BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No Styles we discussed.I hadn't seen O'Riley play bar clips after we were linked

Found the post now. I said and I will quote 

"how much would he cost? and do we not need more tackling defensive midfielder?" 

So I didn't dismiss Styles as an option but suggested we cover for Travis. Which I think is sensible 

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Found the post now. I said and I will quote 

"how much would he cost? and do we not need more tackling defensive midfielder?" 

So I didn't dismiss Styles as an option but suggested we cover for Travis. Which I think is sensible 

You said you see Buckley as Rothwells replacement and you didn't want Styles Chaddy.

Screenshot_2022-03-06-17-52-12-42_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-06-17-52-00-94_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-06-17-51-35-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by islander200

I said I would like to sign Styles as he could impact this season and would be an ideal Rothwell replacement at the end of the season if he left.Your reply was 

You see Buckley as Rothwells replacement but felt that Rothwell would end up staying anyway.

Quite clear from that reply by you that you didn't want Styles signed in January you wanted a tackling midfielder which you also said.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I said I would like to sign Styles as he could impact this season and would be an ideal Rothwell replacement at the end of the season if he left.Your reply was 

You see Buckley as Rothwells replacement but felt that Rothwell would end up staying anyway.

Quite clear from that reply by you that you didn't want Styles signed in January you wanted a tackling midfielder which you also said.

I don't see Styles as like for like player replacement for Rothwell. I rated Styles as player and he impressed me every time I've seen him. He was Barnsley's best player against us at Ewood Park. Given that last week it was reported we agreed a fee for him but the player wanted to stay at Barnsley to help them stay up. So you were close to getting your wish

Yes I would have like a tackling midfielder to back up Travis with. 

Mowbray is currently walking around the training ground with his fingers in his ears thinking that Gallagher, Dolan and Giles are suddenly going to start scoring every week.

Not a chance he will look at that unfortunately. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

Although strictly speaking it's not the Summer window any foreign player, manager or coach in Russia can effectively suspend their contracts and sign for other teams until the end of June this year. Hopefully Mowbray is aware and is looking as we speak.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/606522

On 06/03/2022 at 18:31, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see Styles as like for like player replacement for Rothwell. I rated Styles as player and he impressed me every time I've seen him. He was Barnsley's best player against us at Ewood Park. Given that last week it was reported we agreed a fee for him but the player wanted to stay at Barnsley to help them stay up. So you were close to getting your wish

Yes I would have like a tackling midfielder to back up Travis with. 

I am looking for Mowbrays' replacement not Rothwells'

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oh he'll bring in some forwards alright. Wide forwards/winger types with under 10 career goals to their name.

Why restrict it to wide forwards and wingers? He's now playing fullbacks up front, on the wrong side.

Kaminski will get a turn before the end of the season.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, davulsukur said:

A new manager would surely see we can't score in a brothel and bring in a striker. 

If Mowbray is still here, and I suspect he will be, we won't.

Mowbray will be here, but he won't have Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton.

I'm sure he'll continue down this road of bringing in attacking players better suited to midfield who don't score many, and he won't have Breretons goals to bail him out. If he's going to do it in January when we had a massive opportunity for automatic promotion I can't see him changing anything for a new season.

Like now we'll have a decent defence, some good players, but no one to score and he'll be trying all sorts of nonsense to make it work. As for Dack, if his last stint is anything to go by he'll play him all wrong to fit in with whatever bizarre system he's concocted.

For a football man he has a massive disrespect for goalscorers if he thinks anyone can do the job.

More of the same, less goals.

On 08/03/2022 at 21:54, neophox said:

Potential firesale at Chelsea too with their accounts frozen and them going to need to balance the books in order to pay staff. Could see a lot of decent young players getting offloaded.

On 10/03/2022 at 09:24, booth said:

Mowbray will be here, but he won't have Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton.

I'm sure he'll continue down this road of bringing in attacking players better suited to midfield who don't score many, and he won't have Breretons goals to bail him out. If he's going to do it in January when we had a massive opportunity for automatic promotion I can't see him changing anything for a new season.

Like now we'll have a decent defence, some good players, but no one to score and he'll be trying all sorts of nonsense to make it work. As for Dack, if his last stint is anything to go by he'll play him all wrong to fit in with whatever bizarre system he's concocted.

For a football man he has a massive disrespect for goalscorers if he thinks anyone can do the job.

More of the same, less goals.

He has these odds thoughts at times.

Anyone can score goals 

Anyone can play Right Back

• Like 1

On 06/03/2022 at 06:06, inflikted said:

Gonna suggest someone who should be signed for the academy team.

Name: Jaiden Bartolo
Position: Centre-Forward
Current Club: 🇬🇮 Manchester 62 FC
International: Gibraltar U17 - 5 caps, 2 goals
1 goal scored vs Faroe Islands U17 10 September 2021 (Result: W 2-1)
1 goal scored vs Bosnia-Herzegovina U17 7 October 2021 (Result: L 1-6)
Season stats:
Gibraltar Intermediate League (U23 League): 2 apps, 4 goals
Gibraltar National League: 4 apps, 5 goals

Made his U23 debut on 10 February 2022 against Lynx U23, scoring 4 goals as a substitute in a 7-4 win.
Made his first team debut on 12 February 2022 against College 1975, starting the game and scoring one goal.
Scored first senior hat-trick on 5 March 2022 in a 4-1 win against Lynx.

Seems to be making a big impact over there and is part of a crop of youngsters making moves abroad, with several now in Spain (Thomas Recagno - Atlético Zabal, Tyler Carrington - CD Estepona, Rafi Emrani - RB Linense, Nicholas Pozo - Cadíz, Jesse Gomez - Algeciras) and a few in England (Carlos Richards - Derby County, Evan Busto - Rotherham United, Liam Jessop - Fleetwood Town). Considering he was rushed into the first team as soon as the league's rules allowed them to, it's clear his club sees big things ahead for him and with the right coaching could turn into a good goalscorer at a decent level. Not like Blackburn haven't scouted there before either, and with Gibraltar league games now being streamed on demand it's easy to watch his performances online too (for example, yesterday's game where he scored a hat-trick).

The kid's now been called up to the Gibraltar senior national team to face Grenada and the Faroe Islands. Will be alongside Lee Casciaro who is nearly 25 years older than him. If he does make his debut it'll be worth a watch.

• 1 month later...