18's. I need to read some more on it but I think that each club has to name a Prem squad and there's a limited number in it. I also don't know how often it can be changed.

Either way, the Prem has to take responsibility. Arsenal played Liverpool in a cup semifinal last Thursday, then 48 hours later they were down to two men and a dog. 

If Burnley really are using the rules to their advantage they are going to have some fixture pile up at some point.

It does not seem a problem for them to play youngsters in cup comps

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Or the 61-62 season - we played on March 24, 28, 30. April 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, 21, 23, 26, 28.

Or the big freeze season 62-63 - March 25, 29. April 2, 6, 12, 13, 15, 20, 23, 27. May 1, 4, 13, 20.

65-66 season was -  April 8, 9, 12, 16, 23, 30. May 2, 4, 7, 9.

I only remember the 65-66 season because it was my first season going on and i remember being there a what seemed like every other day.

47 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

It does not seem a problem for them to play youngsters in cup comps

It’s a premier league rule, you can name a maximum of 25 players who can make up your match day squad - I think you can have different players in  the cups.

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dingles game against watford officially postponed,they are going to end up playing 3 games a week and with their tiny squad ar`nt going to cope😁

Or they will be like a well oiled machine 😬

If Football Manager is anything to go by (and it usually is), you register 25 players for the Premier League but youngsters aged 20 (or 21 - one of the two) or under don’t have to be registered and can just play whenever. You can register some if you like, if they help with meeting the home-grown quota or anything similar, but yeah they don’t need to be.

Didn’t Leeds have a 15 year old on the bench against Arsenal a few weeks ago? There’s no way he would have been on any registration list they submitted back in the summer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lots of pish being spouted. I do watch them week in and out and quite frankly have had the best times as a fan under Dyche. 2 promotions, beating your lot home and away, finishing 7th, Watching us in Europe. 

I'd agree the last few seasons have been on the stale side - that is what happens when the owners starve the manager of signings - you can't make a silk purse out a sows ear but you can still make something to keep your money in it, will be as useful just far less pretty. Simple reality is the board bottled it and didn't back him after the 7th place finish. I don't know what the rest of this season holds but those moping fans quoted on here, the ones who probably still come when its Manure, Liverpool etc, meh, we don't miss them. It is strange that they claim to have stopped "a few years ago" when we couldn't go on for a year and half. Most of those fans will be amongst the 6000 or so that only started going on the match when we were promoted anyway.

Personally I wouldn't sack Dyche under any circumstance - well not football related anyway. Further more as it goes if it wasn't for the leveraged buyout I wouldn't mind going down, the Championship is an exciting league to be in.

On the Garlick thing, apparently if we get relegated he has the option to buy back at a fixed price. Sounds like a really strange deal they did.

Oh I fully agree with you, getting rid of Dyche would be suicide. Who would they get to replace him? If they didn't back him after all he's achieved at the club then what chance would anyone else have? 

The way the club has come under new ownership sounds dodgy as the more I hear about it. If ever thee was a time for a 51% rule in English football then now is it. 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Dyche has evolve the style of play like Hughes did here during his tenure. 

I know you have improve and invest in the academy structure. 

I do wonder how much involved Mike Rigg has recruitment and scouting there. He played a big part in scouting under Mark Hughes

I agree that you need signings this month and in the summer but I do wonder what the owners and Dyche will do now and in the summer if Dyche is there. 

I do wonder if Dyche will walk away in the summer saying he has done as much as at the club and wants a fresh challenge. It wouldn't surprise me one bit

He can only work with what he’s got Chaddy, he’s not been backed at all in his time there. You can’t expect a team with no pace or flair to play exciting football. He’s done miracles there, he’s a top top manager.

Getting that Burnley side into Europe is a massive achievement. Keeping them up for the last however many seasons is a big enough achievement on its own with the budget he’s had and the players at his disposal. I obviously don’t like Burnley but I can’t help but respect the job Dyche has done there, he also spoke well of us in a radio interview I heard before on BBC Lancashire, he said he sees Rovers fans out and about and enjoys the interaction…. Regardless I hope they go down. If we don’t go up getting to play them next season will soften the blow. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

2 promotions, beating your lot home and away, finishing 7th, Watching us in Europe. 

Let’s stick to facts here Longers, “watching us qualify for the Europa League Qualifiers, then failing to qualify.” 😇

4F102639-24FC-46F5-B4DF-250624EEE716.gif

• Like 9

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dingles game against watford officially postponed,they are going to end up playing 3 games a week and with their tiny squad ar`nt going to cope😁

Helps Watford too since they are to play Friday as well.  Get a break now.

Interesting ooint, if clubs cry off for covid then when the match is played only those that missed due to covid should be allowed to olay.  Any players already injured, or iff on African tournament should not be allowed in the make up game.

• Like 2