BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Odd that he didn’t have better options than that lot given his pedigree. 

He gets a chance to put himself in the Premier League shop window for 20 games - or more if we stay up and no one move for him in summer. He's got a relegation clause so can move on if we go down. We need more than him to survive but having watched some of his goal reels there might be a few nervous PL defenders around. 

Not sure why no other teams were looking - or indeed why Newcastle didn't go for him ahead of Wood. Maybe it's that good old English exceptionalism at play, exceptionalism that feeds that foundationless belief that the premier league is the 'hardest in the world' and he hasn't proved himself here?

Whatever it is this is a signing I'm absolutely happy with - though I hear he can be a handful off the pitch as well as on it.

• Like 2

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

He gets a chance to put himself in the Premier League shop window for 20 games - or more if we stay up and no one move for him in summer. He's got a relegation clause so can move on if we go down. We need more than him to survive but having watched some of his goal reels there might be a few nervous PL defenders around. 

Not sure why no other teams were looking - or indeed why Newcastle didn't go for him ahead of Wood. Maybe it's that good old English exceptionalism at play, exceptionalism that feeds that foundationless belief that the premier league is the 'hardest in the world' and he hasn't proved himself here?

Whatever it is this is a signing I'm absolutely happy with - though I hear he can be a handful off the pitch as well as on it.

What do you mean : If you go down. Don't you mean when.

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

What do you mean : If you go down. Don't you mean when.

With over half our games still to play and between 2 and 5 games in hand on teams around us? Not only has the fat lady not sung yet, she hasn’t even arrived at the opera house.

Bloody hell, much like Ramsey, I wouldn’t want you alongside me in the trenches.

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

With over half our games still to play and between 2 and 5 games in hand on teams around us? Not only has the fat lady not sung yet, she hasn’t even arrived at the opera house.

Bloody hell, much like Ramsey, I wouldn’t want you alongside me in the trenches.

I would never be in a Burnley trench. So don't worry about that.

On 25/01/2022 at 07:00, longsiders1882 said:

Obviously for me to see us claw our way back from oblivion, to see the club finally out on a solid financial footing only for it to be wrecked by the greed of the owners as were and some foreign speculators is a hard one to watch - but we aren’t the first and won’t I guess be the last. 

Sure for you guys - and I can’t say I didn’t get some fun out of seeing the Venkys experiment but, at the same time, could also find it a bit worrying that a club whose business model I admired, however grudgingly, could be turned from so well run to what it became within a season or two. Sadly there isn’t the appetite in government or even the fans it feels, for change.

The whole situation is a total disgrace. 

51% is an absolute must as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 5

On 01/01/2022 at 13:27, Mattyblue said:

Do you know another thing that’s been great about this season… a load of different chants, but hardly any of them are now banging on about this lot, which makes a bloody welcome change!

We were becoming as small time as they were when they spent years obsessed with us…

I agree the we hate Burnley b----rds chants are becoming very boring, let's go forward with new chants for Rovers promotion push, and not dwell in the 70s and 80s when these chants on the terraces were first heard. Come on you Rovers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2022 at 00:33, chaddyrovers said:

Were you happy with your only business being this signing? 

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'd say so, he looks a fine player and it's the position where they needed someone 

Very happy with him, wish we had managed to get Orsic as well but just wasn't to be. January is rarely a good time to strengthen, unless you have unlmited funds like Newcastle so I'm glad we didn't panic buy but wish we could have identified and attracted more players. 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Very happy with him, wish we had managed to get Orsic as well but just wasn't to be. January is rarely a good time to strengthen, unless you have unlmited funds like Newcastle so I'm glad we didn't panic buy but wish we could have identified and attracted more players. 

Looks good on Match of the day. 

Whether January is the good time to strengthen or not, Burnley need 3 or 4 signings surely. Plus given that you had 20 million pounds plus to spend and surely the club and Dyche should have strengthen more? Plus looking at your potential squad for next season surely some investment in signing younger players for next season could have happen?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks good on Match of the day. 

Whether January is the good time to strengthen or not, Burnley need 3 or 4 signings surely. Plus given that you had 20 million pounds plus to spend and surely the club and Dyche should have strengthen more? Plus looking at your potential squad for next season surely some investment in signing younger players for next season could have happen?

Well they did try to add Orsic and thought that deal was done. We are a difficult sell at the best of times and when you are in real danger of relegation it adds another layer of challenge. We have a big rebuild job in summer but in which league? As for right now, we needed a striker with Wood gone and we needed a more attacking centre mid regardless, arguably an additional wide player but otherwise we are ok until summer when many are out of contract and any relegation likely to trigger an exodus of the quality players. 

In summary, it would have been nice to add the midfield quality but we failed to do so, Weghorst has added something to our play and we continue to battle. We still have to play all the teams around us, from Brentford down, so we still have a fighters chance to stay up.

37 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well they did try to add Orsic and thought that deal was done. We are a difficult sell at the best of times and when you are in real danger of relegation it adds another layer of challenge. We have a big rebuild job in summer but in which league? As for right now, we needed a striker with Wood gone and we needed a more attacking centre mid regardless, arguably an additional wide player but otherwise we are ok until summer when many are out of contract and any relegation likely to trigger an exodus of the quality players. 

In summary, it would have been nice to add the midfield quality but we failed to do so, Weghorst has added something to our play and we continue to battle. We still have to play all the teams around us, from Brentford down, so we still have a fighters chance to stay up.

On the big rebuilding job in summer, Whichever league you are in its will big and costly. Plus will Dyche stay? what happens with the ownership? Hopefully you already have a recruitment plan in place for summer. 

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I don't think identifying them would be your problem Longers. Attracting them, well that's a whole different gravy 😉

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, JohnD said:

The fat lady is warming up.

It's incredible how much money they've had via the Prem, spent very little, yet haven't a pot to p1ss in.

The fit and proper test failed again!

Amen 🙏

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, JohnD said:

The fat lady is warming up.

It's incredible how much money they've had via the Prem, spent very little, yet haven't a pot to p1ss in.

Fun that it's finally happening for them, but how's our pisspot looking? 

And how confident would I be of beating them?

We'd probably get 3 penalties, miss them all, play against 10 men for half the game, and still let them win with a 93rd min howler. Guessing maybe an OG. 🙄

• Like 2