BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

No, 2 tops I’d say - need more adding to sign 3 or 4. Unless loans I guess.

Guess it depends whether you plan for next season or try to stay up. 

How do you think your squad would do in the Championship? Expect you sell Pope and McNeil in the summer?

8 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The only players at Burnley that I’d want is Pope and maybe McNeil 

The rest aren’t that good. Just organised with Dyche. If he ever does go that squad is bottom of the table fodder

Cornet doesn’t look a bad player but how long he is there is anyone’s guess. Can’t see him being there when they are in the Championship next year 

Charlie Taylor is excellent at left back I have to admit, he’s a player. Cornet isn’t staying there whether they stay up or go down, without him this season they really would be fooked. 

It's a funny one this Wood transfer. Burnley have got a tremendous, vastly inflated fee which can definitely strengthen their survival chances if they spend it well, which is another matter altogether. 

Newcastle on the other hand have bought a player who is unlikely to contribute hugely to their own survival and therefore, I don't think they are particularly stronger or more likely to stay up.

It's any three from four presently. I think Norwich are likely to go so a lot depends on the six pointers when the other three play each other.

I think Burnley play Watford next Tuesday.

Massive!

Edited by Colt Seavers

2 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Newcastle on the other hand have bought a player who is unlikely to contribute hugely to their own survival and therefore, I don't think they are particularly stronger or more likely to stay up.

Newcastle have some good wide players and seem intent to play Shelvey as a 'quarterback' type, getting a big, strong target-man type striker might not be a daft plan to be fair - they've got the setup to put a lot of balls into the box but Wilson isn't going to get on the end of most of them. If that's the way that they want to play he might be a good signing.

Still reckon you could do better for £25m, but I kind of see the logic. Its a bit Sam Allardyce though, we know how that turned out last time.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guess it depends whether you plan for next season or try to stay up. 

How do you think your squad would do in the Championship? Expect you sell Pope and McNeil in the summer?

It depends who we keep and who we lose. If we kept the defence (minus Tarkowski) and could add 2 strikers and a centre mid we’d do pretty well. If we lose McNeil and Cornet we’d need new wide midfielders, if Taylor went - and he is often underrated, he’s an excellent left back - we’d need another there. Same with Roberts on the right. 

We’ve a lot out of contract though so allowing that Pope, Cornet and McNeil would almost definitely be gone - and I suspect Taylor and Brownlow - with Tarky already ‘gone’ we’d probably be looking at 8 new first team players, and that isn’t easy to do and be successful straight away. And of course this ignores the financial implications now we’ve had the leveraged buyout. 

I appreciate you guys will feel differently however I’m hoping there is money and we can bring in a couple of signings to make the difference this window. Only positive we have is we still have the games and are not adrift.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wood completed his 25 million pounds to Newcastle. 

Tripper and Wood have the same agent and I wonder how Newcastle knew about Wood's release clause at Burnley from. 

And apparently he’s been after a new ‘challenge’ for a year. I now almost want them to go down as much as I want us to stay up - allowing that it won’t be long before they are back up and spending silly money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

And apparently he’s been after a new ‘challenge’ for a year. I now almost want them to go down as much as I want us to stay up - allowing that it won’t be long before they are back up and spending silly money.

The good thing from our perspective with it looking like it could be 3 from 4 ,is that even if you stop up it means Newcastle will go down, and vice versa. And yet there's a real chance you both go. 

And even if by some unexpected miracle that doesn't happen, next on the hit list are either Leeds or Everton 😀

Happy days  🔵

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Watford play Newcastle this weekend and Burnley next Tuesday.

6 points from those two games and it's jelly and ice cream.

There’ll still be a long way to go. I read somewhere the Burnley play Newcastle in the final game of the season, it could go down to that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Watford play Newcastle this weekend and Burnley next Tuesday.

6 points from those two games and it's jelly and ice cream.

Then again, lose them both and they are below us and Newcastle - still tight at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’ll still be a long way to go. I read somewhere the Burnley play Newcastle in the final game of the season, it could go down to that.

We do but our run of fixtures (the rearranged Watford aside) is shocking, starting Saturday against Leicester. Those postponed games really biting us now.

• Like 1

Burnley definitely still have a chance if they bring a forward in.

