BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Both Johnson and Davenport are now off the wage bill. Both were also on significantly bigger wages than Nyambe and Rothwell.

They both contributed sod all last season and could easily be replaced by first year pros coming through the academy on peanuts. If we can’t use those savings in  wages to offer good, regular first team players something near the going rate, all the plans and long term visions we heard about yesterday are doomed to fail from the off.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The crackpots on the Lancashire Telegraph comments are excelling themselves with this one! A few gems…

- Its good that he’s going because no player should stay at a club too long

- Not to worry, we have Annesley

- Lenihan is greedy

- He’s not a big loss

- Not to worry, Gregg B and the as yet unappointed manager will sort it out

- It allows Carter to develop

- Travis will get less yellow cards

- It’s not all doom and gloom, it’s money off the wage bill

- The prospect of new signings is interesting

- If you are unhappy about this you are negative and need to back the club

Absolute crackpots on there indeed.A great move...not!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Just now, unsall said:

Pretty certain it’s the length of contract that’s sealed it for Lenihan to ‘Boro, not sure Rovers are handing out long contracts anymore to 27/28 year olds.

can understand why with some positions but not at the centre of a now weaker defence

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, unsall said:

Pretty certain it’s the length of contract that’s sealed it for Lenihan to ‘Boro, not sure Rovers are handing out long contracts anymore to 27/28 year olds.

Well we’d better get used to losing players for nothing as they reach their peak in terms of performance and value then.

• Like 4

At 27/28 you still have a load of years left as a centre half. A four year deal taking them to 31/32 is not exactly risky. Another one after that taking them to 35/36 is obviously a different issue.

A club built on loans and young lads will eventually lead only in one direction…

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tricky said:

can understand why with some positions but not at the centre of a now weaker defence

Not saying it’s right decision but heard he was happy with money on offer can only think they wouldn’t stretch to a 4 year contract.

Opens up for Carter to come good playing with Wharton, Ayala and another experienced one needed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In what way are they anything like a basket case like Birmingham?

Shite supporters who think they are the biggest club in the NE.

A club that doesn't respect decisions - we saw it when they cried off the game at Ewood and got themselves relegated for their troubles.#

An owner in Gibson who thinks that he can just sue everyone when things don't go his way. The owner who thinks his club is actually much bigger than it actually is.

A club that throws money and doesn't get anything back in return.

Just for starters!

6 hours ago, 47er said:

But he'll earn 3 times as much! That's a step-up in the real world.

But its not ambition wise after all he clearly stated that he wanted a Premiership move, added to the fact his contract was agreed at Ewood, on the table ready for signing with no financial issues and it says to me that in this case earnings are a factor. Boro are not a bigger club than Rovers and offer no more a chance of promotion than we do.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

At 27/28 you still have a load of years left as a centre half. A four year deal taking them to 31/32 is not exactly risky. Another one after that taking them to 35/36 is obviously a different issue.

A club built on loans and young lads will eventually lead only in one direction…

One thing is clear from DL, despite the club standing by him with his back injuries a few years ago he has shown no loyalty back to the club. He will find that the grass isn't  always greener and indeed he may find it difficult to make the first 11 he wont unseat McNair, Fry or Hall in the centre of defence and he most certainly wont be the right back in that team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Shite supporters who think they are the biggest club in the NE.

A club that doesn't respect decisions - we saw it when they cried off the game at Ewood and got themselves relegated for their troubles.#

An owner in Gibson who thinks that he can just sue everyone when things don't go his way. The owner who thinks his club is actually much bigger than it actually is.

A club that throws money and doesn't get anything back in return.

Just for starters!

Oh I see, you just have an irrational dislike of them, partly due to an incident 25 years ago, sorry I thought you were trying to say they were actually similar set up clubs, which, of course, would be a daft thing to say.

losing Lenihan is a blow to the club. Good player and leader but he wants to new challenge or I think Boro offering a 4 year contract seal the deal there. Good luck to him there. 

We should be able to replace him with someone of similar quality. 

38 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

According to their local journo, Boro want Arma on loan for the season too. A double kick right in our goolies.

Well he signed 2 strikers last January who didn't performed for him. He will sign McGoldrick I bet 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I see, you just have an irrational dislike of them, partly due to an incident 25 years ago, sorry I thought you were trying to say they were actually similar set up clubs, which, of course, would be a daft thing to say.

No it goes back much further Matty to when they resided at Ayresome park, the ultimate of shitholes back then and the rucks that we often saw from the so called hard lads especially when they just legged it over the graveyard when faced with the north west lads😀

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

According to their local journo, Boro want Arma on loan for the season too. A double kick right in our goolies.

If that is the worst kick in the goolies we get next season. I will gladly settle for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well he signed 2 strikers last January who didn't performed for him. He will sign McGoldrick I bet 

McGoldrick will be 35 in November chaddy with his best days behind him

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

One thing is clear from DL, despite the club standing by him with his back injuries a few years ago he has shown no loyalty back to the club. He will find that the grass isn't  always greener and indeed he may find it difficult to make the first 11 he wont unseat McNair, Fry or Hall in the centre of defence and he most certainly wont be the right back in that team.

The "loyalty" card. Fans need to understand there isn't any loyalty in football. A player will move whereever he is offered the best deal.

I'm sorry to see Lenihan go - we'll find it diffcult to replace him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The "loyalty" card. Fans need to understand there isn't any loyalty in football. A player will move whereever he is offered the best deal.

I'm sorry to see Lenihan go - we'll find it diffcult to replace him

It is always dificult to replace a player, but it will be done, let's just wait and see what happens. One thing is certain, us worrying about it will not make the slightest difference.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

But its not ambition wise after all he clearly stated that he wanted a Premiership move, added to the fact his contract was agreed at Ewood, on the table ready for signing with no financial issues and it says to me that in this case earnings are a factor. Boro are not a bigger club than Rovers and offer no more a chance of promotion than we do.

As it stands at this moment, I don't really get the thinking behind that. At this moment in time, they have a proven manager, we are still scrambling around and half of our team has gone.

You seem rather bitter about it, I remember you saying that Waggott had essentially said about Lenihan that he isn't that good (post the 7-0 loss) so perhaps his opinion has worn off on you?

4 hours ago, unsall said:

Not saying it’s right decision but heard he was happy with money on offer can only think they wouldn’t stretch to a 4 year contract.

Opens up for Carter to come good playing with Wharton, Ayala and another experienced one needed.

Big ask for Carter, not least alongside Wharton with Ayala constantly injured. We need perhaps two more I would say.

Portsmouth fans are desperate for them to sign Carter so hoping he is the one who can make a step up. Wharton made a decent step up after promotion with Northampton and Carter has been playing at a level above that. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As it stands at this moment, I don't really get the thinking behind that. At this moment in time, they have a proven manager, we are still scrambling around and half of our team has gone.

You seem rather bitter about it, I remember you saying that Waggott had essentially said about Lenihan that he isn't that good (post the 7-0 loss) so perhaps his opinion has worn off on you?

No I am not bitter at all. I have my own views on Lenihan, I personally would have liked him to stay, but for me and I emphasise, Boro are no bigger or better than Rovers, they finished a measly 1 point and 1 place higher than us despite having the so called riches we don't, Wilder at the helm and Gibson driving them on whereas we had the ineffective Mowbray, Venus, Benson and Lowe and loose cannon Waggot leading us off the park!

That in itself tells a story!