BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

We already needed one striker before Wood left. Right now maybe Dykes or Mitrovich from Fulham ( assuming we could get them to sell and he’d come). Not sure we will bring in 4, I’m not even sure yet we will bring in one.

I think it will be interesting to see if and who you sign before the deadline will tell you whether you will stay up or not. or whether they go down and bring in players ready for next season in Championship by signing 2, 3 or 4 players who fit the Championship. Also got to think about next season squad age

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Linked with Andy Carroll on a free

Annoyingly that could be inspired 

26 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

A crock from Reading FC... Hardly ambitious and if I were a Burnley fan and it came to fruition, I would be chucking the towel in. 

Surely they can do better than him after getting a few million for Wood. 

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah Carroll would be a terrible signing.

I saw that and assumed it was a joke - Carroll from 5 years ago maybe - I honestly thought he’d retired.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

longsiders 1882, first and foremost great to see you still on here and in the spirit that you always have been. (you'll always be a 2hat though!)

Dyche needs to sign Solanke and half the defence from Bournemouth, followed by Mitrovich from Fulham and then in mid February, Dyche needs to move to pastures new. 😉

I'd like to wish you well, f**k that!... the pendulum is about to swing! COYB!!!

Haha - likewise, I’d like to wish you well however the truth is I’m hoping you finish third and lose in the play off final 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think it will be interesting to see if and who you sign before the deadline will tell you whether you will stay up or not. or whether they go down and bring in players ready for next season in Championship by signing 2, 3 or 4 players who fit the Championship. Also got to think about next season squad age

Regardless of everything the squad has issues the coming summer. Whilst we still very much have a shout at staying up I’ll be gutted if they settle for relegation at this stage. But being linked with Carroll is not filling me with confidence.

16 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Regardless of everything the squad has issues the coming summer. Whilst we still very much have a shout at staying up I’ll be gutted if they settle for relegation at this stage. But being linked with Carroll is not filling me with confidence.

When Carroll gets it all together he’s a handful.  Wether he can still do it at top level remains to be seen. I wouldn’t write him off without seeing him play.

• Like 2

Woods hasn't had that great a season has he? (This is a question, I don't think he has from my understanding.)

Nor is he a particularly ambitious signing, can't see any top 10 premiership team wanting him. Yes I know the barcodes aren't that but with their money they should be aiming at higher quality, like they did with Trippier. 

To me it's a case of trying to guarantee Burnley go down by taking one of their key players. He's a bigger loss to the dingles than he is acquisition to the barcodes. I'll be amazed if Wood is still playing for Newcastle 18 months from now, unless they go down. Put it this way, he won't last long in the prem with them. 

Had woods played for any other club except Burnley or perhaps Watford I don’t think they’d have signed him. Also if Burnley were comfortably mid table I doubt they’d have signed him.

That said it’s not a stupid signing for Newcastle to be honest. He’s better than what they have and it weakens Burnley. Citeh made some sensible purchases before the superstars - they landed Given, Bellamy, roque, etc, before the big ones. I seem to recall they also took players from competitors when their second wave of money landed - Adebayor, Nasri. Could be a similar thing.

With limitless funds and an ambition for a seat at the top table I doubt Wood will be there as soon as they’re able to buy a better calibre of player but he could be the right man for now. Ie keeping them up. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 04:29, Tom said:

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-burnley-are-in-trouble-and-may-be-ill-equipped-to-deal-with-relegation-sean-dyche-chris-wood

Agree that Wood sale could work in their favour if they land another Cornet but the new owners may fancy the cash 

Did I get that right?  Burnley sold the club but are responsible for the payments for the sale?  Sounds wierd.  I need to run that one by my mortgage company.  Maybe I can convince them they should be making my payments.  Odd, unless I mis-understood what I read there.

15 hours ago, darrenrover said:

longsiders 1882, first and foremost great to see you still on here and in the spirit that you always have been. (you'll always be a 2hat though!)

Dyche needs to sign Solanke and half the defence from Bournemouth, followed by Mitrovich from Fulham and then in mid February, Dyche needs to move to pastures new. 😉

I'd like to wish you well, f**k that!... the pendulum is about to swing! COYB!!!

Seconded.

My thoughts, even if they don't sign, Dyche wilk pull them out if it, just.  He will get the right results when needed.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s a bit too convenient.

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

have our not so esteemed neighbours not realised the fixtures are going to pile up and with their tiny squad they are even more doomed😆

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

It's Rotherham's situation all over again I think. 

Very convenient - yea the fixtures pile up a bit but arguably buys time to get players in AND cornet back from international duty.

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

Did I get that right?  Burnley sold the club but are responsible for the payments for the sale?  Sounds wierd.  I need to run that one by my mortgage company.  Maybe I can convince them they should be making my payments.  Odd, unless I mis-understood what I read there.

Leveraged buyout, very similar to United where once purchased the debt is loaded onto the club. It stinks and shouldn’t be allowed but it is, in most business spheres.

46 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Very convenient - yea the fixtures pile up a bit but arguably buys time to get players in AND cornet back from international duty.

For Andy Carroll and Kieffer Moore signings. Would you be happy with either? Or would you a young striker in?

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Leveraged buyout, very similar to United where once purchased the debt is loaded onto the club. It stinks and shouldn’t be allowed but it is, in most business spheres.

Agreed, difference being United have the turnover to financially support that business model, whereas t' Clarets......?

Absolutely stinks and I fear for Burnley's future.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For Andy Carroll and Kieffer Moore signings. Would you be happy with either? Or would you a young striker in?

I don’t believe Andy Carroll can play 90 minutes at the highest level. Last time I saw him at our gaff a couple of years back he’d commuted 2 or 3 red card offences in about 5 minutes. If he was brought in as a last 15 minutes, throw bodies up top thing maybe.

Have we been linked with Moore? Been busy with work so haven’t seen that. Don’t know much about him other than he’s big. Think he’s got about 1 in 3 for Cardiff based on a quick Google. I guess beggars can’t be choosers but neither would inspire. I do trust the manager though so if he sees him as part of the solution then so be it - personally I’d prefer a younger player but January, IMO, is never an ideal time to buy.

23 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Agreed, difference being United have the turnover to financially support that business model, whereas t' Clarets......?

Absolutely stinks and I fear for Burnley's future.

Yep - ok as long as we stay up but go down and we are in trouble - at least we are beyond year 1 parachutes.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yep - ok as long as we stay up but go down and we are in trouble - at least we are beyond year 1 parachutes.

I think Burnley are in the financial mire whether you stay up or go down this season.

The proof of the American Mormon owners' future intentions is surely now in January? 

Nice fixture pileup coming for Burnley. Played less games than anyone else in the league, 5 less than some. Should result in a lot of their opponents being fresher during that run. Good times.

Like CLB said though, it's ridiculous they've only won one all season, and played so few games, yet just one win could take them out of the zone. Most seasons I'm sure you'd be considered already relegated with 11 points in mid-Jan.