That being said, if they go down there also seems to be a decent sized clutch of players that I would think fall into a category of probably being keep-able, they may not attract PL attention but they will all be top players in the Championship. Even assuming Pope, Cornet, McNeil and Tarkowski go, the likes of Nathan Collins, Connor Roberts, Ben Mee, Charlie Taylor, Johann Gudmundsson, Matej Vydra, Josh Brownhill, Ashley Westwood, Jack Cork etc all give Burnley a solid core for a promotion push.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That being said, if they go down there also seems to be a decent sized clutch of players that I would think fall into a category of probably being keep-able, they may not attract PL attention but they will all be top players in the Championship. Even assuming Pope, Cornet, McNeil and Tarkowski go, the likes of Nathan Collins, Connor Roberts, Ben Mee, Charlie Taylor, Johann Gudmundsson, Matej Vydra, Josh Brownhill, Ashley Westwood, Jack Cork etc all give Burnley a solid core for a promotion push.

They’ve got more of a chance if they bring a good midfield player in as well. Should be able to do it on £25 million plus

. When they sold a player in the the past they always had a player ready and waiting to step in.  What they’d give now for a Brian O’Neil and a Willie Irvine now.  Wingers were a speciality. I remember them selling Connelly to bring in Willie Morgan, when he went Coates came in, then Thomas, Kindon, James, the winger who went to Everton. It was a never ending supply until the scouting system fell down.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

It depends who we keep and who we lose. If we kept the defence (minus Tarkowski) and could add 2 strikers and a centre mid we’d do pretty well. If we lose McNeil and Cornet we’d need new wide midfielders, if Taylor went - and he is often underrated, he’s an excellent left back - we’d need another there. Same with Roberts on the right. 

We’ve a lot out of contract though so allowing that Pope, Cornet and McNeil would almost definitely be gone - and I suspect Taylor and Brownlow - with Tarky already ‘gone’ we’d probably be looking at 8 new first team players, and that isn’t easy to do and be successful straight away. And of course this ignores the financial implications now we’ve had the leveraged buyout. 

I appreciate you guys will feel differently however I’m hoping there is money and we can bring in a couple of signings to make the difference this window. Only positive we have is we still have the games and are not adrift.

I think you need 3 or 4 new signings in January to stay up. 

I think if you go down you will lose Pope, Mee, Taylor, McNeil, Cornet for sure. But it will give the manager a chance to revamp the squad and make it ready for the championship

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I heard him say this today, but I believe Dyche and Burnley haven't been looking for Wood replacement according to Alan Nixon. Who would you like to see replace him? Maybe Dykes from QPR or Nisbet from Hibs might be ideal

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley need more than just one striker in January if not 2 now. Plus two other signings imo. 

on the squad next season if in the championship. I think alot depends whether Dyche is there. Plus they have a number of players out of contract like Mee, Rodriquez, Barnes, Vydra, Cork and Stephens with most of those aged 32 or plus. Surely they need to revamp their squad with younger playersyb

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you need 3 or 4 new signings in January to stay up. 

I think if you go down you will lose Pope, Mee, Taylor, McNeil, Cornet for sure. But it will give the manager a chance to revamp the squad and make it ready for the championship

I heard him say this today, but I believe Dyche and Burnley haven't been looking for Wood replacement according to Alan Nixon. Who would you like to see replace him? Maybe Dykes from QPR or Nisbet from Hibs might be ideal

Burnley need more than just one striker in January if not 2 now. Plus two other signings imo. 

on the squad next season if in the championship. I think alot depends whether Dyche is there. Plus they have a number of players out of contract like Mee, Rodriquez, Barnes, Vydra, Cork and Stephens with most of those aged 32 or plus. Surely they need to revamp their squad with younger playersyb

We already needed one striker before Wood left. Right now maybe Dykes or Mitrovich from Fulham ( assuming we could get them to sell and he’d come). Not sure we will bring in 4, I’m not even sure yet we will bring in one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

We already needed one striker before Wood left. Right now maybe Dykes or Mitrovich from Fulham ( assuming we could get them to sell and he’d come). Not sure we will bring in 4, I’m not even sure yet we will bring in one.

Are you paying 100000 k per week that's what Mitrovic is rumoured to be on?

13 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As ever there are more stories about player wages than there are players however I’d heard our highest paid was 80k - certainly don’t believe it’s 100k

longsiders 1882, first and foremost great to see you still on here and in the spirit that you always have been. (you'll always be a 2hat though!)

Dyche needs to sign Solanke and half the defence from Bournemouth, followed by Mitrovich from Fulham and then in mid February, Dyche needs to move to pastures new. 😉

I'd like to wish you well, f**k that!... the pendulum is about to swing! COYB!!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Linked with Andy Carroll on a free

Annoyingly that could be inspired 

A crock from Reading FC... Hardly ambitious and if I were a Burnley fan and it came to fruition, I would be chucking the towel in. 

Surely they can do better than him after getting a few million for Wood. 

• Like 3