BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

£25m for Wood is absolutely mental if it goes through.

Think Burnley have very much got the better end of that deal, foisting one of their lumps of deadwood (pun intended) off on one of their direct rivals and pocketing a huge sum in return.

No good if they don't use the money to strengthen though. If they don't, could be the deal that sends both clubs down.

If we weren't in a relegation battle I'd say it was excellent business. Wood has looked out of sorts this season. But we are, and Newcastle are weaking our squad as we don't have an alternative - but I'm not sure they are strenghtening theirs massively, a caveat being Wood has temded to score in streaks and if he hits one it isn't beyond him to bag 6 or 8 in their next 6 or 8.

IF we use the money - maybe plus a bit extra - to bring in one or more decent strikers ( or dreamtime, 2 strikers and a creative mid ) then it could work in our favour. I'm not of the view we will do anything of the sort however, but I live in hope.

How much is Diaz valued at right now? ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not for sale. Simple as 

IF we use the money - maybe plus a bit extra - to bring in one or more decent strikers ( or dreamtime, 2 strikers and a creative mid ) then it could work in our favour. I'm not of the view we will do anything of the sort however, but I live in hope.

Have you been linked to anyone yet? 

If we weren't in a relegation battle I'd say it was excellent business. 

Crazy money they are paying 

If we weren't in a relegation battle I'd say it was excellent business. Wood has looked out of sorts this season. But we are, and Newcastle are weaking our squad as we don't have an alternative - but I'm not sure they are strenghtening theirs massively, a caveat being Wood has temded to score in streaks and if he hits one it isn't beyond him to bag 6 or 8 in their next 6 or 8.

Get in the queue behind Real Madrid and Barcelona. That’s what the papers say. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for sale. Simple as 

Have you been linked to anyone yet? 

Crazy money they are paying 

Only serious link is (I believe) Dykes - but that was pre all this.

Oddly I did hear that there was substance in the Ramsay talk - we made a tentative enquiry but he knocked it back.

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Only serious link is (I believe) Dykes - but that was pre all this.

Oddly I did hear that there was substance in the Ramsay talk - we made a tentative enquiry but he knocked it back.

I wonder how much they will spend in January transfer window now and who they will targeting..

I think the next three weeks will demonstrate the future prospects for our neighbours. This 25 million could very well disappear into the owners pockets which will be a clear sign of their future intentions. If they re invest this into the squad then the support will have more cause for optimism.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder how much they will spend in January transfer window now and who they will targeting..

This is the chance for the board and Dyche to show what they are made of - go out and sign the right players, or bank the cash and accept the relegation. I don’t know which way they’ll go. We looked doomed before this, oddly this could either be a chance to reenergise or the final nail in the coffin.

Im hoping they have targets in mind and are already trying to recruit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

This is the chance for the board and Dyche to show what they are made of - go out and sign the right players, or bank the cash and accept the relegation. I don’t know which way they’ll go. We looked doomed before this, oddly this could either be a chance to reenergise or the final nail in the coffin.

Im hoping they have targets in mind and are already trying to recruit.

Interesting decision for them to make. 

Do you think that Dyche could sign 3 or 4 players with that money.? 

10 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

The natural order has been restored that we have a player Burnley can't afford.

We’ve got a few you can’t afford 😉 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting decision for them to make. 

Do you think that Dyche could sign 3 or 4 players with that money.? 

No, 2 tops I’d say - need more adding to sign 3 or 4. Unless loans I guess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We’ve got a few you can’t afford 😉 

And a few we wouldn’t want.  I would have thought £25 million could get you two out field players good enough to make a difference if it’s spent wisely. If we’re talking strikers it may take £25 million to get a good striker in. I think Newcastle paid well over the odds for Wood but that might now be the going rate. Keep signing Championship players and ultimately you end up with a good team - in the Championship.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

It would appear Newcastle have done to Burnley what we did to Swindon with Duncan shearer all those years ago. 

£20 million is clearly nuts but unlike our scenario it’s not a stupid signing for Newcastle to be honest. He’s better than what they have, he’s got a release clause and it weakens Burnley.

The only players at Burnley that I’d want is Pope and maybe McNeil 

The rest aren’t that good. Just organised with Dyche. If he ever does go that squad is bottom of the table fodder

Cornet doesn’t look a bad player but how long he is there is anyone’s guess. Can’t see him being there when they are in the Championship next year 

16 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It would appear Newcastle have done to Burnley what we did to Swindon with Duncan shearer all those years ago. 

£20 million is clearly nuts but unlike our scenario it’s not a stupid signing for Newcastle to be honest. He’s better than what they have, he’s got a release clause and it weakens Burnley.

I thought we bought Duncan Shearer as a replacement when Mike Newall broke his leg.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought we bought Duncan Shearer as a replacement when Mike Newall broke his leg.

Potentially maybe even officially. But I felt it was more to do with Swindon making a run at the play offs. Probably both. We got a body and weakened them. 

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Guess it depends whether you plan for next season or try to stay up. 

How do you think your squad would do in the Championship? Expect you sell Pope and McNeil in the summer?